BJ's Restaurants

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews. Normally you interview with the GM last but when i showed up after being scheduled an interview he was the only manager there ..,,after interviewing with him i interviewed with 2 other managers. Questions were standard. Tell me about yourself and why i want to work at BJs... Communication was bad after my last interview but eventually got told i got the job and went to orientation

Just look sharp, smile a lot and be cool/relaxed

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No neg

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview Details Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Question – I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Service Assistant

Interviewed at BJ's Restaurants

Interview Details Three interviews, basic questions. Asked about past work experience. Asked about weaknesses and strengths. Took about two weeks to hire. Pay was nonnegotiable. I had to go in in-person for them to even look at my resume. If you look sharp you will mostly likely get the job.

Interview Question – What would your past manger say about you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

Interview Details They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Interview Question – Past work experience   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Host Interview

Host
Orange, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

Interview Details Was a surprisingly quick interview process. After submitting an application online, I asked to speak with the manager in the store, he was willing to interview me right then and there. He asked me to come back the next day for a second interview and after that one they offered me the job. Very relaxed interviews overall. They seemed to just want to get a general sense of my personality, work ethic, leadership ability, and interest in BJ's specifically. Come prepared with some basic information about BJ's culture and values. They seemed to like that I knew BJ's goal as a restaurant and was able to communicate that.

Interview Question – Questions ranged anywhere from "Why apply for BJ's over other restaurants?" to "If you were going to the movies with your friends and you really wanted to see a particular movie, how likely is it you would all end up seeing that movie?" Be ready to talk about BJ's and talk about how your personality plays out in life.   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Interview Question – What is hospitality to you ?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

Interview Details I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Food Server, Food Runner Interview

Food Server, Food Runner
Daytona Beach, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in January 2014.

Interview Details Great experience,you think its going to be an organized business at first but its not.You can tell the managers are meglomaniacs and have sex with the employees. Its an OK in between jobs place to work,but dont plan on making a living and paying your rent on time if your a full time foodrunner/server.
This appears to be a great place but is ran horribly and food runners who close take all the tips home and skim money.

Interview Question – Nothing,as long as you have experience the hiring process is easy and they are so unfair that they are always hiring.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Min wage for food running shifts and $4.91 per hour plus tips for servers

Lubbock, TX (US)

I applied online and interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!