AutoZone

Updated 10 Nov 2014
Updated 10 Nov 2014

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Why do you want to work for autozone? What is included in a tune up? Do you know how to do an oil change? Those were the typical questions I remember them asking me. You don't have to know anything and it will be apparent if you lie to them. Just be honest to them if you don't know anything.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you for the position?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AutoZone.

Was a psm and position opened for an asm. One on one interview with dm. Pretty relaxed and direct with what he was looking for. Just be honest on what you want out of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are our 6 focuses on each the daily sales & pnl. Your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    Had to negotiate and stood ground to what I wanted and ended up getting it.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone.

Very technical. Be sure to talk sports. Many interviews including panel and one on one. very picky.
    Technical skills important regardless of role - they are overly emphasized.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the University of Alabama? Not sure how it relates to anything but very important within the department. Trick question.   View Answer

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, CA (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at AutoZone in September 2014.

Was called to attend an interview for a Saturday morning. When I received the call, woman on phone said if I was still interested, and if I wanted to come in for an interview, she instructed me to come in anytime after 9am. I was not given a store address or a specific time, so I ended up having to call a couple Spring Valley locations in San Diego to find out the location. I called ahead of time to see if 11am was an ok time. Manager on the phone confirmed that this was ok. When I arrived, there was another woman ahead of me which was ok, as I did not mind waiting. I was told to wait patiently and the manager would be with me in a brief moment. I waited for about and hour before leaving without the interview. Very unprofessional, bad experience. Not worth it.

Parts Sales Representative - Customer Satisfaction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AutoZone in September 2014.

I interviewed back in September 2014. we are now is November And I am still going through the hiring process. I interviewed twice. one with a general store manager and another interview with the manager who wants me to work at his store. a lot of text book based questions. how well you deal with others, how you manage priorities, your work ethics.

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation. I got what I asked for I think because they want me to do a little more than just work the counter.

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at AutoZone.

Speak with a mgr that mostly spoke about her personal life. But when she ask question I answer all question really good without any problem. The drug screen was great and we also had to take one class before we could start working.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions
    • None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question
    Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in August 2014.

I had to go through two Interviews in which the first one was the actual hiring one seeing if you are competent enough to fill the position and the second was just for the district manager to meet you and verify what the hiring manager saw in your potential as a perspective candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I had to compare two similar products and explain the differences between the two as to which one I should sell a customer to ensure the customer had the correct product and not just sell a product for the customer to pay for the more expensive but not necessary price. In other words if the customer would be fine with the lower priced product then that would be the one I offer to him.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

No negotiation.