BDO USA

95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Experienced Senior Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at BDO USA in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process is very thorough, and there is a great need to "fit in" with the group that you are expected to join. You are interviewed by your future peers and senior management, as well as at least one partner. The interview process is used to get to know your background, personality, work ethic, and expectations.

Interview Question – What interest rate would you use to apply to a working capital adjustment when performing a CPM analysis.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Interview Details Recruit on campus or through networking. Interview is 4 30 minute interviews, with partners and managers. They take you to dinner after. Very approachable.

Interview Question – Technical scenario   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details Had a first round interview on campus. It was pretty standard, behavioral questions, why BDO, etc. Scheduled a second round in house interview a couple weeks later. Met with five partners for about 30 minutes each. Again, the questions were mainly behavioral. Went to dinner with a group of associates afterward.

Interview Question – Describe a recent time when you learned and/or quick something new up quickly   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was very straightforward with three interviews and a final offer.

Interview Question – One interviewer did not ask me any questions at all about myself. He simply said "what do you want to know about the firm?" and I had to come up with questions for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Pitt, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BDO USA in February 2012.

Interview Details I did not have an interview experience. I was hired from a firm they were working with.

Interview Question – What type of animal would you like to be and why?   View Answer

Audit Intern Interview

Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details I had an on-campus interview with a partner and it was overall very smooth and conversational. Within the same day, I got an offer for the office-visit interview. There were three interviewers and they were all nice and friendly, no unexpected questions. Everyone else in the office was all very welcoming and approachable, which made me feel relaxed before and in-between the interviews.

Interview Question – Not in particular. Just be ready to talk about yourself and be confident.   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details The first round interview was on campus. I interview with a partner at the firm. I was then invited to a second round interview in the office. The in office interview was with another partner, a senior associate and with a manager.

Interview Question – Why did you choose tax?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Question – Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details Everything you could expect from a public accounting interview. Interview with 3 managers/parters, office tour, and then a dinner with the office. Good interview process with a great firm!

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details Like other big accounting firms recruiting process. I had one on-campus interview and one in-house interview.
The on-campus interview was more focus on my past internship experience and educational background. Question: What the difference between your first and second internship? What's the major difference you have found between your last internship and at school? How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility?
The in-house interview started with the brief background of the company's culture and value. The recruiter explained the agenda of the day. I was interviewed by two interviewers, one is a director and the other is a manager. The key of this interview is show them yourself and be conformable. The first interviewer was very aggressive of asking me lots of questions. The second interviewer was lay back and asked me to ask he question first.

Interview Question – How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility? If the particular team members didn't have the ability, what will do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BDO USA

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BDO USA interview questions and advice. All 95 interview reviews are posted anonymously by BDO USA employees and interview candidates.