Baker Hughes

477 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Directional Drilling Engineer Interview

Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2014.

Interview Details applied directly to a recruiter and was scheduled for interview

Interview Question – why do you want to join Baker?   Answer Question

Field Engineer
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2011.

Interview Details I applied online, then i got a phone interview which was generally about my social skills and a bout my resume, then i had a group panel interview which was more Job specific and how i would respond to situations on the field.

Interview Question – Asked me about my extra-curricular activities   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details I applied for the Australia Graduate Field Engineering position in at the start of November a couple of days later i was invited for a phone interview this was completed towards the end of November. The phone interview was pretty straight forward and all the quests can be found through a quick search. I was told I would hear details in a month but didn't hear anything till late January where I was invited to the BHE in Perth.

Interview Question – Name a time you has made a bad decision? What did you do to rectify?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to show leadership   Answer Question

Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from Malaysia around 7pm. The recruiter made an appointment with me for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went for one hour. In the middle of the interview, the phone line dropped! I thought it's over. Because everyone was saying if the line dropped, you don't have any chance any more. But the lady CALLED BACK and we continued the interview. After that, she sent me login account for Global English test. I got 10 out 10, pretty good. A few days later, I was invited to the two day BHI experience. There were 20 of us from Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and Perth. They bought tickets for us and put us in a very nice hotel. It started the next day 6am and finished at around 10 pm. There were speeches, debating, group presentation, tests, assembling tools, making things and free mealtime, a long day and very tiring. The next day started at 6am again and finished around 12pm. They let us wait outside the conference room and call us one by one into the room to tell whether you have passed the assessment or not. It was VERY Nervous! There were 9 or 8 of us passed out of the 20 people.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. I prepared all. But when they really asked, I sort of answered as the flow. I was very passionate and confident. I know everyone was making the same points when answering, so I was trying to make a new point but inspiring as the same time. Be innovative.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Stavanger (Norway)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Interview Details For Summer Internship - Applied online with Taleo system, they wanted several informations including academic transcripts; then I was contacted by an HR in UK, that apparently had no access to the application! After exchanging about 10 emails I got invited for a pre-registered video interview, where I had to talk with my webcam

Interview Question – Three reasons why we should hire you
Describe two your qualities, that have not yet illustrated
The last software you learned
The most difficult project you addressed in your study
  Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Phone interview, after which I had a face to face interview. Unfortunately, "Application Engineer" is a catch all bucket for a lot of different roles, so you had better just hope that your skill set matches up to an immediate need/demand, since you can't really tailor/predict what they want.

Interview Question – None. Pretty straightforward interview on experience and what I want to accomplish in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation phase. Merely a request for a target salary.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Question – Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   View Answer

Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Interview Details I got in contact with Baker Hughes through a recruitment event, where they invited me to an interview.
The HR was very kind and nice and she gave me enough time to answer, my english needs some practice and i was very nervous.
First part of the interview were some generic questions about knowing or having any family member working in the company, my availability to work offshore and other languages i might speak.
On the second part of the interview she asked me what a field engineer does, what i knew about, and why i wanted, to work on Baker Hughes. They asked me to describe a situation where:
i was successful;
 i used my leadership skills;
the most difficult situation i had and how i managed it;
i used my technical skills to solve a problem.
In the end of the interview she invited me to join the baker hughes experience, which i accepted and am still in process to attend it.
After a week or so, they sent me an e-mail with the details to do the english assessment test.

Interview Question – The questions were basically the same as the other reviews, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2013.

Interview Details Great experience with Baker Hughes.
I applied online at Baker Hughes Career Opportunities for Graduates in October 2013. Two months later (December), I had the phone interview. I also did the Global English Test which I passed. Talent Acquisition team came back to me three months later (last week) with an invitation to Baker Hughes Experience. I am actually preparing to travel and attend the experience. Hopefully I do well and come up with the offer.

Interview Question – How did to handle the difficulty of a technical problem occurred in your experience?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes interview questions and advice. All 477 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees and interview candidates.