Barclays Capital Interview Questions

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in April 2011.

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions
    • None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, and got invitation to online testing about a week after the closing deadline. Online testing was quite simple, and got through to a surprise phone interview, consisting of very standard behavioural questions.

In the first round interview, I was interviewed in 3 separate interviews of 2 people each, with one being market knowledge, one case interview, and one cultural fit type interview. Unfortunately at this time I was not paying much attention to the market and I blame my failure in the interview to my lack of interest at the time.

Summer Analyst Interview

Starts with resume drop. Then, first round was a 30 min fit interview. Second round was three 30 minute interviews. One stock pitch, one technical (financial statements etc), one behavioral.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round phone interview. Followed by assessment centre which comprises of interviews, group activity, and a case presentation.
    Interviews are mostly fit and behavioral based questions. Case presentation was more technical.

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

First round

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

IBD, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Phone screening, then in person interview. I spoke with the HR recruiter and she liked my background so i was called in to interview with 3 people. One of the people cancelled so i met with two. One director and one lower level employee.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

I got a random call from a recruiter, who said that my application was submitted for an Analyst position at Barclays Capital through an internal referral. I agreed to interview the following week, which was a first and final round interview, with a current Analyst and the COO. The interview was surprisingly the most laid back interview I've had, with the COO making a few jokes and making friendly conversation here and there and asking very general interview questions. I've had my fingers crossed for the past month, and it took a full month from the day of the interview, to the time HR followed up to me saying they ultimately selected another candidate. Soul crushing result to a great interview experience.

Here are the questions they asked me:
    Why Barclays?
    Why do you want to work in investment banking?
    What responsibilities of this position excite you?
    How do we know you want to stay with Barclays (and not jump to another company)?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!