BKD Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BKD.

Interview

First there was an on campus interview. Then there was an on site interview. We were told if we has an offer that day which was awesome. The interview started Thursday afternoon and ended Friday evening. We had dinner at a partners house, lunch with a group of employees. The process was well organized and impressive

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BKD.

Interview

On campus Interview- BE YOURSELF/current project leader or no/ ASK QUESTIONS "The Right Questions". Did you get along with employer. what did you most hate about last job .Second Round- Know who they want at this point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE- for entry level

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD.

Interview

I began the process by submitting for an interview to do their summer leadership conference, which is the only way to get an internship with BKD. The interview itself was very relaxed and mostly a getting to know me session. Just asked about the things I had on my resume. After receiving an offer for the leadership conference just had to make sure I talked to a lot of people and got along with others. Offered the internship afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Not asked very difficult questions. Just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in October 2014.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview. Informal interview that consisted of your typical questions regarding your previous experiences and leadership qualities. Go in relaxed since chances are the BKD employee you are talking to is very friendly and wants you to not be nervous as well. Next step was an office visit where you interview with 2 partners or directors, and also go through some presentations telling you more about BKD. My offer came the day after my visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brought up any questions or concerns that I had. Personally asked about PTO since I have a wedding coming up, and they were very much willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to ask the hard questions if you have any. If you were offered, they like you and want you to work with them. They will be willing to negotiate.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after a meeting with recruiters at an accounting career fair. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed up by a three hour blitz at the office. I had breakfast, chatted casually, and then proceeded to have two one-on-one interviews with two senior associates, both 30 minutes. All in all, I thought their hiring process was very generous in terms of the time they devoted to the applicants and very informative. I walked away with a great impression of the firm, the office atmosphere, and the congeniality of everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected: proudest moment, favorite accounting class, what my boss would say about me. Nothing that really surprised me.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO (US)).

Interview

Extremely professional and succinct recruiting process. The people are so nice and all employment questions were answered without hesitation. They are proud of their brand and the people they hire. A good fit seems very important. If you find the company is not for you, they claim to have helped their employees find another job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into public accounting?   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BKD.

Interview

Phone interviews and then an office visit. The phone interviews were a get to know you kind of thing while the office visit consisted of meeting with a handful of partners and then going out to lunch with a couple of associates.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BKD (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a very informal on campus interview. The recruiter was very laid back. I broke my leg and had to get surgery the day of the 'recruitment event' and asked to reschedule. They said they would and I never heard back.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD in September 2014.

Interview

First step was an on campus interview with a partner at the firm. The guy was very cool and down to earth so it wasn't very stressful. We just talked for a little bit and he asked if I knew anything about the firm so do a little research on that.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was a typical interview. Interview was obtained through college recruiter. Interview was in-office with multiple partner-managers and also tour of the office was given. Interview lasted for 3-6 hours. Lunch was provided at the interview. Initial interview was with campus recruiter during career recruiting time at college campus.