BKD Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
31 interviews

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

Interview was a typical interview. Interview was obtained through college recruiter. Interview was in-office with multiple partner-managers and also tour of the office was given. Interview lasted for 3-6 hours. Lunch was provided at the interview. Initial interview was with campus recruiter during career recruiting time at college campus.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in April 2014.

Interview process took about 2 weeks. Had a phone interview and an in person interview with 3 senior/managing consultants. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Began with a group presentation followed by one-on-one interviews. There were three of us interviewing for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral interview questions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BKD.

Several mixers, first round interview on campus (very conversational and get-to-know-you), office interview (put you in a hotel, wine and dine). Toured the office, mixed with staff, and interviewed with a partner and senior manager. Very conversational, no tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer about your goals and aspirations (both in public accounting and work life)   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry-level job

Loan Review Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BKD.

Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Questions
    • They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD.

Campus Interview- very short, informal.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me a lot of behavioral questions, just about school and whether I was interested in audit or tax.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Was invited into an office interview, in which 46 other candidates were brought in. Each of us had interviews with 3 people, at the senior/manager or director level. Associates took us to lunch. Afterwards, they gave a presentation explaining their benefits package and their future, and that was all.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were generally conversational, and did not really contain any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BKD in May 2012.

Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer that day

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrillville, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

Average interview process

Non-negociable

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

On campus interview followed by overnight office visit. I believe they stopped providing dinner and lodging to candidates during my time there to save money. Standard office interview except for an odd personality test, followed by lunch, then a manila envelope from a partner with the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Just general small-talk. For the most part they know who they want by this point.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in March 2013.

Attended a pre-night interview on campus where presentation was given by two members of the loan review group. Had a face-to-face 30 minute interview the following morning. Typical behavioral interview and was asked questions about how I felt about the traveling aspect of the job. Asked to attend final round interview in Indianapolis a week or so later. It was about a 3 hour long process during which I interviewed with 3 separate members of the loan review department. All of my interviewers were younger men (mid to late twenties) and were extremely laid back. Talk a lot about sports and made a few jokes. Then all potential candidates were taken out to lunch in the city with the CEO and other members of the firm.

Interview Questions
    • What type of role do you typically try to take in a team environment and how do you work with other people?   Answer Question

Worked for BKD? Contribute to the Community!