BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

2.9

Engineering Vacation Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia).

Interview

Basic interview, asked 4 questions that were wanting you to give a scenario where you demonstrated a particular value.
    This interview was easy to prepare for using glass door as a reference yo can get a good idea of what the questions will be like.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you turned a negative into a positive   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

Phone screening, 2 to one with Senior manager and Vice President of department. Asked for background, experience, gave details of role, standard questions "give us an example of..." "Tell us a situation where". Asked about knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know the businesses in the company, as it is a huge company recommend doing research on all of the arms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and got what i wanted after standing my ground on Salary.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BHP Billiton in October 2014.

Interview

Responded to Online advert, then phone interview.
    Interview structure is based around core values. "One of our values is 'xyz', give an example of when you have demonstrated this behaviour." Went through all of the values then asked a technical question. "Lets say you saw your plant behaving like 'abc', what would you look at and how would you respond?"

Interview Questions

• The questions about the values. Luckily I had prepared but it would be challenging if you hadn't   Answer Question

Term was too short.

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BHP Billiton (Wollongong).

Interview

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company long term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted the job on their base offer.

Senior Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

Interview about code of conduct and behavioural based questions, give examples in the star basis, situation, task, action, result. Process takes around an hour, research the BHP code of conduct and you will find it easy.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Interview

there was nothing particular about the hiring process, it was what could be described as a regular process, position advertised, applied for, review of CV's, short listing, interviewing, consideration, offer, acceptance, set start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set price

Graduate Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton in May 2014.

Interview

Initial online applications, then online assessment (comprehension, numerical, logical), the online video interview (4 questions, 30 seconds to read the question, then 2 minutes to answer), the selection centre (in-person behavioural interview - starting off with basic "tell us about yourself" question, "what do you know about our company" question, then 3 or so behavioural questions on safety, teamwork, and adapting to a new workplace/style, and two different group discussions/presentations). Next will be site-based selection, possibly involving another interview, then reference checks and medicals.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were given negative criticism. How did you react, and what did you do as a result? [something along those lines]   Answer Question

Engineering Vacation Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

Successful online application, followed by SHL testing.

Was then interviewed over the phone, questions revolved around what I knew about BHP, why I wanted to work there etc.

Proceeded to a face-to-face interview with an engineer and HR rep. It had a large focus on behavioural questions which were designed to be challenging and probing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Reliability Engineer Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia) in March 2013.

Interview

After completing the online applications I received a phone call to organise a time between an HR officer and the person to whom the role is subordinate to.

An email was sent with confirmation details as well as an email with details for online psychometric testing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have demonstrated your personal commitment to safety...   1 Answer

HSE Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton (Perth, Western Australia) in November 2012.

Interview

Top-grading followed by technical interview that delves into technical skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No issues