Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

Directional Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Sydney) in February 2014.

Interview

applied directly to a recruiter and was scheduled for interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I applied for the Australia Graduate Field Engineering position in at the start of November a couple of days later i was invited for a phone interview this was completed towards the end of November. The phone interview was pretty straight forward and all the quests can be found through a quick search. I was told I would hear details in a month but didn't hear anything till late January where I was invited to the BHE in Perth.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you has made a bad decision? What did you do to rectify?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Perth, Western Australia) in July 2013.

Interview

I got a call from Malaysia around 7pm. The recruiter made an appointment with me for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went for one hour. In the middle of the interview, the phone line dropped! I thought it's over. Because everyone was saying if the line dropped, you don't have any chance any more. But the lady CALLED BACK and we continued the interview. After that, she sent me login account for Global English test. I got 10 out 10, pretty good. A few days later, I was invited to the two day BHI experience. There were 20 of us from Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and Perth. They bought tickets for us and put us in a very nice hotel. It started the next day 6am and finished at around 10 pm. There were speeches, debating, group presentation, tests, assembling tools, making things and free mealtime, a long day and very tiring. The next day started at 6am again and finished around 12pm. They let us wait outside the conference room and call us one by one into the room to tell whether you have passed the assessment or not. It was VERY Nervous! There were 9 or 8 of us passed out of the 20 people.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. I prepared all. But when they really asked, I sort of answered as the flow. I was very passionate and confident. I know everyone was making the same points when answering, so I was trying to make a new point but inspiring as the same time. Be innovative.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

Interview

I applied via a recruiting website. I received a call in two weeks, had a phone interview and a second face to face interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well and in two weeks I started to work. My on boarding took 2 months because of administration issues with HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you run a project like this (showing me a paper with some notes).   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Perth, Western Australia) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, then i got a phone interview which was generally about my social skills and a bout my resume, then i had a group panel interview which was more Job specific and how i would respond to situations on the field.

Welder Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Fairly quick, applied online about 2 weeks later did a phone interview and after that scheduled for an interview and 2 weeks later made an offer of employment that i accepted

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with three people. Went over the job responsibilities of the position and what they were looking for. The interview went well and I was told they would get back with me when a position became available.

Interview Questions

• Basic overview of my work experience.   1 Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email from careers international inviting me to Oneday with baker hughes its a live chat with the HR and Manager about the company and what working there would be like. I later received another email from Baker Hughes asking me to choose what country i would like to work and then called me up for an online video interview. It is a recorded video interview on Hirevieu where you have questions posted and then you have to record your answer. there were 9 questions with a 3min timeline most of what have already been listed above......I am believing I will hear back from the company soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation where you worked on a project with deadline and a budget given, how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would you do differently next time.   4 Answers

Field Operator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Was about 4 months long. No communication during the process. Had to call hr constantly to get status updates. Wasn't in the system for a while even after I had a interview with baker Hughes rep.

Interview Questions

• How much oilfield experience do you have?   1 Answer