Best Buy

Updated 30 Jan 2015
1,840 Interview Reviews

2.4

ARA Interview

Very informal, unprofessional interview. Seems to me the managers were very unprofessional and not serious at all. Seemed too young and distracted. Constantly checking their phones and not really caring for what I was saying. Almost as if they were just going through the motions.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied online, got called 2 days after that for a 1:1 interview with Assistant Store Manager. He asked 10 personality questions and 10 situation questions. Common questions like, "Why Best Buy?" so make sure to know why you want the job and what you know about Best Buy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you put someone's best interest ahead of yours.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, pay offered more than decent.

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Filled out the (internal) application. HR called me within a few days and scheduled and interview the with manager of Greek Squad and the Assistant manager of the store. Had the interview with 2 days or being contacted. Interview went well, Basic questions about costumer service and general knowledge of Geek Squad services.

Interview Questions
    • None, all were pretty simple if you are prepared and know what Geek Squad provides as well as having any former costumer service experience.   Answer Question
    None

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

1 phone call
    2 interviews in person
    you will interview with your department manager first and if you seem qualified you will immediately have a second interview with the store manager or the following day

Interview Questions
    • good and bad qualities about yourself. describe a moment of hardshp with an employee and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    never low ball your what you want to get paid.

Connections Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I sat down with an assistant store manager for the initial interview. He started by confirming a few things on my resume and reading my cover letter. He asked about my experience in retail, resolving conflicts, experience working as a team, etc. he said he liked me but the store manager had the final say. I came back two days later to interview with the store manager. He asked pretty much the same questions, asked me about my sales experience and how I felt about being in a competitive environment. Lastly, he asked me what i thought a fair starting salary was. I had read that most people start at 10 so I asked for 11/hr given my years in retail. He accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about a competitive, non-commissioned environment?   Answer Question
    Aim in the 10-12 dollar range and have a good reason.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

easy three step interview process. phone, in store am, then in store gm. hired on spot after second interview. great internal availbilty to move jobs. great managers to become friends with in the smaller box store

Interview Questions
    • hard time with a employee. can be tough if you are a great employee and have no direct examples   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

HR calls you in for an interview and asks you questions about your resume. You get 2 interviews one with your department manager and then the GM on separate days. I think their main focus is your potential in the store and your personality during the interview. If you be yourself than you will have no problem in the interview or in the store.

Interview Questions
    • They basically ask you questions of times in your life that can mimic instances that you might encounter in the store. I have a terrible memory so that was difficult for me.   Answer Question
    After the meeting with the GM the HR called me later and offered me the job. I had to fill out a things online afterwards.

Swat Inentory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online, I believe I was called within 2 weeks of replying, during the phone called I was asked to discuss my background and if I was interested in the position I was then asked to come in an interview with store Manager which was fairly simple basic questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Seasonal time, they called me only a few days after submitting my application. I got to my interview early and waited a long time before they got to me. I only went through one interview which was relatively simple, basic interview questions. They asked me if I could go to a drug screening that same day and I went. I got the job soon after. The hardest interviews were actually the ones they did for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • What is something your proud of? Have your ever achieved or accomplished anything that you felt was worthy of praise?   View Answer
    I was able to ask for slightly above their normal minimum wage due to my previous job's higher pay and manager experience.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Applied online, within a couple weeks was contacted over the phone to come in and do an in person interview. The interview was pretty casual, nothing out of the ordinary. The manager I interviewed with was pretty cool and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a disgruntle customer?   View Answer