AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter, spoke with her for a few minutes and filled out the initial online application. About a week later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with someone from HR and then had to fill out the 2 personality profile surveys (about 200 questions each). After I passed that I had to complete an additional application. 2 weeks later I was contacted once again and have an interview scheduled with the Exec Director of Sales this Thursday so we will see what happens

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience you have doing a presentation (HR Interview)   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied for this position online. The company contacted me three days later via email to set up a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview consisted of general background questions (verifying information on resume) also I was asked to discuss a time that I had to give a presentation. Upon completion of the phone interview, I received an email with a link redirecting me to a behavioral exam. There were 2 behavioral tests, both approximately 200 questions (20 minutes allotted per test). After these online tests, I was emailed again requesting me to complete an online employment application form that would be forwarded to the hiring manager. I am waiting to hear back.
    The process has taken 20 days thus far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to give a presentation.
      What makes you a good fit for the position?
        Answer Question

Medical Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2013.

Hiring Manager contacted for phone interview, followed by on-site interview few weeks later. Smooth process and great people, but did not get offer (as expected) because the role called for more clinical background than basic science! Yet a rewarding experience and the plus side is I made lot of good connections.

Finance Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview to get your basic information and weed people out. The follow up interview was a panel interview with 3 senior managers. Lasted an hour but was very thorough. Knowing the STAR format of interviewing is essential!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Make sure you have various examples ready to go in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result)   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beirut (Lebanon)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

3 interviews, sales manager, country manager, area manager
    presentation on the selected line
    test in selling skills
    personality tests

Interview Questions
    • a lot of business cases and fictive scenarios to analyze the decision making logic.   Answer Question
    it was solid predetermined salary package.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where your ethics were challenged   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview. It was conducted by a third party recruiter. She asked basic questions pertaining to work history and education history. She also asked about your driving history because a clean driving record is very important to obtaining the job. Also, questions about presentation skills were asked. Details about the job were also given about training, etc.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2013.

Applied online to two of the same position in different locations. Sent a rejection email for position 1 and less than five minutes later was sent an interview request for position 2; same resume and everything was submitted for both openings. AZ gave a whopping 24 hours heads-up for completing the phone interview, which I found highly unprofessional and rigid.

Recruiter from The Right Stuff conducted the interview - very nice guy, we hit it off. He asked basic questions about my resume, why I wanted the job, and what skills I have for it. When chatting at the end of the interview, he critiqued my answers and told me what to emphasize in the next round with the hiring manager. Seemed like a good sign.

Then came the online personality assessment. It's very close to the typical Myers-Briggs assessment, and I knew this going into it. I also knew that I always land solidly in the ENTJ type and didn't anticipate this being a negative at all for an outside sales role. I was wrong. A few weeks later I learned I didn't pass the assessment (but I did pass it for Lilly, go figure) and was not continuing in the process. I'm told the system "clears" after a while and new applications you submit will go through, but I have no idea what the timeline of this is.

My advice: If you make it to the assessment stage - most people don't since only 6% of submitted resumes make it through initial screening - and are ENTJ, try to cover this up on the test. You are not what AZ wants. They're a European company and are probably looking for more passive traits than those an ENTJ typically has. Whether you want to work in a sales environment that doesn't value an assertive, goal-oriented, and outgoing personality type - all rather important things in being an effective salesperson - is another story.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing especially difficult. Be prepared to produce a specific example of when you've given a presentation and what the result was in STAR format.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

1 interview with manager, 1 field ride with team member, 1 interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult... understand the company and industry and you'll be fine   Answer Question

Director Interview

Prepare to answer in "STAR" format when explaining your prior experience:
    Situation: What was a Situation that once happened to you?
    Task: What task did you have to do?
    Action: What action did you take?
    Result: What was the result?