Best Buy

Average Difficulty
1,625 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details After applying online, I got a phone call a week later from the manager saying they wanted an interview. It went very smoothly. I interviewed with a supervisor, manager, then the general manager. Process went smoothly. They told me everything I needed to know.

Interview Question – None really. Most of the questions are normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Inventory Specialist
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details I arrived at 12:45pm for my 1pm interview. I wasn't seen until 2pm. I went into the office, their were about 10 employees standing around. When I was introduced to the woman who was supposed to interview me, she didn't even turn around. She didn't know what I was interviewing for. It took 10 more minutes for them to print the correct interview packet.

Interview Question – When the interviewer finally spoke to me, she said, "We start at $11.50 an hour. Can you work with that?"   View Answer

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Best Buy Sales Associate

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Got a call five days after applying to come in for an interview. Had an interview with the Assistant Manager that went well and had an interview with the General Manager on the same day

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details Had 2 interviews one with a manager then second with the GM. Fairly simple questions like how have you dealt with an uncooperative coworker? or why do you want to work here?

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Operations Cashier Interview

Operations Cashier
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a job at the end of June and I received a phone call two weeks later for an interview. I was asked questions about why I wanted to work for Best Buy, my previous experience, what I viewed as good customer service and how I would provide it for each customer. I was also asked to give examples from previous jobs of how I handled different situations and a variety of customers needs. In addition to that I was asked why I thought I would be a good fit for the position I applied for. After my first interview I was called and asked to schedule an interview with the GM three days later. Everything was very straightforward I didn't feel as though there were any trick questions, it also helped having a strong background in sales.

Interview Question – You will need to provide personal experiences and be able to relate them to the job you are applying for. Make sure that you are able to show you are a team player, and that you are willing to go above and beyond for every customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a fair amount and I accepted it, I didn't feel the need to try and negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Computer Sales Specialist
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details Usually a 3-tier interviewing process. Typical questions include: Describe a time when.... , Tell me about yourself, What makes you qualified, What are your strengths and weaknesses... etc.

First interview was with my immediate supervisor, then a manager, then the store's general manager. During the second interview the questions became repetitive and so did my answers, but I got a call for the third interview later that day, so my answers must have been adequate.

Interview Question – All the questions were very simple and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The low-balled the pay rate. I simply asked for more and they spoke with a payroll manager and it was approved.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Duluth, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and two days later, I received an email to call their store to set up an interview with a sales manager. So I called and they told me the time they set my interview for.

It was a pretty typical retail interview, nothing too difficult. Typical questions like "Why do you want to work at Best Buy?", "What department do YOU think you will be best suited for?", "What do you think we should do if an employee is caught stealing?" (ALWAYS say fire them for that question!)

At the end of the interview, the manager informed me that he will set me up for an interview with the general manager. If you get an interview with the general manager, you are pretty much in unless you REALLY mess up somehow. It was a pretty short interview. The GM asked me few of the same questions that the sales manager asked. Then the GM asked me about my availability and after that, she told me their pay rate and that I will get the official job offer in my email.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions...
They ask to tell them about yourself, and certain scenarios like if you catch an employee stealing.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their pay is dependent on your qualifications... I was offered 9.75/Hour. I wasn't given an option to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
North Riverside, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details Did an application online got a call back a week later . Was told I would be interviewing with a manager that ending up not showing up so I interviewed with an assistant store manager and the interview was 5 minutes long .He just asked about my availability , when would i be able to start and if I could past a drug test .

Interview Question – none at all   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details The interview for the General Manager position is a panel interview with anywhere from 4-6 people including the District Manager and other General Managers. Everything else is pretty standard as far as the process. You apply, get scheduled for your interview and deal with the usual nerves.

Interview Question – "Explain the most difficult work-related decision you've had to make." This question is difficult because it really depends on what your audience wants to hear, there really is no right or wrong answer here and you may out-think yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details I found the listing online. So I registered and applied. I attached my resume when I submitted it. They got back to me a week later so I can have in an in person interview. It was straight forward and no questions out of the ordinary. After a week or so they gave me a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!