Baker Hughes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Directional Drilling Engineer Interview

Directional Drilling Engineer
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2014.

Interview Details applied directly to a recruiter and was scheduled for interview

Interview Question – why do you want to join Baker?   Answer Question

Perth, Western Australia

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2011.

Interview Details I applied online, then i got a phone interview which was generally about my social skills and a bout my resume, then i had a group panel interview which was more Job specific and how i would respond to situations on the field.

Interview Question – Asked me about my extra-curricular activities   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details I applied for the Australia Graduate Field Engineering position in at the start of November a couple of days later i was invited for a phone interview this was completed towards the end of November. The phone interview was pretty straight forward and all the quests can be found through a quick search. I was told I would hear details in a month but didn't hear anything till late January where I was invited to the BHE in Perth.

Interview Question – Name a time you has made a bad decision? What did you do to rectify?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to show leadership   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from Malaysia around 7pm. The recruiter made an appointment with me for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went for one hour. In the middle of the interview, the phone line dropped! I thought it's over. Because everyone was saying if the line dropped, you don't have any chance any more. But the lady CALLED BACK and we continued the interview. After that, she sent me login account for Global English test. I got 10 out 10, pretty good. A few days later, I was invited to the two day BHI experience. There were 20 of us from Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and Perth. They bought tickets for us and put us in a very nice hotel. It started the next day 6am and finished at around 10 pm. There were speeches, debating, group presentation, tests, assembling tools, making things and free mealtime, a long day and very tiring. The next day started at 6am again and finished around 12pm. They let us wait outside the conference room and call us one by one into the room to tell whether you have passed the assessment or not. It was VERY Nervous! There were 9 or 8 of us passed out of the 20 people.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. I prepared all. But when they really asked, I sort of answered as the flow. I was very passionate and confident. I know everyone was making the same points when answering, so I was trying to make a new point but inspiring as the same time. Be innovative.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details shortlisted more than 3 months ago for a position, still no word from the recruiter or hiring manager. When you are shortlisted you cannot be looked at for other positions.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the first interview. All very basic questions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview Details Pone interview about 7 behavioral questions: 5 questions on the "tell me a time when type" base and give 3 reasons of why should we hire you. The interview was last about 35 minutes. She said at the beginning of the interview that she will not repeat a question so make sure you are ready to take note befor when the phone interview start.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you were behind a project.   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Phone interview

Greatest achievement of your life?
why you want to join BH?

Technical problems: give an example a technical problem you worked on that you had to apply your technical knowledge to, give an example of a difficult technical problem you solved, give an example of a complex technical problem in which you had no supervision

What do you do if your team has conflict and arguments?

Field Engineering Interview

Field Engineering
Luanda, Luanda (Angola)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview Details Well I applied online then i received feedback weeks after. I was told i would be having a phone interview with one of their agents. I chose a day and the time of the interview, they called at the exact time. The interview was jst like everybody described. Give an example of situation where i applied my technical knowledge to sokve a tech problem, give an example of a technical project i worked with no or not direct supervision, how dud i solve a conflict when working in a team. The interview was nothing of out of ordinary. Same day i git the link for the English test which i did on the spot and received the results few hours later. I was invited to the BH 2 days experience where we had to write tests, attend presentations and interact with other candidates and product lines manager. One advice to candidate: dont show any sign of fatigue as these 2 days are really long, ask as many question as you can and make sure your English is at least level 5.

Interview Question – What have you learned during your academic studies that you can apply to real life situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straigh forward.

Strategic Business Analyst Interview

Strategic Business Analyst
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details First interview was with the recruiter via a phone call. I was asked some basic behavioral, non technical interview questions related to my experience, education, etc. If shortlisted, i would then be called for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Did not make it to the second round.

Interview Question – A challenging situation you faced at work and how you responded   Answer Question

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!