Argus Information & Advisory Services

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2014.

Interview Details I went through 3 phone calls and got an offer in a week. The interviews included basic personal experience, expectation on future job, industry knowledge, and a case. The company will consider you for different positions and ask about your preference.

Interview Question – Describe one of your experience which indicated that you fit in the position.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2011.

Interview Details phone screening followed by in person interview

Interview Question – How many cats are there in the US   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

White Plains, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview Details The Hiring Process starts with a phone call from HR where they ask some general questions like "Why Argus?", etc etc. From there, a in site interview will be scheduled. If you drive to the office, they cover your parking expense which is great. If you take other means of transportation, you can get reimbursed.

Interview Question – The questions fall under 3 categories:
1. The General/ Basic interview questions: Strengths/weakness, Tell me about yourself, Why this company?, Why this specific role?, etc etc
2. Behavioral Questions: What would you do if you were in this particular situation...?, How would you handle this situation...?
3. Questions where they test how you think: Might be computational but its not about getting it right or wrong. They just want to know your thought process.
  Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview Details Initial phone screen. Then scheduled a skype interview with 3 members of the team.
Basic questions about your resume and projects. Then a series of SQL questions about different statements

Interview Question – Ranking functions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

White Plains, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2013.

Interview Details I had an interview over the phone in the beginning and called me for in person. While having phone interview , I have clearly mentioned them I'm recent graduate and don't have hands on skills in SQL. Unfortunately, there were some interviewers, they didn't even look at my profile and started asking me questions from Hard Core SQL. Even though I was applied for junior position. This was bad experience ever with this company.

Interview Question – Asked me questions for the SQL developer position but I was applied for a Jr. Position. Never seen this type of company before.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied online. The interview process consists of 1 phone interview and 1 onsite interview. The phone interview is about technical expertise and onsite interview is about a case study and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why did you want to join our company?   Answer Question

White Plains, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in December 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview: ask about project experience on resume
Onsite interview: met with 4 people from senior analyst to senior manager, been asked with all types of questions: resume, project, SQL, credit card, risk, and etc.

Interview Question – How would you estimate the first month market demand in the U.S for the new iphone?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Interview Details phone interview, then onsite interview

Interview Question – case study based on credit card industry   Answer Question

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2011.

Interview Details It was a positive experience. I was asked about joins

Interview Question – how many coffee cups are sold in US?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation done

White Plains, NY (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in November 2011.

Interview Details They had a total of four people interviewing each applicant, one is from HR and the rest are analysts. They gave several case interviews specific to the credit card industry. If you could, make sure you do extensive research on the industry, and think about questions such as what kind of people are most likely to occur credit card fees, how to identify them, etc. They also had a few brain teasers. They are easy as long as you still have a sharp mind after hours of interview. Also, go over your statistical knowledge such as R^2=1-SSE/SSTO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent quantitative research project.   View Answer
  • How many balls of radius 10cm would fit in this room?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Worked for Argus Information & Advisory Services? Contribute to the Community!