Baker Hughes Interview Questions

2.9

Directional Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2014.

applied directly to a recruiter and was scheduled for interview

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2011.

I applied online, then i got a phone interview which was generally about my social skills and a bout my resume, then i had a group panel interview which was more Job specific and how i would respond to situations on the field.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied for the Australia Graduate Field Engineering position in at the start of November a couple of days later i was invited for a phone interview this was completed towards the end of November. The phone interview was pretty straight forward and all the quests can be found through a quick search. I was told I would hear details in a month but didn't hear anything till late January where I was invited to the BHE in Perth.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you has made a bad decision? What did you do to rectify?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone Interview

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2013.

I got a call from Malaysia around 7pm. The recruiter made an appointment with me for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went for one hour. In the middle of the interview, the phone line dropped! I thought it's over. Because everyone was saying if the line dropped, you don't have any chance any more. But the lady CALLED BACK and we continued the interview. After that, she sent me login account for Global English test. I got 10 out 10, pretty good. A few days later, I was invited to the two day BHI experience. There were 20 of us from Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and Perth. They bought tickets for us and put us in a very nice hotel. It started the next day 6am and finished at around 10 pm. There were speeches, debating, group presentation, tests, assembling tools, making things and free mealtime, a long day and very tiring. The next day started at 6am again and finished around 12pm. They let us wait outside the conference room and call us one by one into the room to tell whether you have passed the assessment or not. It was VERY Nervous! There were 9 or 8 of us passed out of the 20 people.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. I prepared all. But when they really asked, I sort of answered as the flow. I was very passionate and confident. I know everyone was making the same points when answering, so I was trying to make a new point but inspiring as the same time. Be innovative.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2014.

Process took more than 7 months. Applied through Baker Hughes careers portal. Had a phone interview after 2 months. Global English test after another 2 weeks or more. Assessment Day on the 4th of September (1 day - compared to the 2 day Assessment for the Field Engineer Graduates). We were 11 applicants and 9 assessors. Day ended at 6pm.
    At the assessment day we were put into groups, and we all went, in rotation, through:
    1. personal interview with no unexpected questions - (do your homework, don't be scared of "inédit" answers!)
    2. detailed presentation of the company and we were asked some questions regarding our affinity to the field work and to BH in general.
    3. Practical tests: a) measure the pH of coffee and soda with a pH meter and litmus paper and compare the results; b) assembly of part according to a sketch and instructions; c) measure a semi-complex metal part with a vernier. Describe the part and it's possible use; d) measure the resistivity of some resistors using a multimeter.
    * lunch with everyone
    4. team work: a) build a rig from straws, paper, tape etc. You have to decide which of the 3 exemplified rig models you want to build, buy materials from the bank with a limited amount of money. think fast!
    b) they present you with a hypothetical situation: you are a recent employee of BH for the field specialist position and you have to make a presentation to convince some newly graduates to apply for BH. Be convincing, innovative and well structured.
    They accepted some applicants, and are in the process of doing some background checks for some others.

Wireline Operator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Odessa, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2014.

I applied through the corporate website. Initial contact from the company took approximately 3-4 weeks after online application submission. I then got call requesting a phone interview which took place immediately. This was very brief and basic. Basic job information. Basic questions verifying my information from the application was correct. The recruiter then scheduled a tentative F2F interview with the hiring supervisor and confirmed this appointment 2 days later.

F2F interview was very comfortable and relaxed. It was conducted by the direct supervisor of the position and the departmental manager. They told me I was overqualified for the position and under-qualified for the other positions they were seeking to fill. I demonstrated that, in that case, I'm the ideal candidate since I would progress quickly from the lower level position offered to the higher level positions they were seeking to fill. The atmosphere was conversational as opposed to interrogative and both men were very nice, friendly and honest.

No offer was made on-the-spot directly as it's this company's policy to funnel all offers through the HR department. However, they made it as clear as possible, ethically, that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I got the offer via HR 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was when they told me I was overqualified. If you really want a position, you need to be able and prepared to counter all potential rebuttals or misgivings they may have about you being the right person for the job.   Answer Question
    Entry level position. No negotiation available.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I started my hiring process with Baker Hughes at a career fair. Things went well with the employees there, and I was able to get an on campus interview a few days later after going to a Baker Hughes information session. The second round of interviews was a video interview. This interview consisted of answering prerecorded questions, it was NOT a live interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions for the internship were very standard, but answering to just a camera and not a live or even skyped audience was somewhat uncomfortalbe   View Answers (2)
    For the internship there was not much room for negotiation at all.

Graduate Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

I applied online and was interviewed by phone. He ask me about my skills, why did I want to work there and why should I be hired. I didn't know how I was. I called 2 weeks later and the person said that I should have already recived a feedback, but I didn't recived.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Went thought the BH experience. The first day they had dinner and a few activities. The second day was over 12 hours of group activities and other tests. Just be social.

I took the offer

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!