AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

3.1

Study Delivery Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied at end of January 2014, was called by HR after a week to schedule an interview two days later. Had a one-on-one interview with standard interview Qs (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses...), and some behavioural interview questions. Interviewer was very nice, approachable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a decision to call something even though you you were unsure of the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Questions

• All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Interview

Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone screen first interview to see if you fit qualifications, then face to face with District Sales Manager (Direct Manager), Brag Book & Past Experience in Disease State.

Interview Questions

• During your pharmaceutical medical sales career have you ever been asked to leave an office by the health care provider & why?   Answer Question
    • If a health care provider asked you to speak with a counterpart about how they have acted in his/her office, how would you handle that situation if meant that the counterpart woudl or would not be allowed back into that office?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

very professional and a quick process

Interview Questions

requirements and salary were not compatable

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Took over a month, advances to F2F. Invited for ride along, got a rejection email a month later

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you needed to do more then your fair share?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
    In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

another job offer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Interview

30 min phone interview asked about when the last time I spoke in a group setting and what the outcome was, the last time I had to overcome an objection and so on. Asked If I was hired if training in Delaware was a problem. Took Briggs Meyer type survey after interview.