Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, and got invitation to online testing about a week after the closing deadline. Online testing was quite simple, and got through to a surprise phone interview, consisting of very standard behavioural questions.

In the first round interview, I was interviewed in 3 separate interviews of 2 people each, with one being market knowledge, one case interview, and one cultural fit type interview. Unfortunately at this time I was not paying much attention to the market and I blame my failure in the interview to my lack of interest at the time.

KYC Refresh Analyst Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers. They were concerned about previous experience. It took a long time to get an offer but start date was quickly after the offer was made. Managers seem concerned about fit with the team. The description of the position wasn't exactly accurate

Boot Camp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

receive phone interview after online application. It's basically all about the resume. The call is from an alumni, so we also talk about our school. I thought everything went well but I end up didn't get an offer.

Summer2015 IBD Interview

First round IW on the phone. Merely strength based. No real conversation, makes you feel uncomfortable. Questions were partially nonsense. They seemed to be in a rush, called me one evening for some questions, scheduled interview the day after. Did not hear back from them (2W+). Overall process took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Are you proud when you explain something to others and they get yopur point?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Lots of short competency questions
    Short, about 20 minutes
    Interviewer has a set of questions, no way to interact with them outside these questions
    Be ready for a lot of questions about your team abilities, leadership experience, and to explain your academic choices.
    Interviewer was not from the desk, but HR

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone interview. It was easy, relaxing. Not too tough. I was asked to walk them through my resume. That's about yet.

Interview Questions
    Entry level, not too much to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applications had to be made online in whcih details had to be given regarding academics and extra achievements. And also, write a bit about yourself and also about Barclays.
    1. After shortlisting 1st round was IQ/Aptitude test
    2. Second round was group discussions on technical topics
    3. Then there were 1 to 1 interviews, I HR interview for 45 min 1 technical interview for 30 min

Went for further studies

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Did the usual tests and had the telephone interview. Was asked in the phone interview to mention 3 current affair topics. Was progressed to the assessment day. We had a buffet lunch and everyone was very friendly. I performed well in the individual assignment but not as well in the group assignment which was a puzzle I found quite difficult. Was chosen at random at the end of the assessment day to complete a numerical test.

Interview Questions
    • The group project was quite difficult but our team had a brainy engineer who helped us solve the puzzle within minutes.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The selection process started with initial discussion, followed by detail technical interview, Which was followed by a brief manager interview and later stages followed up with senior manager interview to understand the overall attributes of the person. Followed with HR interview and then thourough back ground checks and offer letter and visa processing.

Interview Questions
    • senior management expectation about generic project outlook   View Answer