BB&T

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at BB&T

Interview Details Applied online, was contacted next day by HR rep and was basically an informal phone screening. Was contacted day after that for an in person interview later that week. Basic interview questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary. HR rep was very helpful. Was contacted a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – describe a time when you handled an irate customer   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in April 2011.

Interview Details Submitted application online and got a call from hiring manager about 2 weeks later. Set up an interview for the next day at branch. Was called back one week later and told they wanted to do an additional interview but it was really an offer for the job.

Interview Question – Describing specific work experiences in the past, role playing.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, called to check on application status, recruiter asked me like 3 questions about why I was a good candidate, then I had the interview with the manager & she asked if I knew anything about the company, what I was looking for, & about past positions I held.

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details The interview process was easy. I went through two different panel interviews. The majority of the interview were behavioral questions. I submitted my application online and heard a response about two weeks later to attend my first round of interviews.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question what would you do during your downtime at work?   Answer Question

College Park, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview Details Online Assessment test, Phone interview, Panel Interview.

Interview Question – What's the Difference between a team and a group? Also, I was told to sell a pen.   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details After my application I recieved an email asking me to take a teller test. I took it and got a call later that day setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview was completed I got a call from a local branch manager, went to that interview and got a call later that day for a second interview, I went in and was offered the job!

Interview Question – They asked about scenarios, my experience, certain policies. They ask about difficult situations at previous jobs, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, the offer was 2x what I made at my last job.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details Interview process was easy. Started with a phone interview followed by interviews with branch manager and regional manager. Questions were typical, no assessments to actually take. Interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. Drug test, fingerprint test, and background test required.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, very typical questioning.   Answer Question

Fayetteville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in March 2011.

Interview Details Applied on line after what seemed to be the 1000th time with just basic customer service experience, got called for interview, called next day for offer, and started one week later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions everything is in Star format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate based on my CS experience I was offered more than some tellers that were already working there.

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at BB&T in May 2012.

Interview Details I filled out an online application and took an online skills test. This test was a sort of role-playing game where I read about products and services, then watched videos of fictional customers and selected the appropriate response/statement for their situations. Within a few days, someone contacted me to set up a time for a phone interview with them.

When the same person called me, a few days later, he was very aggressive and hostile. He thought it was ridiculous that I'd had to quit a couple of past jobs due to them not being willing to work around my class schedules at the time. He said that "this school thing" must not have been so good for me.

He also criticized me for applying for a part-time job after having completed a college degree, asking me why it made sense to apply for this. I tried to politely explain that, on the website, the position had been described as "part-time" with the potential to become full-time. He became irritated and told me that it was only a part-time position, that I should not ever plan on becoming a full-time employee. Again, I tried to reassure him that I did understand it was part-time, and I was not intending to try to change. I had simply meant to indicate that I was available for either sort of work. The online application *did* prompt me to indicate whether I was willing to work part-time, full-time, or either (I selected "either").

Next, he asked how often I had been sick at my previous job. I had the flu for a few days at this job, and it was an excused absence. His response was just a short "Hmm".

After that, he said I would receive another call for setting up an in-person interview, or an e-mail thanking me for my time. The whole conversation lasted about five minutes. I was never asked about my past job experiences or my skills and experiences with work situations. I have no idea why this man even called me. I definitely felt that an unfair negative judgement had been formed ahead of time.

Almost a month later, I received the "Thank you for your time, but unfortunately..." e-mail.

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in March 2012.

Interview Details I initally applied on line. I was called the next day by a phone interviewer who asked me many questions about previous job and school places. Then the day after that I was called for a group interview with the teller manager and the teller coordinator and another HR person. They asked more questions and the whole interview was about an hour. After 2.5 weeks of waiting I got a call back and was offered the job the same day he called! I then completed drug test/ fingerprinting/ background checking.

Interview Question – If you could describe yourself in one word.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T Teller interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees and interview candidates.