BP

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

3.3

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Assessment Centre was really unorganised, all commerce students were assessed under the same standard. And the technical questions were also marketing based which were a bit unfair to other candidates in different streams.

Process Engineer - Vacation Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Online application; cover letter, resume, academic transcript. Fairly typical sort of application. There were a few questions to answer within the application. You were also asked about the grades of subjects that would be relevant to the role. As long as you have decent grades, you would be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a technical task? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Other offers.

Development Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Initial phone call form HR to confirm my current situation and to discuss salary expectations. Interview over the phone with hiring manager and a per to verify technical competency.
    Site visit for a face to face interview and site reconnaissance

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane
    Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Initial phone interview after application with questions regarding work history, skills and salary expectations. If successful interview is scheduled from there. Face to face interview with two senior staff for one hour with many situation based questions. Describe a time you had to influence a decision, faced a difficult decision, informed of bad news, improved a process etc.
    Interview was easy going and a good environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment you've had to deal with workplace conflict. How did you deal with it? what difficulties did you face? what was the feedback? what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Cold-called and was invited to interview the next day. Overall, it was a very casual and quick process. Seeing as it was my first proper job, I told them more about my interests and hobbies. Also, giving any examples in which you had demonstrated a good work ethic/shown responsibility would be in your best interest.

N/A

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Docklands
    Anonymous Employee in Docklands

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BP in December 2012.

friendly contacts, informal panel interview, however one of the panel memebrs had to leave half way through the process

Asset Engiiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP in January 2012.

Phone interview first then followed by interview in head office and finally technical which i haven't done it yet

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in June 2011.

The phone interview was basically asked about behavioral question, tell me about a time when you showed your leadership skill?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to show your leadership skill?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you overcome stress and problem?   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

The interview process was a pleasant experience. First there was an elaborate application form, then a situational judgment test after which there were numerical and verbal ability tests. Next, I was invited to a telephone interview which was very friendly and constituted of the typical competency questions ('tell about a time you worked in a team' etc.). After the telephone interview, there was a technical interview on location. I was presented with two different cases and asked to think out-loud. One was more generally commercial and the other was HR-specific. Finally, there was a half-day assessment centre. This constituted of two group exercises and one individual case. The values of BP are very central to the entire process and they look for you to portray these in your answers.

Wells Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

Competency questions
    Psychometric Tests - Basic maths and verbal reasoning
    Telephone interview - About achievements, "tell us about a time..." and why you want to work for BP
    Technical interview - Very Physics based but also about why I would want to work for BP.
    Assessment centre - Did not get offered to attend