AutoZone

Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Questions
  • had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question
$12.50

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2014.

Took well over 2 hours, and multiple times on computer to complete mandatory surveys. Survey MUST be done in NON peak Internet hours - typically afternoons, early morning or middle of night ..Took over a week to get background check - never got copy of background check.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working in a racially mixed area with a black female manager, that is not from local area ?   View Answer
    • 20 question test on repairing cars and auto parts   View Answer
    • Would you mind driving a company car with no corporate auto insurance on it? Insurance card provided has no phone number, no company name, and has the corporate 800 number listed.   View Answers (3)
    I made offer based on salary listed on this web site. Was hired at $1.00 per hour less than average offer. Started on Thursday (middle of week).

Parts Sales Manager Interview

The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in November 2013.

They ask about your general car knowledge. Attention to detail is also critical due to the scenarios they enact and want you to provide a viable answer to. The initial call for the interview can take up to a month, and the actual hire date can come as soon as a few days to two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They don't really ask unexpected questions... It's more so about the knowledge. You must have a somewhat grip on car parts, or at least the basics, and know how they work. The rest of the knowledge is picked up through ongoing training.   Answer Question
    Not a single piece of negotiation can happen

Parts Sales Manager Interview

You have t fill out application on line..I got a phone call in a week asking if i was interested still. Went in for first interview. and a week later a second one with the dm

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected questions they asked about your knowledge of cars and how things work on them and retail exp.   Answer Question

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shallotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shallotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

It is a very long process to get hired, it took a total of 3 weeks to a month before you get hired. The interview was very professional and well conducted. They make you feel very comfortable and ask you if you would like anything.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about cars to see what your knowledge is, the most unexpected question was about the braking system of a vehicle.   Answer Question
    I made an initial offer and they came back and we met in the middle, that was very easy and smooth.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

checked resume,asked industry related questions. asked role questions and scenario and result type .inquiries. discussed past jobs and related work ethics. discussed management style and practices. Talked about how my past job would help me to be sucessful in this position.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AutoZone in July 2011.

Interview was straight forward with basic questions about education, automotive experience and driving/work history. The overall interview was simple and quick. Don't overthink it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it. $9.50/hour.

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ephraim, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ephraim, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in April 2011.

They tell you that their going to train you. Nope they let you sit at a computer for a day and endure indoctrination... Then they throw you at the counter and say here you go don't screw up!

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. They don't negotiate with their slaves.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AutoZone in March 2011.

Process consisted of an 1:1 interview with the store manager. Interview questions based on handling pressure, meeting sales quotas, difficulties with customers/employees followed by automotive parts knowledge(for example, suspension parts)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time in which you had a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a fellow employee?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate based on sales/customer service experience/automotive knowledge.