BP

352 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Development Process Engineer Interview

Development Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details Initial phone call form HR to confirm my current situation and to discuss salary expectations. Interview over the phone with hiring manager and a per to verify technical competency.
Site visit for a face to face interview and site reconnaissance

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Brisbane

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details Initial phone interview after application with questions regarding work history, skills and salary expectations. If successful interview is scheduled from there. Face to face interview with two senior staff for one hour with many situation based questions. Describe a time you had to influence a decision, faced a difficult decision, informed of bad news, improved a process etc.
Interview was easy going and a good environment.

Interview Question – Describe a moment you've had to deal with workplace conflict. How did you deal with it? what difficulties did you face? what was the feedback? what was the result?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details Cold-called and was invited to interview the next day. Overall, it was a very casual and quick process. Seeing as it was my first proper job, I told them more about my interests and hobbies. Also, giving any examples in which you had demonstrated a good work ethic/shown responsibility would be in your best interest.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Docklands

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BP in December 2012.

Interview Details friendly contacts, informal panel interview, however one of the panel memebrs had to leave half way through the process

Interview Question – how would you understand the business?   Answer Question

Asset Engiiner Interview

Asset Engiiner
Sydney

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BP in January 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview first then followed by interview in head office and finally technical which i haven't done it yet

Interview Question – Describe command respect in ur perfession.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Graduate Program
Melbourne

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in June 2011.

Interview Details The phone interview was basically asked about behavioral question, tell me about a time when you showed your leadership skill?

Interview Questions

Trader Interview

Trader

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview Details Two persons from BP asked questions. And one of them left early to catch the plane. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. First half of the interview is basic behavioral questions. Difficult to answer. Should prepare early. Second half of the interview is technical questions. Something related to the energy industry.

Interview Question – When some thing happens, which company should you invest?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details Best way to land a job in BP, as with other big oil companies is to complete an internship. Historically there's an over 50% chance that interns will be offered a full time job after completing a summer internship. The recruiting process typically comprises behavioral interviews/experience based interviews as well as technical interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you felt the most energized being an employee?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2012.

Interview Details This started with me applyting on line and getting a call back from teh recruiter.. then I was parts of a Panel Interview, then met with the hiring manager as a final.

Interview Question – What areas do I feel I hae an opportunity to work on.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They had asked what my expectations woudl be.

Commercial IST Interview

Commercial IST
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at BP in January 2014.

Interview Details Went through the standard initial screening of CV and questions. Got to the phone interview where it was a competency based interview. Standard questions for you to display your qualities and personality through examples. The next stage was a one on one technical interview in Canary Wharf where you would be given case studies in which you talk and reason your decisions to the accessor. The final stage is the assessment centre. There were about 11 of us half from the IST commercial stream, half from the IST analytics stream. The first segment was a group discussion about a case study and there would be a panel acessing the group dynamics and also the individual performance. The next segment was a one on one business case presentation, that lasts roughly for 45mins. The last segment was the group discussion again.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!