Best Buy

1,589 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details More questions about how you handled prior situations with co-workers and what was the outcome. Why do you want to work for Best Buy. When have you gone abpve and beyond for a customer

Interview Question – They were all fairly normal and simple to answer. It was more of a getting to know you experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't accept a job if you are not happy with the pay. Pay is usually determined by experience. If you feel you deserve more than offered, say something!

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Mobile Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online and received a call from hr a few days later. The call was basically a phone interview but pretty formal. I was immediately scheduled for an interview the next day with the manager I would be working under. It was a pretty basic interview with all behavioral questions. He was honest enough to tell me that he Unfortunately interviewed a more qualified candidate but he loved me so much he offered me about her great position, which he said was never done. After getting the paper work together I was scheduled for an interview with the GM two days later which was pretty formal as well and consisted of behavioral questions and a lot of regular talk. He then told me the job was mine after a drug and background test and everything else was done electronically. It honestly was a pretty comfortable interviewing experience.

Interview Question – None, all behavioral questions usually have the same goal to make sure you put customers first, you work hard, and you know what to do under pressure. Just google some and come up with some situations before hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a good hourly rate so I didn't bother to negotiate but I believe they ask you what type of pay are you looking for in the beginning of the process.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Merchandising Specialist
Rego Park, NY (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Two interviews, one with the merchandising specialist and then another day with the store leader.

First interview is basic questions really easy, if they like you and your answers you will be pushed to the next round of interview.

Second interview was the most nerve racking with a more stern face to talk to. He wasn't liking me as much as the the first guy. After the interview he said he'll call me to let me know, NOT ONE PHONE CALL. Talk about professional? That guy sucks.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Sat in the back room and had a series of two interviews in store and one phone interview before I got the job. They asked me a lot of in depth questions. The questions were a mix of easy and hard. Just be confident and have a positive attitude and you'll do well!

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Floor Sales Interview

Floor Sales

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Applied to position online I heard about through several friends that worked there. It took awhile to initially hear back but everything was very quick and succint after the first phone interview. Met with 2 managers for a f2f interview and was offered the job several days later.

Interview Question – How I would prioritize my work schedule with my school work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered more at another job.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Interview Details Basic interview, simple selling questions. Be yourself, if they dont like you for that its not worth your time. Be creative with your answers if you really want the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Orland Park, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details It was very straight forward. No trick questions, just asking why I wanted to work at Best Buy. I was open and honest about having a passion for video games which seemed to interest them greatly.

Interview Question – What would I do if I caught an customer stealing merchandise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, the pay wasn't negotiable though they told me after the season was over I would receive a raise. They told me not to worry, if I do a good job I would be kept.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Low-key interview process. It was all about teamwork and "STAR" based questions and answers. Very straight forward. They were checking to see the depth pif my knowledge in working on teams and my ability to make decisions that result in improved customer service relationships.

Interview Question – Please tell me where you failed and was faced with an yes/no issue that had be solved then and there.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details It was not that complicated. Apply online. Pass the test. Call about an interview, or wait for them to call you. Go to the interview. Be truthful and know why you want to work there.

Interview Question – Why BestBuy?   Answer Question

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Multi Channel Sales Associate

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Was in a small room at the back of the store. There was a manager present. Interview was fairly quick. Just a couple of general questions. I knew there is more than one interview

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced with a customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!