AstraZeneca

Updated 19 Jan 2015
Updated 19 Jan 2015

3.1

Scientist Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Recruiter reached out to me regarding a contract opportunity at AZ. First a phone interview, then came in for a face to face. Was given the job the next day and had to quickly get drug testing done which took a few days. It was pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just asked about my experience as it related to the posting.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2015.

2 interviews. 1st was a phone interview discussing resume, then a behavioral based test via the Internet, then I was suggested to apply for the position, then my resume went to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • In 2013 when you gave a presentation, tell me who was the audience, what was the presentation about, and what was the result of that presentation?   Answer Question
    • This is a situational based question.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Hiring Managers are usually required to conduct panel interviews with a member of the HR team present. Panel members will usually share a list of questions to ask each candidate. Candidates will be expected to give detailed, different examples for each question, not only demonstrating a time when they have performed a specific task, but also HOW they achieved the outcome they have achieved. For example, "Tell me about a time where you have utilized negotiation skills successfully." They are not only interested in the outcome, but how (soft skills) you achieved the outcome. Most positions are seeking global, diverse experience demonstrating a breadth, as well as a depth of knowledge and insight.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths, as well as shortcomings. Tell me about a time when you failed to achieve your goal.   Answer Question
    Salary ranges are broad, so ask for the salary you desire. Vacation and flexible work arrangements are also negotiable.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in December 2014.

Technical assessment
    Length one day 9 am to 5pm.
    Steps:
    Presentation of my work 45 min
    Technical test on a completely aknown topic
    Lunch
    Attitudinal questions
    Technical test on a more familiar topic

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think this role is for you?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview was okay, not too hard to crack. Work profile is good. Good peer group, opportunity to grow. Had only one interview with the technical person and an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Did you challenge the status-quo and do anything ?   View Answer

Medical Representative Interview

Phone interview, called for a phone interview to be scheduled on another day, the interveiw took 15 mins, simple personal questions , why you want to be a medical rep, what's your week point in your personality, why we would accept you ?, do you have a driving license.

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to do a 20-30 minute phone interview. Then online assessment, which was mostly just personality questions. My first f2f interview was with two DSM. 3-4 situational questions (star format), 10 minute persuasive conversation in any subject you wanted. Great conversation and was a natural setting. Second f2f was with my direct hiring manager and another DSM. It was similar to the first one but I needed new success stories, I prepared a new persuasive conversation and strong close.

Process Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online through there careers website and got an email saying I've been short listed for a phone interview.
    The interview was for a duration of 30 mins. Questions include my interest in the position, skills and my achievements.

Interview Questions
    • What was my thought on animal testing and embryonic stem cell testing.   Answer Question