Bank of America

2,110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist Interview

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details hiring was easy and simple, the Manager was very relaxing and made you feel also relaxed, she explained the position in detais and promise to make a decesion as early as possible and she did within 3 days

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details From what I remember. I went to an open job fair. Interviewed with 3 different managers from there was told to do the online application. A couple of weeks went by and then I received a call from a recruiter.

Technology Developer & Analyst Program Interview

Technology Developer & Analyst Program

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through university and got short listed for face to face interview in University campus. Got through the first round and asked to come for an interview at NYC.The selection process is entirely random, if you have luck then you can get it easily.. Questions were mostly from basic OOPs concepts, JAVA basics, threading, design patterns, basic SQL concepts and small programs like factorial, search algorithm,..

Interview Question – All the questions are pretty much answerable. Write a program on factorial using recursive function.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Part Time Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Did a quick phone interview and was then asked to do an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Both individuals were very friendly, I heard back within a week regarding my selection. I went in later to do some paperwork and they introduced me to the whole staff and was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – I was asked to make a sales pitch for an account.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details Talked to two managers and one peer, got offer next day...not much structure, same questions asked by each person. Purely designed to assess personality traits. Very cursory discussion...if I didn't need the job I would have passed. There is obviously no structure or consistency in their hiring process. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Question – operational scenarios   View Answer

Negotiation Details – zero negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details 3 interviews in total. first phone, one in person then the last one on the phone again. it was a very fast efficent process but when you hit your first day at the center not as smooth. the manager wasnt even there my first day and no one knew what to have me do

Negotiation Details – i declined the inital offer and they meet me half way

Senior Technical Associate Interview

Senior Technical Associate

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details was moderate nothing was tuff.had 5 rounds first one was a written aptitude then the next four were interviews i got to know i am selected immediately after the last round it was a great experience.

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Teller Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details The whole process was very simple. There was an online portion, which consisted of the application and a personality assessment type quiz. Then a phone interview. Then there was a 1-1 with the recruiter. And the last step was an interview with the hiring manager. All in all the process was straight forward and a one track path.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell something to the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!