Best Buy

1,865 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Got a call from them to set up an in person interview with an assistant manager. They asked the general interview questions for a retail environment. Then a day later got a call back to do a second interview with the store manager, the questions with the store manager were more specific to the department as well as the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help a customer in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview lasted about twenty minutes.
    i was asked questions like... how will you handle a angry customer, tell me a time when u
    handled a difficult task and what did you do etc
    Simple questions about how you will handle possible situations on the job

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a angry customer
      Tell me a time when you handled a difficult task
      How do you update yourself

Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Very nice management and friendly interview process. A lot of the same questions through both of my interviews and they really love to know why you want to work at Best Buy. They get a lot of " I love technology" so try another route. Overall very good.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Very quick. simple questions but seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire. I applied for an inventory job but it seemed like it was a managing inventory position. I have read that they drug test the applicants they are going to hire. Once they did not ask, I knew I did not get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

3 interviews, all long and almost the same questions. Try to be very enthusiastic and energetic about your answers. Go well dressed as that is a major factor in getting the job. Speak clearly and confident and have direct eye contact with interviewer.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Hiring and interviewing process was fairly straight-forward. However, training took longer than expected. The people there ranged from being serious about their jobs to ignoring their responsibilities. I was there when customers blatantly stole items and nobody else noticed - therefore, nothing was done.

Interview Questions
    • Past experiences and what I intend to bring to the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Went in to the store and met with two people at the same time. They asked basic interview questions and seemed to be focused on the team environment. I believe one was the head of mobile sales and the other I have no idea.

Interview Questions
    • What is one way in you previous job that you went above and beyond the job description?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

A series of multiple initial phone calls and then in-person interviews with senior staff, peers and potential subordinates. Was flown in from out of town. Tour of facilities was great, very hip and interesting place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Background qualifications, approach to situations, toughest problem, management style   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Two face to face interviews in store. You must first pass a phone interview before you get an interview in store. Always come dress business professional. Drug and background check needed before hire.

Interview Questions
    No need to negotiate. Pay rate is based on experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Met with HR and was asked the basic people to people and retail questions. They were very interested in scheduling flexibility and potential conflicts. They didn't ask about my past job experiences in general, only a few things like dealing with difficult people. They did ask me if I had stolen from an employer (truthfully said no). We also spent quit a bit of time talking about my interest in technical devices. This was the primary reason I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with someone upset or not satisfied and how did you handle the issue?   Answer Question

I didn't pursue this position because I was concerned my schedule would not be consistent based on the questions asked.