BP

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

3.2

Process Engineer - Vacation Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Online application; cover letter, resume, academic transcript. Fairly typical sort of application. There were a few questions to answer within the application. You were also asked about the grades of subjects that would be relevant to the role. As long as you have decent grades, you would be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a technical task? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Other offers.

Development Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Initial phone call form HR to confirm my current situation and to discuss salary expectations. Interview over the phone with hiring manager and a per to verify technical competency.
    Site visit for a face to face interview and site reconnaissance

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Initial phone interview after application with questions regarding work history, skills and salary expectations. If successful interview is scheduled from there. Face to face interview with two senior staff for one hour with many situation based questions. Describe a time you had to influence a decision, faced a difficult decision, informed of bad news, improved a process etc.
    Interview was easy going and a good environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment you've had to deal with workplace conflict. How did you deal with it? what difficulties did you face? what was the feedback? what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Cold-called and was invited to interview the next day. Overall, it was a very casual and quick process. Seeing as it was my first proper job, I told them more about my interests and hobbies. Also, giving any examples in which you had demonstrated a good work ethic/shown responsibility would be in your best interest.

N/A

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BP in December 2012.

friendly contacts, informal panel interview, however one of the panel memebrs had to leave half way through the process

Asset Engiiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP in January 2012.

Phone interview first then followed by interview in head office and finally technical which i haven't done it yet

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in June 2011.

The phone interview was basically asked about behavioral question, tell me about a time when you showed your leadership skill?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to show your leadership skill?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you overcome stress and problem?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

Uses behavioral interviewing questions and techniques. You'd better be prepared because the hiring decision is made based on the points you make whilst answering the questions. It's subjective - yes, but that's the process. Suggest you brush up on the typical behavioral type questions you'll find on the web or in one of the popular interviewing books.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a unpopular decision? What was the situation and what was the decision? How did you manage the team's reaction and convince them that it was the right thing to do?   View Answer
    Smooth and short

IST Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I applied through my campus career management center. I was chosen for an interview and then invited for dinner to talk to recruiters the day before the interview. There were two 45 minute parts to the interview. The first part of the interview just asked about my experiences (it was a lot of "tell me about a time" questions). The second part was the technical portion of the interview which was way easier than I expected. The process took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you needed to adapt to a new situation to be successful.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I spoke with a recruiter at a Science and Engineering Career Fair and was offered an interview on campus that week. The interview had behavioral and technical questions, and the panel consisted of an experienced engineering manager and a young engineer. I received the offer by phone a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical question required some fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics that was difficult to articulate well before at an early point in my major.   Answer Question