Barclays Capital

Updated 20 Jan 2015

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, and got invitation to online testing about a week after the closing deadline. Online testing was quite simple, and got through to a surprise phone interview, consisting of very standard behavioural questions.

In the first round interview, I was interviewed in 3 separate interviews of 2 people each, with one being market knowledge, one case interview, and one cultural fit type interview. Unfortunately at this time I was not paying much attention to the market and I blame my failure in the interview to my lack of interest at the time.

Summer Analyst Interview

someone call from uk, very standard questions, cannot explain the question but repeat, a bit push
    related to teamwork, relationship management, fast-learning, risk in financial market, etc. last about 30 mins. since the interviewer cannot explain the question, and the question is really ambiguous, you'd better answer clearly and make it short.

Interview Questions
    • questions are very simple, but you have to understand it correctly   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Barclays had a well run interview process consisting of on-campus recruitment efforts and off-campus events. Friendly, intelligent, and thoughtful people contributed to an overarching perception of professionalism. Responsive to queries throughout the process from informational interviews to superdays through to final contract negotiations. Opportunities to have touchpoints throughout were highly welcomed by me and my classmates.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Too many people interviewing (US and UK) and process is too long before an offer.
    The turnover rate in HR is very high; trading floor setup; promotion process is inconsistent; and UK tells US what to do so no real ownership with project start to finish

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

It was not a difficult interview. Just a couple of technical questions. This might have been because I do not have a finance related major. Mostly behavioral. I think in the end it was all about fit. I was really unprepared for the interview, so i wasn't surprised when I didn't get the offer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied for interview through corporate site, and had an interview the next week. (Phone interview) Advanced to the final round in NYC and will have that round tomorrow, will update once I experience it.

Interview Questions
    • I saw you worked at another XX (Bulge Bracket Firm), why come to Barclays?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2014.

Applied online for the summer internship in IBD with Barclays Singapore (coming from a semi-target US school). Within 2 weeks, got invited to one-on-one phone interviews with 3 people (1 analyst, associate, and assistance VP). The AVP gave some good behavioral questions. Coming from a non-finance/business/econ background, the other 2 interviewers pushed me with some difficult questions trying to see how much I knew. Got invited for a 'informational meetup' which is the 2nd round interview at a US office. This was a one-on-one interview with two different bankers from Asia who were visiting a US office. HR said there would be a final round interview at the New York office. Got an email that I didn't make it to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • What is goodwill? How do you calculate WACC? What is the cost of equity? If you were a CEO of a company that made apples and revenue went down 25%, what would you do?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The first stage comprised the standard psychometric tests- Numerical and logical, and thereafter if you pass the test, you will be invited for a phone interview.
    After the phone interview, an AC will be scheduled.
    Overall, the process was rather long. The AC was fun and the atmosphere was good.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was predictable. Mostly competency questions.   Answer Question

After reading on the other reviews as well as speaking to industry professionals, I realized that the salary progression is really low despite the high starting salary. Job security appears to be low as well, even though it offers a thorough training.