BHP Billiton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance

Interviewed at BHP Billiton

Interview Details there was nothing particular about the hiring process, it was what could be described as a regular process, position advertised, applied for, review of CV's, short listing, interviewing, consideration, offer, acceptance, set start date.

Interview Question – regular questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – set price

Graduate Metallurgist Interview

Graduate Metallurgist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in May 2014.

Interview Details Initial online applications, then online assessment (comprehension, numerical, logical), the online video interview (4 questions, 30 seconds to read the question, then 2 minutes to answer), the selection centre (in-person behavioural interview - starting off with basic "tell us about yourself" question, "what do you know about our company" question, then 3 or so behavioural questions on safety, teamwork, and adapting to a new workplace/style, and two different group discussions/presentations). Next will be site-based selection, possibly involving another interview, then reference checks and medicals.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you were given negative criticism. How did you react, and what did you do as a result? [something along those lines]   Answer Question

Engineering Vacation Student Interview

Engineering Vacation Student

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview Details Successful online application, followed by SHL testing.

Was then interviewed over the phone, questions revolved around what I knew about BHP, why I wanted to work there etc.

Proceeded to a face-to-face interview with an engineer and HR rep. It had a large focus on behavioural questions which were designed to be challenging and probing.

Interview Question – Have you ever acted unethically, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2012.

Interview Details Online application followed by SHL testing, phone interview (motivation questions) and finally onsite interview that focused on behavioural type questions. Nice office building located in downtown Perth, supportive colleagues and a very pleasant working environment. Work allocated, in my case, was pretty challenging and I had the pleasure of flying to site to see the actual mining process.

Interview Question – No technical questions asked, all were situational e.g. tell me a time where...   Answer Question

HSE Supervisor Interview

HSE Supervisor
Perth, Western Australia

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2012.

Interview Details Top-grading followed by technical interview that delves into technical skills

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No issues

Reliability Engineer Mechanical Interview

Reliability Engineer Mechanical
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in March 2013.

Interview Details After completing the online applications I received a phone call to organise a time between an HR officer and the person to whom the role is subordinate to.

An email was sent with confirmation details as well as an email with details for online psychometric testing.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have demonstrated your personal commitment to safety...   View Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in March 2011.

Interview Details Apply in February, online psychometric testing in march, assessment centre with group of ~30 people in April. Offers given in May but contract did not arrive until late July. There was only one interview and it was with HR, which was a little disappointing.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself living in a remote community?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I chose not to negotiate because I am a graduate and was only given one offer

Sales Interview

Sales
Sydney

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BHP Billiton in February 2010.

Interview Details Positive all the way. They were lookin for sales personnel and I am one. They determind that by some simple qualifying questions, that I had no problem answering, and after relevent checks I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – Yes I was. They didn't baulk at my offer as they had already determined that I knew the sales process.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
North Mackay

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2009.

Interview Details I applied online for a summer holiday position via the internet. I received a phone call advising me of a time and date for a telephone interview. I had the interview and here are some of the questions they asked me. How would you contribute to the organisation? What was you favourate subject at Uni? Can you tell us what you know about BHP? Are you able to work oniste? Can you relocate if required?

Interview Question – What was your favourite subject at Uni   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview Details 2 interviews . one by phone and the last one through video conference. However, this was before many of the changes in processes at the company. Then i had to go through a personality test where you draw cards and you have to put them in different stacks. This is is to understand how you think.

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!