Bank of America

Average Difficulty
2,118 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Interviewing process took about a month. 1.phone interview 2. Group interview. Pretty nerve wrecking, I was in a room with 22 other applicants. 3. Manager interview the same day. 4. Branch manager interview.

Very Easy Interview

Litigation Specialist II Interview

Litigation Specialist II
Simi Valley, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Interview was humerus, every question asked came right off website on the top ten interview questions. Why should I hire you? What was your proudest moment? Greatest accomplishment? Difficult situation with coworker and how did you handle? Have you ever been fired?

Interview Question – There was noting it was so lame, interviewer literally read each question scripted from online.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I knew what the job paid as had friends there they pain $24 hr.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online at the Bank of America careers site on a Sunday. The next day I received an email asking me to go to a group interview on Tuesday. On Tuesday I went to the interview location where 11 other people were to be interviewed. The recruiter introduced herself and mentioned how usually it would just be us and her but today we had two guests who were branch managers from different locations. We started off by having the recruiter and two branch managers introduce themselves and then went around the room introducing ourselves. We said our names, why we chose Bank of America, our past experiences, education, and availability. The recruiter then proceeded to talk about Bank of America and the benefits they offer and what they value in the company. We were encouraged to participate in the discussion about Bank of America's values. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back telling us how we did in the group interview. Four people were asked to stay. I was one of those four. The two branch managers had chosen us to do a one on one interview right away. I went to do the one on one interview with a branch manager right away after the group interview was over. I was asked to go into more detail about myself. Where did I go to school, what I had heard about the company, why I would be a good fit for Bank of America, and what experience do I have in sales. I was also asked to role play. I was asked to sell the branch manager a pen. Then I was asked to sell the branch manager a phone plan (my sales experience was phone sales). At the end of the interview the branch manager said he loved my personality and he loved people who were not shy at sales. He said he would love for me to work at this branch and that I would receive a call soon. I was called on Wednesday, the very next day. I was explained the benefits again and was asked for availability and when I could start.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell the pen was probably the most difficult and unexpected task. People don't usually think tellers are selling anything to people, but tellers have to be able to convince people to get a credit card, bank account, or other things related to the bank.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Email/Chat Support Interview

Customer Service Representative Email/Chat Support
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied on a late Thursday evening. Received an email the next day(Friday) to take a assessment test of character/personality test about 100 or so questions. Saturday evening received an email from a HR Recruiter in AZ to schedule a phone interview next so I scheduled it for Monday. Monday's phone interview was about 15 mins. basic customer service questions and about yourself. Passed phone interview so in-person interview was schedule for Wed. and had to complete a grammar and typing test before the in-person interview. In-person interview was about 2 hrs. First hr was just sitting in a conference room w/ about 30 other people learning about the job position and benefits, etc . Second hour was for meeting with managers. I'm going to call it speed date w/ managers b.c there were about 15 managers in another room and each were at their own table and you had about 5-10 mins with 2/3 managers which was already chosen for you to tell them about yourself, work history, etc. I only interviewed with two managers and found out later one was the site Director of the whole building. Received a call the next morning that I got the job. Exactly ONE week for me.

Interview Question – How did you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Salses and Trading Interview

Salses and Trading
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied through my university and was interviewed on campus by an alumni. I had an internal recommendation, interviewed, sent a thank you email, and never heard back either way...... The interviewer was obnoxious and spoke right over me while answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked my opinion on what I thought the Fed's actions would be in the new year.   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I applied online and was surprised with how quickly they wanted to screen me for possible interview. I passed the screening and then went on to interview with a branch manager. I then had phone calls with consumer market managers . It was a lengthy process but it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – They made it clear that this is a position where quotas are important. One question they asked me was "How do you prepare for expected goals?"   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details first i had a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, from there i had to take an online assessment that was about an hour long. once i passed i got a call back from the recruiter to schedule an on-site meeting with 2 managers at the branch. questions were pretty straightforward and i did a short role play with the manager.

Interview Question – sell me a savings account...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist Interview

AML/Financial Crimes Compliance Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details hiring was easy and simple, the Manager was very relaxing and made you feel also relaxed, she explained the position in detais and promise to make a decesion as early as possible and she did within 3 days

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details the usual questions about who you are, what is your background in. why you want this position. Why should they hire you. Just stay calm and answer the questions as honestly as possible. You will do great.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!