Bank of America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
2,180 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
    I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
    So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
    Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
    A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
    At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
    My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed this yet.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2014.

It was a standard interview format: Phone screening, then Interviewed with district manager in person, then manager in person, then was scheduled for a final phone interview with sales and performance manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a strategy you applied to increase sales revenue.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I turned in my form online on a friday and I received a call back from the corporate the following monday. I was asked to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, there was a person who was in charge of the whole group interview process and a few branch managers. Everything in the group interview was basic.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was when they asked me what is my greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America.

I received a call too come in for an in person interview. The interview was easy enough. My interviewer was a person a worked with as a phone banker 10 years ago. I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my previous work history, example of working through difficult situation with customer.   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2012.

I had to take an online assessment which I passed. The next day HR contacted me for a phone interview. I was a few days for her to complete employment history check. Then i had to come to the building and fill out forms for a background test. Finally i went in for an interview with two senior managers. They want to make sure you are willing to sale, everything sales, aggressive sales. They hired people with no previous sales history.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience where you got push back from selling to a person? I was also put in an role playing to try and sale something to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It went on for over 4 hours. there were 4 different rounds. I applied from my college career website.
    There were first 2 behavioral rounds and then 4 technical rounds.
    Each round had a different person and a different perspective,

Leadership Development - Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2013.

Did an afternoon of interviews with 6 different individuals....was shocked that they basically all asked the same generic, behavioral interviewing 101 questions.

The recruiter told me I did well during the 1st round of interviews and I moved onto the 2nd round. Again, I was told I did well and they were very interested in me. Then radio silence...for 3 mos! The recruiter didn't return my voicemails/emails, which is completely unprofessional. I called again almost 3 mos. later, just to close the loop and caught the recruiter by surprise...she remembered me but basically didn't have a reason as to why I wasn't selected as I asked for feedback. The position was a senior-level role on their Leadership Development team...They people that I interviwed with were nice, but the experience with the recruiter basically turned me off.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied through college career website and got two Skype interviews back to back. First asked about yourself and basically chat about the position. The interviewer talked about his experience working there and also provided some information on what you might be interested in.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Applied online, ultimately networked my way in and was lucky enough to advance right to a super day. Human Resources reached out to me and let me know that I had been invited and when I needed to be in Chicago. I was interviewing with about 6 or 7 other kids and interviews consisted of 5 1 on 1 interviews and 2 2 on 1 interviews. Everyone was very nice and helpful throughout the process. Was put on hold and ultimately did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard technicals (DCF, WACC, Comps, Basic Accounting), Really focused on fit and general market news.   Answer Question

Test Design/Analytics Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America.

straight forward interview process with multiple interviews via the phone and in person with human resources and management. you have to be able to sell yourself and provide deals on your experience that relates to the job you posted for.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult just do your research on the company   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!