Bed Bath & Beyond

235 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

Interview Details I applied for the job in store and I Got a call in about a week later. Went in for interview. Talks to three different managers. Got a call and offered the job about a week later. Very friendly and easygoing interview. One on one with managers, they would rotate to ask questions.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Needed better hours.

Store Management Interview

Store Management
Guaynabo, PR (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

Interview Details Easy interview and hiring process. Receive a phone call from recruiters for qualifying candidate. After that 1:1 interview with DM. Offer receive in less than 10 days. Hiring process was fast and quickly. They provide training for easy on boarding. Take longer for adaptation to Store Culture. Interview in same store.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All job related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quickly process for hiring.

Sales Associate/Replenishment Interview

Sales Associate/Replenishment

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward asked if had any experience, can i lift more then 30 pounds with no issues, what is the reason i chose bed bath ( i told them i appreciated the fact they still do paper applications

Interview Question – What do you believe our customers come into bed bath for and why they cant get this anywhere else.
(found out it was our great customer service and how we care so much about safety)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9/hr

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details There are two interviews minimum. One with the human resource manager and one with the district manager. The human resource manager more looked to see if you could succeed within the culture and assesses your customer service skills. The district manager focuses on assessing your management skills and your ability to read and understand reports.

Interview Question – There isn't a difficult question very basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Southaven, MS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2013.

Interview Details I received a phone call from a shift operating manager who said he wanted me to come in for an interview.
I went on the interview only to find another person there with me. The interview was good it only lasted for 30 minutes. I was hired for the job!

Interview Question – Most difficult questions was, "Could I work weekends."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate a proper time to work. The retail industry requires that you work on weekends including Sundays!

Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Visited a local BB&B for the first time to buy some kitchenware, and saw a stack of applications at the front entrance. Had been thinking of getting a part-job, preferably overnight hours. The whole store is a mess so I figured it wouldn't have terribly crazy standards and a time-consuming hiring process like at Target. I filled out the two-page application (they were xerox'ed copies) in my car in the parking lot. Got a call about one week later to come in for an interview Friday afternoon of that week. Arrived that day and waited 15 minutes on the middle of the floor, until the manager came out and took me upstairs -- yes, upstairs along a tiny staircase in the corner of the warehouse -- to where his "office" was. And what an office it was. It looked like it had hurricane had hit it. I sensed the shambolic environment, which surprised me for a brand like BB&B. It was worse than someplace I'd expect like K-Mart. The manager was cordial, asked me the basic rudimentary questions, and 15 minutes later it was all over and I left his warzone -- I mean, office.

Interview Question – Why you want to work at Bed Bath & Beyond, specifically?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through a job search engine. I got an email response asking that I come in. I then filled out a hard copy application and had my first interview. (After working here for a while I realized that applying online was really just a way to get me in the door, I personally assume that the email response is sent out to everyone who applies online. As a company or so I've been told they try to give everyone a chance "They are always hiring.") I had my second interview that same day with a different manager. I was contacted the next day to set up the third interview with the store manager. I was hired within a week or 2.

Interview Question – Scenarios. My third interview with the store manager had a couple scenarios that I wasn't really sure of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are somewhat able to negotiate pay and flexibility of hours. I am a college student and don't work many hours and they are very flexible about that. Also when I originally applied I had a second job and they were willing to work around it.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details The only disappointing thing about the interview process here was the length of time and number of interviews. I went in 4 different interviews with 4 different people over the course of 6 weeks before getting a job offer. Very long and drawn out.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions...my last interview was only 15 minutes long which was confusing to me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Interview is pretty relaxed and easy, I had two interviews. The first interview was with a manager he just went over my application and asked what I did at my preview jobs and went over the company policies. The second interview was with another manager and he just asked what i did at my previous job and why did i want to work there, easy and simple.

Negotiation Details – None, i accepted the salary

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!