AstraZeneca Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
182 interviews

3.1

Clinical Development Menager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

II interviews, the process was very long, no final answer, the second interview 3 person from AstraZeneca II managers, I person from HR department, common questions why would you like to change the job?, describe your day in the office?

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loughborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2010.

Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
    Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   View Answer
    They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.

Senior, Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2010.

interview process took a long time, multiple days with many different departments. Very thorough process. Background checks, references and situational questions. Only frustration was the length of time it took to get to an offer. I would suggest being very prepared with good examples of results generated in past jobs. Be ready also for very long days of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you made a poor decision. What did you do to correct it?   Answer Question
    easy, straight forward, transparent

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2013.

I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

To accept a position at a different company

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Finance Manager Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

One phone interview and one face to face interview with 2 people next to me and 1person in video joining from a different location. I was dissappointed in company process as I did not even get an automated email saying that they went ahead with another candidate. This tells me something about the company.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a business case and wanted me to present. Study their past acquisitions and licensing agreements as the business case was a real past deal.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2014.

two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question
    didn't negotiate

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

Will require at least two interviews in addition to a phone screening and a personality test. Remember that they are looking for a sales person-- you have to directly ask for the job on the phone interview (close!).

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have several examples of times when you overcame some sort of challenge, and frame them in STAR format (Situation or Task, Assesment, and Result).   Answer Question
    I negotiated and got $2,000 more than they initially offered.

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alderley Park, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alderley Park, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

I had submitted my CV for a specific role, online application, then got an email (after 2 weeks) for an interview at Alderley Park. STAR interview questions. Was asked 4 behaviour - STAR questions. Great interview, great company's introduction at the beginning, really enjoyed the process.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!