Bank of America

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

I applied to the Anticipatory teller Position online on the 2/2/15. i was contacted on 2/3/15 to find out my availability to do a phone interview. i choose 2/4/15 and the time. after i received an email to fill out a security check form online.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

I initially applied online and within a couple of days got a new email asking me to take an online assessment. This is just your standard customer service test alongside a couple of quick reading comprehension and maths segments. A LOT of "agree strongly / disagree strongly" questions at the end.
    I obviously passed this as I got a phone call from a BoA recruiter three days later to confirm my information, and we scheduled a phone interview with a different recruiter the next day. This phone interview was very basic, and lasted about 25 minutes. General questions about my work experience, why i want to work for the bank, why i applied for this role in particular etc. At the end of this phone interview we scheduled a face-to-face interview with the manager of the branch I had applied for, and I was sent some online forms to fill out.
    The next interview was a week later, I was kind of surprised that it wasn't a group interview, which is what I had read a lot online, but again this interview seemed pretty basic to me, aside from two short role-plays which were simple - in one I had to pretend to be the teller and find a way to get the customer to set up online banking, in the other I had to suggest new products to her. For this interview I strongly suggest focusing on your customer service skills and sales skills!
    It was VERY short which i thought was a bad sign and the interviewer gave nothing away whatsoever, but the next day my recruiter called me back and set up an interview with the district manager for the following week.
    In this interview I was interviewed by the district manager as well as another branch manager that I hadn't met before, and they asked me questions about my flexibility, what i know about BoA, and again about my experience etc. They also asked me a lot about my experience with cash handling and balancing cash drawers, safes etc.
    Both of these managers were very friendly and positive, but they also mentioned that they were interviewing another 15 people over two days so I didn't get my hopes up. Nonetheless my recruiter got in touch three days later and offered me the position, and I had another few forms to fill in and send off to her.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer, and how did you turn it into a positive situation?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Have you ever had to deal with a member of a team that you thought was lazy or uncooperative, how did you deal with this situation?

Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Didn't get the job, process quick. Two phone interviews basic math skills tested have nothing else to say..............................Be prepared, ask questions, go to site as customer before you accept offer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America.

they ask you to come in as a group interview first and you go and theirs 4 other people their with 4 managers. First they ask you why would you be a good fit for the job, how have you gone above and beyond for a previous client etc. Then at the end they will ask you to do a role play, and this is where you have to show you can sell!!!! You will be the teller and one of the managers will be a client. Everyone in the interview room is watching you sound very convincing. Then after each manager pulls out one candidate and you do the one on one. After that they call you to continue on for another one on one and if they call you you basically got it.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

"What will you do to make customers happy?"
    "Tell me a tough situation you have been in and how you manged it?"
    "How do you handle conflicts with co-workers?"
    "How much experience do you have handling money?"
    "Give an example of how you overcame adversity."
    Besides these questions you also may either be asked to do a group or one on one interview. Also you will need to take an aptitude test to see how you will fit into the company and to see if there are any positions that you will best fit into.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bank of America.

pretty easy, pretty standard for the banking industry. Nothing that you won't expect if you have done this sort of thing before. Remember to dress sharply and be attentive to each of the interviewers because you'll most likely be interviewed by two people.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Very thorough and non pressuring. You are told the expectations up front. You were told you were required to do sales and what would be expected of you. Also your hours and days off.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

First I was asked to go in to a group interview then I chose the location closest to me and went to the interview one on one with branch manager.

Group interview
    20 candidates 7 interviewers
    1. Briefly introduced yourself and why would you be a perfect math for this position.
    2. They told you about they company and let you ask questions
    3. Play role
    4. They told some candidates to leave and continue interview with the rest of the group.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

The interviewing process was amazing! It was fun and I was very comfortable. I initially applied for a teller position but they offered me a position called Professional Teller position. Easy questions... "Why Bank of America?" "Tell me about yourself" Just breathe and relax, you'll be fine!

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a client to speak with a credit specialist when she only wanted to process a transaction?   View Answer
    None