AstraZeneca Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
182 interviews

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brownsville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Sandwich Placement Student Interview

Application form and assessment day(s).

Interview Questions
    • Practically construct a free-standing tower with marshmallows and spaghetti.   Answer Question

SFE Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2010.

Was promoted from SFE Analyst after 2 years of working in the company. Hiring process is in 4 steps and is standard. Company gives preference to internal candidates. Before 2012 promotion within the company was highly possible. The hiring process from outside has a step of checking applicant's background through the contacts within the industry

Interview Questions
    • At interview for MedRep they may ask to sell an object from interviewers table.   View Answer
    Quick hiring process. Average to high salaries, which makes it easier to negotiate :)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2013.

Applied online to two of the same position in different locations. Sent a rejection email for position 1 and less than five minutes later was sent an interview request for position 2; same resume and everything was submitted for both openings. AZ gave a whopping 24 hours heads-up for completing the phone interview, which I found highly unprofessional and rigid.

Recruiter from The Right Stuff conducted the interview - very nice guy, we hit it off. He asked basic questions about my resume, why I wanted the job, and what skills I have for it. When chatting at the end of the interview, he critiqued my answers and told me what to emphasize in the next round with the hiring manager. Seemed like a good sign.

Then came the online personality assessment. It's very close to the typical Myers-Briggs assessment, and I knew this going into it. I also knew that I always land solidly in the ENTJ type and didn't anticipate this being a negative at all for an outside sales role. I was wrong. A few weeks later I learned I didn't pass the assessment (but I did pass it for Lilly, go figure) and was not continuing in the process. I'm told the system "clears" after a while and new applications you submit will go through, but I have no idea what the timeline of this is.

My advice: If you make it to the assessment stage - most people don't since only 6% of submitted resumes make it through initial screening - and are ENTJ, try to cover this up on the test. You are not what AZ wants. They're a European company and are probably looking for more passive traits than those an ENTJ typically has. Whether you want to work in a sales environment that doesn't value an assertive, goal-oriented, and outgoing personality type - all rather important things in being an effective salesperson - is another story.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing especially difficult. Be prepared to produce a specific example of when you've given a presentation and what the result was in STAR format.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

They asked 4 questions and requested the answers be STAR format.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter, spoke with her for a few minutes and filled out the initial online application. About a week later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with someone from HR and then had to fill out the 2 personality profile surveys (about 200 questions each). After I passed that I had to complete an additional application. 2 weeks later I was contacted once again and have an interview scheduled with the Exec Director of Sales this Thursday so we will see what happens

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience you have doing a presentation (HR Interview)   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2009.

Group interviews following the STAR methodology.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation was available other than some consideration for relocation.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied for this position online. The company contacted me three days later via email to set up a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview consisted of general background questions (verifying information on resume) also I was asked to discuss a time that I had to give a presentation. Upon completion of the phone interview, I received an email with a link redirecting me to a behavioral exam. There were 2 behavioral tests, both approximately 200 questions (20 minutes allotted per test). After these online tests, I was emailed again requesting me to complete an online employment application form that would be forwarded to the hiring manager. I am waiting to hear back.
    The process has taken 20 days thus far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to give a presentation.
      What makes you a good fit for the position?
        Answer Question