Barclays Capital Interview Questions

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, and got invitation to online testing about a week after the closing deadline. Online testing was quite simple, and got through to a surprise phone interview, consisting of very standard behavioural questions.

In the first round interview, I was interviewed in 3 separate interviews of 2 people each, with one being market knowledge, one case interview, and one cultural fit type interview. Unfortunately at this time I was not paying much attention to the market and I blame my failure in the interview to my lack of interest at the time.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round phone interview. Followed by assessment centre which comprises of interviews, group activity, and a case presentation.
    Interviews are mostly fit and behavioral based questions. Case presentation was more technical.

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

First round

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2014.

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

Rewards Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview process was fast. The interview coordination very slow and caused a lot of delay.
    The background check was outsource to a 3rd party vendor not too sure if they lack a group of competence worker to do the job or are they simply slow in their work

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!