AstraZeneca

Updated 8 Feb 2015
Updated 8 Feb 2015

3.1

Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen first interview to see if you fit qualifications, then face to face with District Sales Manager (Direct Manager), Brag Book & Past Experience in Disease State.

Interview Questions
    • During your pharmaceutical medical sales career have you ever been asked to leave an office by the health care provider & why?   Answer Question
    • If a health care provider asked you to speak with a counterpart about how they have acted in his/her office, how would you handle that situation if meant that the counterpart woudl or would not be allowed back into that office?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

very professional and a quick process

Interview Questions

requirements and salary were not compatable

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Took over a month, advances to F2F. Invited for ride along, got a rejection email a month later

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a situation where you needed to do more then your fair share?   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
    In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

another job offer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

30 min phone interview asked about when the last time I spoke in a group setting and what the outcome was, the last time I had to overcome an objection and so on. Asked If I was hired if training in Delaware was a problem. Took Briggs Meyer type survey after interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Successful phone screen. Passed the Hogan Assessment. Now onto the F2F next week. So far all has been very organized professional process.

Interview Questions
    • Have only done personality assessment perhaps twice in my working career. Never upon applying for position.   View Answer

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Very long and detailed process. Phone screen followed by an online assessment. You must pass this personality assessment to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how was that resolved?   Answer Question

Communications Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

very scripted interview, with selected behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • what was a situation where you did not have an expected outcome and how did you overcome disappointment   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Hiring process seems to take a very long time with complex, interactions between HR which is basically outsourced and the "hiring manager". I am not sure AZ is really hiring employees these days. Seems to contract with Kelly, Yo, etc. Management teams are in flux many are leaving the organization in the near future. Strange hiring environment.

Interview Questions
    • AstraZeneca lives by the STAR interview format. Managers seem to think there is "correct" answer to a given question. Suggest that you prepare in advance and provide answers according without saying too much.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interviewed first with someone over the phone , passed that interview ..Took an online assessment which I passed, then interviewed face to face two weeks later with hiring managers.