BB&T

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.7

LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T in February 2015.

Applied online and received a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with a BB&T employee who had gone through the LDP a few years ago. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty straightforward and behavioral.

I am still waiting to hear if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • How have you been successful in influencing others?
      Why do you want to work in financial services?
      What qualities are important to you in a leader and give an example of when you have displayed these qualities.

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in February 2015.

After applying to the position I received an email asking me to take a practice teller test which was a simulation where I had to decided how to respond to clients. A week later I received a call asking for an interview where I was asked basic questions with the manager and head teller. Afterwords they told me they would call within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you bring?   View Answer

Teller/Head Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

Initial communication was quick. They set me up for an interview right away. Two people, a manager and Human resource person met with me. Interview went great. I thought the job was to be for me.

Market Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

got contacted by a recruiter, did phone interview, came in for face to face interview, then at second interview I was offered the job. got urine test at Labcorp immediately following the interview. also had to submit to fingerprints for FBI investigation. had to get SAFE registered since all ML's are also Lenders.

Interview Questions
    • the person who interviewed me talked about values, vision, culture--it was a huge education about the company. the interviewer was the Regional Executive and was very professional, but made me feel very comfortable and I opened up and shared my true experiences. He wanted to know about my experience with small business, lending, and Leadership. it's hard to fake it, and speak on experiences that you don't have. it will come through loud and clear because most of the Leaders and Employees at BB&T are Extremely focused on Small Business and Lending. You'll get trained in lending, but you should have a strong business acumen as it relates to Small Business products/services/business meetings   Answer Question
    I negotiated some terms of my offer, but the offer was more than fair. they pay commensurate with Experience.
    Note: BB&T no longer administers Drug test (when I was hired they did, however). There is a Background check (be honest).

Model Validation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

I was interviewed on the phone. All questions were about the research projects I did in grad school to see if my background fits the position. I was asked many very general questions, for example to explain the model that we used, what types of approximations that we made, and the regressions that we have done. .

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer went into the very details of the model.   Answer Question

Banking Branch Manager III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

The process took 2 weeks, applied online and got a phone call from the HR the very next day asking pretty much everything on my resume. A couple of days later got phone called again to set up a second interview with the hiring manager of the branch; the interview took about an hour and it went really smooth, very nice interviewer paying attention and writing notes all the time. I was told to wait for one last call next week to know whether I as hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one situation in your job when your integrity was involved.   Answer Question
    not really a negotiation, just asked me what my expectations were and a couple of days later the sent me the job offer with a fixed salary

BBIII Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

quick and easy. They were very kind and welcoming. The hiring manager was nice and ask a few questions to get to know who I was. Did not sound like a question to question interview, he deepened the conversation from what I was saying. It was just a great conversation

Image Keying Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

I was contacted for a short phone interview by the department supervisor and then scheduled for a face to face interview. I was informed three times during the interview that the supervisor was very concerned that I would be bored in that position (i.e. you are over qualified). I was told that regardless of whether I was hired or not I would receive a call in 2-4 weeks informing me of my hire/non-hire status. That was in November. I'm still waiting for that call.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, they need to work on the questions they ask people. These were very basic and lame. Be original!   Answer Question

Branch Banker Interview

Started with a basic phone interview to gauge interest and inquire about work history. About two weeks later I met with the hiring manager for a face to face interview. It was a fairly relaxed interview mostly oriented toward whether or not I would be comfortable in a sales and service role. There were no "gotcha" questions or anything like that. However, I'm sure it's different from manager to manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you experienced a difficult customer, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Private Financial Advisor Interview

In face interview with 3 associate members. Behavioral questions. Advisors talked about their personal experiences within the field and then spoke of the challenges of being younger and advancing within the company. You will have to start off in a very small role and work your way up from there.

No negotiation.