AroundCampus Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2014
58 interviews

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer
    You either accept or deny.

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Met the recruiter at the job fair and then set up an interview at the school then was called by the recruiter and told I was given the Sales Team Leader position.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing on how I would sell their product to a client   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Questions
    • Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at AroundCampus.

The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Questions
    • Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question
    None

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisonburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   View Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.