Baker Hughes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Directional Drilling Engineer Interview

Directional Drilling Engineer
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2014.

Interview Details applied directly to a recruiter and was scheduled for interview

Interview Question – why do you want to join Baker?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2011.

Interview Details I applied online, then i got a phone interview which was generally about my social skills and a bout my resume, then i had a group panel interview which was more Job specific and how i would respond to situations on the field.

Interview Question – Asked me about my extra-curricular activities   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details I applied for the Australia Graduate Field Engineering position in at the start of November a couple of days later i was invited for a phone interview this was completed towards the end of November. The phone interview was pretty straight forward and all the quests can be found through a quick search. I was told I would hear details in a month but didn't hear anything till late January where I was invited to the BHE in Perth.

Interview Question – Name a time you has made a bad decision? What did you do to rectify?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to show leadership   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from Malaysia around 7pm. The recruiter made an appointment with me for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went for one hour. In the middle of the interview, the phone line dropped! I thought it's over. Because everyone was saying if the line dropped, you don't have any chance any more. But the lady CALLED BACK and we continued the interview. After that, she sent me login account for Global English test. I got 10 out 10, pretty good. A few days later, I was invited to the two day BHI experience. There were 20 of us from Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and Perth. They bought tickets for us and put us in a very nice hotel. It started the next day 6am and finished at around 10 pm. There were speeches, debating, group presentation, tests, assembling tools, making things and free mealtime, a long day and very tiring. The next day started at 6am again and finished around 12pm. They let us wait outside the conference room and call us one by one into the room to tell whether you have passed the assessment or not. It was VERY Nervous! There were 9 or 8 of us passed out of the 20 people.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. I prepared all. But when they really asked, I sort of answered as the flow. I was very passionate and confident. I know everyone was making the same points when answering, so I was trying to make a new point but inspiring as the same time. Be innovative.   Answer Question

AMO Supervisor Interview

AMO Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Promised advancement opportunities
Promised training for advancement roles
I was interviewed by multiple people including an HR rep
I was walked around the plant and show the different processes
They were willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Question – What's your worst attribute.   Answer Question

Well Planner Interview

Well Planner

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details I was initially introduced software that you'd be using. Then they asked standard interview questions like greatest strengths/weaknesses. I then met some other staff members and toured the office. Then I got my parking validated and the hiring manager contacted me for a second interview the next day.

Interview Question – Several behavioral questions on 2nd interview about older projects.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Technical Position
Claremore, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details I found the hiring process to be very formal and business-like. I was informed of the company's interest and followed-up with pre-interview questions by email. A few days later I had a phone interview with the company's recruiter and again asked the basic interview questions. I ended up getting an in-person interview and to my surprise, I was asked the same canned interview questions and was told from the beginning of the interview, they were looking for the right fit for the position. The entire process took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Question – What do you like least about your job. Not a tough question, but after answering it 3 times it become a bit redundant.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Took 2 week from applied to phone interview. After phone interview, I received an email inform that I am not selected. I think problem is my English skill. I will try to improve my English skill and apply again next year.

Interview Question – You must answer a question about a technical problem that you have encountered and how you solved this problem!   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Junior Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview Details took 2 months,I got an interview for baker huges on the phone and the questions were all behavioural. very simple talk with hr representative and after talk you are promoted to the next stage.

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!