Barclays Capital

Updated 2 Mar 2015

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, and got invitation to online testing about a week after the closing deadline. Online testing was quite simple, and got through to a surprise phone interview, consisting of very standard behavioural questions.

In the first round interview, I was interviewed in 3 separate interviews of 2 people each, with one being market knowledge, one case interview, and one cultural fit type interview. Unfortunately at this time I was not paying much attention to the market and I blame my failure in the interview to my lack of interest at the time.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Got a call for on campus interview. Two rounds each of 30 minutes.Heard back from them within a week. The process took about 7 days. It was mostly behavioral and a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions   Answer Question

Treasury Trading SummerProgrammer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Round1: Online test consisting of 40 questions of multi-choice answer. Total duration to complete the test is one hour. Try to answer 2 choices out of 4 or 5 choices.

Round2: Technical Round of 30 minutes. All the questions will be related to your skill sets. Try to give straight-forward answers. (Not too difficult).

Round3: Managerial Round (Stakeholder Round) of 30-45 minutes. General questioning related to your job profile, your roles and responsibilities, your hobbies, Strength and weaknesses have been asked. Main focus and aim of this round is to check your communication skills, your confidence level and way you respond the answers.

Round4: Technical Round of 30 minutes again. Some more questions related to the Skills set/Projects you shown in your resume are asked.

Round5: Process Manager’s/Stakeholder Round. More focus is on the way you implement the projects. The challenges you faced for your current projects. Yours current role and responsibilities in the organization etc. (Be very confident answering the questions because this is very critical round).

Round6: HR Round. Just the normal round means the salary expectations, notice period etc things are discussed here. Be prepared for this round too.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you chosen to apply to this particular role and why at Barclays?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions
    • Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

First round was two phone interviews w/ analysts and associates. Second round was an "informational interview" with VPs. Final round was four back-to-back skype interviews with the team in the regional office.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked multiple brain teasers, asked why I was interested in finance even though I haven't had any prior experience nor relevant classes.   View Answer

Trading Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

one telephone interview with HR with all the fit questions: describe a time when you help others, what would you do if one of your friends does something unethical. Then I got an AC, which contain a trading game and 3-4 one-to-one interview. The one-to-one is half fit question and half technical question. The technical is not very hard and about the news.

Technology Spring Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2015.

Applied online, invited to inductive reasoning tests. First and second round phone interviews, and an offer a day after second round. All questions during the process were strength-based, no technicals at all. Make sure to show examples of how you share the 5 key values of Barclays, show that you can work well in a team and that you can think for yourself. Ensure that you have strong industry knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How motivated are you to further your career?
      How would you present complex information so that everyone can understand?
      How important is technology in investment banking?
      Would your friends go to you for advice? Why?

Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied online.
    First stage: online application which required to upload CV and complete combination of motivation and business awareness questions.
    Second stage: received online tests few days after the submission of the online form. Had to complete mathematical reasoning test and 2 personality tests.
    Third stage: 2 weeks after submission of test received invitation to telephone interview. Booked slot for the telephone interview online. each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes. Was asked just competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • How satisfied you get when you explain something and the person understands that?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Online Assessment - Situational Judgement, Personality, Numerical Tests - Telephone Interview - AC (Haven't had yet)
    Was all pretty straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. The deadline was extended by 2 weeks originally, not really sure why.
    Not been yet, but advised that the AC contains 3 parts: 1:1 interview with a senior associate in my department; group exercise; 45 minute preparation on a new topic followed by 15 minute presentation to a senior associate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hugely unexpected, 2 that caught me out - What does inclusion mean to you? & What are the 3 main issues on the global agenda currently?   Answer Question