AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Sandwich Placement Student Interview

Application form and assessment day(s).

Interview Questions
    • Practically construct a free-standing tower with marshmallows and spaghetti.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.

Global Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mölndal (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mölndal (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in December 2013.

First apply on the website and then I've been contacted a couple of weeks later. I had a first phone call to get a first contact then 2 online interviews with always 3 people from the leadership team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about ethics : "Have you ever experienced a situation where someone took a decision going against your principles and create an ethical risk? how did you react ? what did you do?"   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

They asked 4 questions and requested the answers be STAR format.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter, spoke with her for a few minutes and filled out the initial online application. About a week later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with someone from HR and then had to fill out the 2 personality profile surveys (about 200 questions each). After I passed that I had to complete an additional application. 2 weeks later I was contacted once again and have an interview scheduled with the Exec Director of Sales this Thursday so we will see what happens

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience you have doing a presentation (HR Interview)   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied for this position online. The company contacted me three days later via email to set up a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview consisted of general background questions (verifying information on resume) also I was asked to discuss a time that I had to give a presentation. Upon completion of the phone interview, I received an email with a link redirecting me to a behavioral exam. There were 2 behavioral tests, both approximately 200 questions (20 minutes allotted per test). After these online tests, I was emailed again requesting me to complete an online employment application form that would be forwarded to the hiring manager. I am waiting to hear back.
    The process has taken 20 days thus far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to give a presentation.
      What makes you a good fit for the position?
        Answer Question

Medical Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2013.

Hiring Manager contacted for phone interview, followed by on-site interview few weeks later. Smooth process and great people, but did not get offer (as expected) because the role called for more clinical background than basic science! Yet a rewarding experience and the plus side is I made lot of good connections.

Finance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview to get your basic information and weed people out. The follow up interview was a panel interview with 3 senior managers. Lasted an hour but was very thorough. Knowing the STAR format of interviewing is essential!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Make sure you have various examples ready to go in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result)   Answer Question