AutoZone

Updated 29 Jan 2015
Updated 29 Jan 2015

2.3

Part and Sales Representative Interview

It was in the back while sitting on a bucket in a crowded corner way too close to the young manager who kept flirting way too much. It happened the same moment after I asked to see the manager.

Cashier Interview

Very quick had to take a test about knowledge on cars, i know i don't do good on the test but still got the job i guess they really needed someone so basically i got went in to a backroom took the test then the manager asked me a few questions

Parts Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AutoZone.

took a day and was at work within a week, went for the interview and had a 1 on 1 with the store manager. asked about both parts and automotive knowledge and management experience, if you are applying for management.

Interview Questions
    • have to have parts knowledge and automotive knowledge as you have to give advice   Answer Question
    was able to negotiate wage

Auto Parts Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2015.

I applied on line. I was scheduled to meet with a Store Manager and District Manager twice. Each time, the interview was cancelled and I was given 4-6 hours notice. Finally met with both Store Manager (looked like in his twenties) and District Manager (looked like he was 50 to 65). Based on the Store Manager's questions, this was his first interview, and he asked me my age (an illegal question). I declined to answer. Other questions asked were, "Tell me about your knowledge of cars." I replied that I was a SCCA mechanic for over 10 years, I have 2 cars all with 200,000+ miles and 1 car with 190, 000 miles. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, the cars are in great shape. At the close of the interview I was told the salary would be $10.00 per hour. At the end of the interview, I was directed to website. I went to the website, answered several questions; the web site appeared to be broken, because it would not save my answers. Following day re-answered the questions. I was offered the job at a reduced rate of $9.25/hour. When I inquired about the $10.00/hour mentioned in the interview, the Store Manager said, "This is the best rate I can offer." On Saturday 1/17/2015, the store manager asked me to meet him at 2:00 PM to complete the I-9 form, W-4 form. I arrived at the store at 1:55 PM (early) and met the Assistant Store Manager who informed me the Store Manager just left; and the Assistant Store Manager couldn't access the computer to print the I-9 form and other forms (i.e. this was a waste of my time). On Monday afternoon, the Store Manager never called to apologize. I called the District Manager and explained what happened on Saturday (The Store Manager was a no show for a scheduled meeting). The District Manager said, "I don't care. It's not my problem. Go talk with the Store Manager."

Interview Questions
    • Store Manager asked me, "How old are you?"   View Answer

The Store Manager didn't show for a scheduled meeting on Saturday.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone.

I interviewed with Brent R. He was professional and friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. We talked about knowledge for the specific job. We talked about my previous work history and experience. He asked me to relate my experience to how I would fit in at AutoZone. He asked about criminal history and driving records and we discussed using appropriate safety measures and equipment. We also talked about future opportunity within the corporation and the ability to transfer to other geographical areas. The only thing I left not knowing about was the pay scale. We will see if and when I am contacted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in a hectic situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Why do you want to work for autozone? What is included in a tune up? Do you know how to do an oil change? Those were the typical questions I remember them asking me. You don't have to know anything and it will be apparent if you lie to them. Just be honest to them if you don't know anything.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you for the position?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AutoZone.

Was a psm and position opened for an asm. One on one interview with dm. Pretty relaxed and direct with what he was looking for. Just be honest on what you want out of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are our 6 focuses on each the daily sales & pnl. Your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    Had to negotiate and stood ground to what I wanted and ended up getting it.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AutoZone.

Very technical. Be sure to talk sports. Many interviews including panel and one on one. very picky.
    Technical skills important regardless of role - they are overly emphasized.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the University of Alabama? Not sure how it relates to anything but very important within the department. Trick question.   View Answer

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, CA (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at AutoZone in September 2014.

Was called to attend an interview for a Saturday morning. When I received the call, woman on phone said if I was still interested, and if I wanted to come in for an interview, she instructed me to come in anytime after 9am. I was not given a store address or a specific time, so I ended up having to call a couple Spring Valley locations in San Diego to find out the location. I called ahead of time to see if 11am was an ok time. Manager on the phone confirmed that this was ok. When I arrived, there was another woman ahead of me which was ok, as I did not mind waiting. I was told to wait patiently and the manager would be with me in a brief moment. I waited for about and hour before leaving without the interview. Very unprofessional, bad experience. Not worth it.

Parts Sales Representative - Customer Satisfaction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AutoZone in September 2014.

I interviewed back in September 2014. we are now is November And I am still going through the hiring process. I interviewed twice. one with a general store manager and another interview with the manager who wants me to work at his store. a lot of text book based questions. how well you deal with others, how you manage priorities, your work ethics.

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation. I got what I asked for I think because they want me to do a little more than just work the counter.