Best Buy

1,428 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inventory Specialist Interview

Novi, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in February 2010.

Interview Details Very basic and straight forward. Not difficult at all.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. It went very smooth and quick. I was hired within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – How would you explain to a caveman what a cell phone is a can do?   View Answer

Sales Transaction Assistant Interview

McKinney, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2012.

Interview Details I really was not asked any professional questions.

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details Know your stuff, you will be going over times in the past of how you handled a certain situation, make sure you know what you did, how you did it, and why you did it. It doesn't have to be a positive example showing how great you are, but more like an example that shows how you handled a difficult situation and learned from it. Nobody cares about the great times you had, they care about how they helped the customer and the business. You can't fix one without the other.

Interview Question – I was fortunate and I had pre-read the possible questions, and I was prepared for them all. If you are a current employee of the company then don't hesitate to hunt down the interview guide. They are all in ETK   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Pretty easy interview. A phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews. The process takes too long as you meet with the department supervisor. Next with the customer service manager. Lastly with the general manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Auburn, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details If you are an outgoing individual, you'll get the job. If you are what some would say "socially awkward" there's not a chance. In order to work at Best Buy you have to communicate clearly and be able to solve customer issues swiftly. The interviewer will do their best to see if you are qualified. You also must show interest in new, old, and upcoming technologies (no, loving video games does not check you off on this subject). When I was interviewed for this position I had prior researched the company history, listed every person I know that works there, listed my talents, and made a connection with the interviewer on common hobbies. If you do this you will most likely be hired. Also I'd like to add that if you are only interviewed for 30 min or less you're probably not going to get the job. The interviewer will go beyond the scheduled time if they take serious interest in you.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions for a salesman. You sell yourself the same way you sell your products.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Longview, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2013.

Interview Details It was like a mass hiring, literally. It was for seasonal workers and I believe at least 5 people were interviewed at the same time. They went over out resumes and talked about who was available when and that was pretty much it. Everyone had retail experience already and I had worked at Verizon selling phones so they did not spend too much time asking us questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary at all. In fact, I don't think they really asked us specific questions at all - other than our work availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pretty much said, this is what we pay seasonal workers.

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Interviewing process pretty standard. About 8 situational questions. After applying internally you will know usually next day if you have the position. Most managers are not great interviewers and make it difficult on the interviewee.

Interview Question – What are thee biggest challenges facing the store. Not a terribly hard question but the answer they are looking for is never what it should be.   Answer Question

Mobile Phones Consultant Interview

Burbank, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details Job Fair hire. Orientation on the job and then a separate training for mobile phones associates

Interview Question – A time when your integrity was challenged   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details friendly interviewers, streamlined process to get all paperwork and drug test completed

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy interview questions and advice. All 1,428 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.