BKD Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014
Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.7

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BKD.

On campus Interview- BE YOURSELF/current project leader or no/ ASK QUESTIONS "The Right Questions". Did you get along with employer. what did you most hate about last job .Second Round- Know who they want at this point.

NONE- for entry level

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD.

I began the process by submitting for an interview to do their summer leadership conference, which is the only way to get an internship with BKD. The interview itself was very relaxed and mostly a getting to know me session. Just asked about the things I had on my resume. After receiving an offer for the leadership conference just had to make sure I talked to a lot of people and got along with others. Offered the internship afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Not asked very difficult questions. Just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BKD.

Extremely professional and succinct recruiting process. The people are so nice and all employment questions were answered without hesitation. They are proud of their brand and the people they hire. A good fit seems very important. If you find the company is not for you, they claim to have helped their employees find another job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into public accounting?   View Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in October 2014.

Started with an on-campus interview. Informal interview that consisted of your typical questions regarding your previous experiences and leadership qualities. Go in relaxed since chances are the BKD employee you are talking to is very friendly and wants you to not be nervous as well. Next step was an office visit where you interview with 2 partners or directors, and also go through some presentations telling you more about BKD. My offer came the day after my visit.

Interview Questions
    Brought up any questions or concerns that I had. Personally asked about PTO since I have a wedding coming up, and they were very much willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to ask the hard questions if you have any. If you were offered, they like you and want you to work with them. They will be willing to negotiate.

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BKD.

Phone interviews and then an office visit. The phone interviews were a get to know you kind of thing while the office visit consisted of meeting with a handful of partners and then going out to lunch with a couple of associates.

BKD Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD in September 2014.

First step was an on campus interview with a partner at the firm. The guy was very cool and down to earth so it wasn't very stressful. We just talked for a little bit and he asked if I knew anything about the firm so do a little research on that.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview was a typical interview. Interview was obtained through college recruiter. Interview was in-office with multiple partner-managers and also tour of the office was given. Interview lasted for 3-6 hours. Lunch was provided at the interview. Initial interview was with campus recruiter during career recruiting time at college campus.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD in April 2014.

Interview process took about 2 weeks. Had a phone interview and an in person interview with 3 senior/managing consultants. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Began with a group presentation followed by one-on-one interviews. There were three of us interviewing for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral interview questions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

Several mixers, first round interview on campus (very conversational and get-to-know-you), office interview (put you in a hotel, wine and dine). Toured the office, mixed with staff, and interviewed with a partner and senior manager. Very conversational, no tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer about your goals and aspirations (both in public accounting and work life)   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry-level job

Loan Review Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BKD.

Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Questions
    • They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question