Bank of America Teller Operations Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

2.7

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America.

There is a ton of waiting usually from interview to offer. The interviews are one on one and then you are contacted by HR for additional information and a background check if whomever interviewed you wants you on their team. You should get something back from HR in about a week that contains and offer. However, depending on what may be going on in the department that you interviewed with there could be weeks to months in between when you interview and when HR contacts you.

Interview Questions
  • They were all behavioral questions like "whats your biggest flaw?" pretty standard entry level questions.   Answer Question
No negotiation took place as an entry level position.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

The whole process was very simple. There was an online portion, which consisted of the application and a personality assessment type quiz. Then a phone interview. Then there was a 1-1 with the recruiter. And the last step was an interview with the hiring manager. All in all the process was straight forward and a one track path.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America.

There was a phone call from the recruiter. He was extremely nice. There was a face-to-face meeting with the Market Manager as well as the Branch Manager. I received a phone call shortly after the interviews letting me know that I was hired. Overall, it was standard practice for a bank.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of scenario based questions about performance.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate. Said I was at the top of the pay grade.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2014.

Online appliation was submitted, took about three weeks before recving any info from BOA. Finally received a online assessment invite. Completed this and ws then contacted by recurtier to do a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions in ref. to expeiance, reason for leaving previous job and a basic customer contact question. Next day I was scheduled to attend a face to face with the branch manager. I was told how process would go, expalined the expectations and givin a brief description of the role itself, in addition to some background about BOA. Interview went well sent off for background was told it could take up to nine days and now I'm pending a response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a teller that was always out of balance,yet all other work was being performed beyond expectations?   View Answer
    Pending background info, no nego as of this moment.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blacksburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2012.

Be sure to submit an application online. Once that process is done you will likely be contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter feels you out as a candidate before asking you to complete a skills test (if required for role). Once you pass the skills test you are then scheduled an interview with the Hiring Manager. At this phase the manager does a very standard interview with a potential for role play (so be comfortable with enacting a sales skit). If the manager is comfortable with your interview and approves you along there is one phone interview done with the Market Manager (the hiring manager's supervisor). They will then ask you very similar questions along with another possibility for a role play. If they ask the same types of questions you are given about 2-4 days between the 1-1 interview and the phone interview so use the time to better connect with the questions. If approved the recruiter will then contact you with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a situation where you recognized and sold a product as a need the customer didn't know about?   Answer Question
    • If asked what words would your manager use to describe you?   Answer Question
    Once contacted with an offer you are able to negotiate. I would suggest doing so to better gain the need for the position to be filled and to better place yourself within the company. Your raise from here on out will depend on a relatively high starting salary.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

You will submit an application via website and if they like your application a recruiter will e-mail any necessary assessments if they decide to proceed. If you pass the assessments the recruiter will do a phone interview with you and if they like you will set up an interview with who your direct manager would be. In some instances instead of interviewing with the direct manager they will do what is called a round table and you and a few others applying for the same position will interview with a bunch of managers looking to fill the same position. If a manager takes a liking to you they will offer you a position. Round tables are usually done for outside candidates, while one on one interviews are done for internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Was currently employed as a Sales Specialist with the bank and was underperforming in my sales categories because I was filling in as the Teller Operations Specialist in her absence. Was asked, "Based on how low your current performance metrics are, why should we hire you?"   View Answer
    They make an offer and make it seem like there is to be no negotiation. However, if you tell them you were looking for a little more they will usually wiggle a little bit but nothing too substantial.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2010.

Hiring is pretty quick, it takes about 2 weeks. Interview could last for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • If one of your teller comes late most of the time, would you adjust her or his schedule to coming in at a later time? How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    you can negotiate base on experience, distance and size of Banking Center.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I was an internal applicant, as they don't tend to hire management outside. I was a teller for a little over 6 months (with 5+ years retail management experience prior), before applying for promotion. Interview had little focus on sales, more focus on coaching and training experience, as the job expectation is to train the tellers. As a teller they expect you to exceed referral goals, and have perfect attendance with no latencies. Interviewed with Manager and Assistant Manager. Was supposed to have a 2nd interview with the Market Manager, but their schedule was full, so I was promoted after just one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you exceed branch goals and expectations for teller referrals? / Role play coaching situations with tellers.   Answer Question
    Offers will vary drastically based on location. I spoke with my manager a few days before the interview, we agreed that 40k would be acceptable, and that was the offer made after the interview.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Initial interview is a group interview, 11-15 candidates, 5-8 managers, filling multiple positions. Banking Center have sales goals to meet, a candidate is more desirable if they can help achieve sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • The interview requires you to sell a product, one that you may know nothing about. So be familiar with their products and make sure you convey the "value" and "relationship" you are building with the customer.   Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Online Assessment
    Phone Interview with a recruiter
    In person interview with Branch Manager and another employee

Interview Questions
    • How would you teach someone who just wasn't getting a process?   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!