ArcelorMittal USA

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Georgetown, SC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2014.

Interview Details I saw them at the Career Fair at my university and they were looking for a metallurgical engineer. I got an email from them asking me to come for an interview on campus, it was a very general question, typical asking about my leadership experience and my experience working in a manufacturing environment.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straight forward, the hard one I found to answer was why steel, I should've been prepared for that question I just said some things about my passion for steel and Materials Science but I think they saw right through that.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineer Interen Interview

University City, St. Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2014.

Interview Details hey recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Question – He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview Details Had a pre-night where they told us about the company and then split off into different groups to discuss the sectors

Interview was very conversation and the questions were pretty normal

Interview Question – What is the most difficult workplace you have had?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview Details Applied for job through university career services. Had the first interview with an older manager and a newer analyst. After a few weeks I received an invite to the East Chicago plant for the final round interview. There were five of us that got invited, we signed in and did our paperwork then went off and did four one on one interviews with different managers of the department. We then had a chance to meet with some of the newer analysts over lunch and ask about the job. A few weeks later I got a call with the offer. Hair drug screen, urine test, and medical exam must be passed prior to your first day.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is not negotiable but vacation time is. They will not mention it, but they offer a very generous relocation bonus upon accepting the offer, so don't let that hold you back from accepting.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview Details Met them at a career fair and they asked me to do an on campus interview the next day. I was interviewed by two individuals and they took turns in asking me questions. They stressed it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the manufacturing side?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering
Rolla, MO (US)

I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

Interview Details had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Interview Question – how to deal with the boss in specific cases   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Technology Engineer Interview

East Chicago, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview Details Interviewed with 3 managers onsite in the continuous improvement group. Also interviewed with the senior division manager of continuous improvement. Received offer within 1 week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Easy interview. Show your technical ability / computer ability. You must be good on the shop floor and dealing with all levels of management. Why ArcelorMittal? Mostly behavior based questions based on your past experiences. Use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Research the company of course before hand and talk about how you like working on the shop floor and getting hands dirty.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Analyst Interview

East Lansing, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in October 2013.

Interview Details I first came in contact with Arcelormittal at my school's career fair. I talked to the recruiter there, gave her my resume, and we scheduled an interview the next day. I got to the interview site and waiting in a room full of interviewees for other companies and was soon called in to do the interview. The person who interviewed me just graduated this past year so he was young and energetic. Definitely felt more comfortable than a regular interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you showed your leadership and how did you prosper.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Associate Interview

Financial Analyst Associate
Burns Harbor, IN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was like any other behavioral interview and all answers were expected to be answered with the STAR approach. There were a lot of similar questions that they wanted you to be prepared to answer. It is good to know about the company and being that it is a steel company you should know that the surroundings you may be put in may not be the most luxurious. Overall, the interview and hiring process was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why are you better than any other candidate interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Associate Analyst Interview

East Chicago, IN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2012.

Interview Details Met with the recruiters an a local career fair. Provided my resume and said that I was interested in a position requiring more math (previously I was working as a project manager). Had a follow up phone interview. This led into an interview with three of their employees. Those employees were mostly one level below the VP of purchasing which led to the job offer.

Interview Question – I was describing something I did in my econometric's class regarding looking at public metro's in different cities, their population densities, and hoping to find some relationship between those and their finances. The person I interviewed then asked me to delve into the details which I wasn't entirely prepared to do (the class was a few years ago), but I muddled through it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited ability to negotiate. I was brought on as a temporary which then turned into a full time offer. Regarding negotiating the full time offer, I checked with my company "mentor" (somebody with lots of experience but outside of your department" about figuring out how competitive it was. As it included a promotion, raise, full-time offer, benefits, etc., he said that I should not use the political capital necessary to get a few minor concessions at the time and take it as is. I did.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ArcelorMittal USA

Worked for ArcelorMittal USA? Contribute to the Community!

ArcelorMittal USA Videos

ArcelorMittal USA – Why Work for Us?

ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading integrated steel and mining company. With more than 260,000 employees in 60 countries, we are the leading supplier of quality steel products in all major markets including… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ArcelorMittal USA interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews are posted anonymously by ArcelorMittal USA employees and interview candidates.