Arcadia Solutions

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details Previous hiring admin was a wreck, but the folks who do most of the phone screens and the on-site interviews are live employees. They want to work with great people. Despite its flaws, Arcadia has a fairly difficult and competitive hiring process.

1) Informational interview
2) Phone screen with current consultant. Includes analytical "riddle".
3) On-site, which many other folks discussed below. Includes behavioral case, analytical case, presentation to sell yourself, and social lunch.

My advice here would be that it's alright to goof up; circle back, acknowledge your error, move through the corrections methodically and quickly. Especially when it comes to math errors.
And don't let them see you sweat. Clients don't want to see you sweat.

Interview Question – How much does it cost to wash all of the windows in NYC, once each?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation---HR completely bungled the hiring process. That's why the new HR administration is there.

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details Four interviews - 'Case', 'Analytical', Presentation and 'Social'. The case and analytical are simple versions of any case pratice you've ever done. The 'analytical' focuses on a quantitative approach to choosing a business solution and is very straight forward. The 'Case' focuses instead of more practice project management issues and is easy to walk through. The presentation is merely verbally relating how your resume relates to the job with a powerpoint and the social is just a business lunch.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Salary negotiation was simple enough having them state their preferred compensation first.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2012.

Interview Details Submitted an online application and then completed two phone interviews before coming to the office for a 4 hour-ish in-person interview.

Interview Question – Here is a bunch of information about a hospital. What does it mean and how could this situation be improved?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a similar offer in another city that I preferred to work in.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details Three week interview process. My first interview was over phone with a recruiter. The 2nd (over phone) interview a week later, was with one of their consultants. My last interview was in person w/ the team which included a couple of principal consultants and Senior Director.

Interview Question – My advice is to not get nervous. The analytic questions are actually pretty easy, but nerves can get the best of you. It was a good experience and they are really looking to work through and solve the problems together with you during the interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details Half hour on campus interview. Went through resume, asked why I was interested in the company and the position. Asked me a brain teaser type case question. Time for questions at the end. Asked to do an on site interview. 5 parts: 1. Going over resume/what I know about the company/why I'm interested. 2. Case Study Question 3. Math/technical question 4. Lunch 5. Had to prepare a 20 minute power point presentation as to why I was a good fit for the company. Everyone at the company was very nice, thought interview went well.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary for a consulting position.   Answer Question

Consultant/Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Interview Details The interview process is pretty straightforward. I applied online, and the hiring manager contacted me within 2 weeks. The first interview was straight forward and lasted 30 mins. They went over the resume, tell me about yourself type questions. The second interview was a mix of behavioral and analytical questions. The third interview was with a senior analyst which lasted about 15 mins and was again going through the resume. Generally there are 2 interviews, but very rarely they take a third interview before calling onsite. Overall the interview process is pretty straightforward.

Interview Question – What is the angle between the hands of a clock.   Answer Question

Providence, RI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in October 2012.

Interview Details Very strange initial process. Was not initially contacted for an interview, then received an e-mail the day before the on campus interviews. Very short, mostly informational (going over resume) and little behavioral interview. No case was worked over during this interview and was intended for a second round apparently. A week later received an email stating that I wasn't chosen for the next round. Overall unclear process.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk through resume. Why consulting. Why Arcadia.   Answer Question

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details Spoke with a former employee who referred me to a current employee who then passed my information along to HR. Was first contacted by a member of their team at the beginning of August. After some email tag, scheduled my first round phone interview at the end of August. All questions were related to my resume/behavioral fit. After Labor Day, scheduled second round phone interview for second or third week in September. Again, about a 30-45 minute phone call, this time with two short brain teasers at the end (angle between hands on a clock and number of college/university students in the US). Honestly felt/still feel that this second phone interview is a waste of time on the company's behalf. Just include the brain teaser stuff in the first interview.
Was asked in for an in-person interview one week later, which as others have posted here, involved a 15-20 minute presentation, a case discussing a dysfunctional project manager and the steps you would take to remedy the situation, a case involving a bunch of numbers related to revenue and costs of two health plans, and a lunch with two consultants. After the lunch, I met with the recruiting manager for about 30 minutes for some final questions. The quant heavy case was a bit confusing in its presentation, but overall none of this was too difficult. Total interview lasted from about 10AM to 3PM.
Was notified 10 days later that I would not be receiving an offer. When I asked for feedback, they said it's company policy to not give feedback, which is a shame.

Interview Question – Numbers case related to two different health plans   View Answer

Interviewed at Arcadia Solutions

Interview Details Very arduous interview process. Two phone interviews, then a 4+ hour onsite. Had to meet with over ten different people and go through a presentation, analytic interview, social, etc. It was too much for an experienced consultant. Seemed more appropriate for entry level positions.

Reason for Declining – Better offer at a more established consulting company.

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in September 2010.

Interview Details #1 - On-Campus Interview
#2 - On-Site Interview (8 Hours)

Interview Question – No curve balls. Fairly straightforward interview process.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arcadia Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arcadia Solutions interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Arcadia Solutions employees and interview candidates.