BP Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.3

Process Engineer - Vacation Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Online application; cover letter, resume, academic transcript. Fairly typical sort of application. There were a few questions to answer within the application. You were also asked about the grades of subjects that would be relevant to the role. As long as you have decent grades, you would be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a technical task? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Other offers.

Development Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Initial phone call form HR to confirm my current situation and to discuss salary expectations. Interview over the phone with hiring manager and a per to verify technical competency.
    Site visit for a face to face interview and site reconnaissance

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Initial phone interview after application with questions regarding work history, skills and salary expectations. If successful interview is scheduled from there. Face to face interview with two senior staff for one hour with many situation based questions. Describe a time you had to influence a decision, faced a difficult decision, informed of bad news, improved a process etc.
    Interview was easy going and a good environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment you've had to deal with workplace conflict. How did you deal with it? what difficulties did you face? what was the feedback? what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Cold-called and was invited to interview the next day. Overall, it was a very casual and quick process. Seeing as it was my first proper job, I told them more about my interests and hobbies. Also, giving any examples in which you had demonstrated a good work ethic/shown responsibility would be in your best interest.

N/A

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BP in December 2012.

friendly contacts, informal panel interview, however one of the panel memebrs had to leave half way through the process

Asset Engiiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP in January 2012.

Phone interview first then followed by interview in head office and finally technical which i haven't done it yet

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in June 2011.

The phone interview was basically asked about behavioral question, tell me about a time when you showed your leadership skill?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to show your leadership skill?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you overcome stress and problem?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

I applied on campus, the interview was an hour and 15 minutes long, fairly simple. Mostly simple behavioral questions. Case questions at the end to see how you think. Again, fairly simple. Nothing too hard. They asked mostly team-based questions.
    EX. Tell me about a time where you had a teammate do X and you had to fix it

Interview Questions
    • Business Case- they try to get to see how you think about real world business problems.. At the pre-interview reception they said there was really no way to be prepared for it. Fairly simple.
      EX. Project X is not profitable, should we keep it?
        Answer Question

Finance Interview

Telephone interview asked for many examples of Capacity, Achievements and Relationships, using examples from your daily life. It was a bit awkward in my case as the conversation didn't feel like it flowed so there were some awkward silences and also my phone cut off near the beginning which put me off too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you successfully convinced someone of your point of view?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

I applied online, it took about a week for a response.
    I got called in for an interview where I was asked basic questions about my aspirations,
    experience, education. Pretty much a get-to-know-you informal interview. Managers were very friendly and helpful with any questions asked. It was pretty straightforward.
    Afterwards I was given a test paper which took me about 10 mins to complete, and I was told they'd get back to me after a few days.

I got the call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your aspirations?
      Where do you see yourself in the long term.
      What sort of experience have you got?
      How would people describe you?
        Answer Question
    Just filled in more paperwork. Just be honest, and friendly. It's what they'll expect you to show towards customers.