Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
1,723 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Was a typical and easy interview. Interview was a three step process. Done in store. Total time for all 3 interviews was about an hour and one half. Was not difficult and conducted by store management.

Interview Questions
    • Question that asked about a difficult scenario, what made it difficult, how did I overcome it and what were the results.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Loss Prevention, Associate/Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

applied online and was contacted for an interview within forty eight hours. one manager meeting followed by a GM meeting, after completion a background and drug test followed by orrientation

Interview Questions
    • what was a time you struggled and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    no negotiating the 9.50

Business Analyst Interview

Very meticulous with 3 rounds of interviews diving in-depth into day today responsibilities and how my work impacted the project. Different scenarios where I had handled multiple systems integration was discussed. Conflicts resolution and presentation skills were discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement lessons learnt in the next project   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I got the call about the job because an old coworker worked at the store I interviewed at. The magnolia manager called me to come in and talk with him and the home theater manager. I came in, met the managers and went into office to talk. I spent an hour and a half talking with them. After that, they said they had some more interviews and had to discuss this with the GM. I wasn't gone 5 minutes before they asked me to come back to talk with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a sale of a television to a larger basket   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite movies or games to use as demos on TVs   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview went well just your basic everyday situational questions. Also was asked to sell the manager i was having the interview with, to sell him something like a pen. the reason they do this is to see what basic knowledge yo have within selling and customer service.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

From going from part time to full time, you do have to do an interview again with a manager and supervisor. It is basically the same as the inital interview with the same questions, except what can also bring to the team

No Pay Raise

Sales Consultant Interview

phone interview---1st interview in the store will be with an assistant manager...

he will ask easy questions: why choose Best Buy?
    and questions about your experiences...
    3rd interview with the manager....same questions
    upon the last interview they can take the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Sales Team questions...if your responsibility is to sell home theater, would you have the ability to sell any other items ?
      choose a situation where u have been working with an employee that you don't like him
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed and got hired the same day. The interview was pretty simple, it was my first job and first interview. They gave me a form to take the drug test within 72 hours.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

The Best Buy I was interviewed for seemed unorganized as far as the hiring process. Applied online , got a call back about a month later . The call for the interview was kind of unorthodox , meaning I've never been called in for an interview in such a laid back way before . Anyway the interview was set and when I got there the process happened pretty fast. I went in, was asked a few questions and found out I was a "conflict of interest". What I mean I already had a job, and where I work they consider a competitor . I was thinking I could work both jobs part-time but since haven't been called back for my next interview I guess I wasn't considered.So i messed up I think telling them I worked somewhere else , but I had no other experience to use . So just a heads up if you thinking of "moonlighting" it's probably not a good idea to tell them right away .Or maybe it is I'm not really sure what going to happen next I'm still waiting to see how it turns out.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker(s) ?" Right off the bat I though of this one particular lady on my job whose mission is to make my already hard job harder. It really stumped me because I didn't want to say that and I wanted to explain it in the best way possible, but what I said in response I hope was right.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I only had one interview with my GM, as he is my direct supervisor. It was totally straightforward, and I wasn't nervous at all. Everything went extremely smoothly and I was hired a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. Everything was smooth.   Answer Question
    I stupidly accepted the first offer I was given.