AroundCampus Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2014
58 interviews

2.6

Applied online

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that you're going to you favorite restaurant and explain to them why it's important to advertise to college students   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Process took about 2 weeks for interview and job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explained a situation in which a business owner wants to buy advertising space. Convince him to buy the most expensive spot.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at AroundCampus.

virtual, Skype, and in-person

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Questions
    • If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Questions
    • You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

At the time I applied for an internship the company was known as University Directories. About 2 weeks after applying I got a call from a regional manager and we scheduled a short phone interview. I was asked question like "How do you think the internship will benefit you?" and "What about the company interests you?". After the phone interview, a virtual interview was scheduled. I was prepared for all those questions only because I read previous reviews on glassdoor. It was cool because I was able to rerecord my response if I messed up the first time. Following the virtual interview, a skype interview with the manger was scheduled. He was very nice and personable. That interview lasted about 45 minutes. He asked me to think of my favorite restaurant and act as if I was trying to sell their product. That interview was followed up with a call where I was asked a couple more simple question. After that I was finally offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your favorite restaurant an sell our product to the manager.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Questions
    • What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

UD is usually at school career fairs. I submitted my resume to them and got an interview the next day. There is only one interview and an online evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me three words your friend would use to describe you."   View Answer
    • They hand you a planner and try to get you to do a sales pitch for an ad in the planner.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship