BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Carrier Marketing Manager Interview

Carrier Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2009.

Interview Details Interview over the phone with Singapore and Canada

Interview Question – What was your most effective campaign   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and easy

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Software Engineering Associate
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Question – What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.

Sddddddd Interview

Sddddddd

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details The best part is the work culture which more or less gives you ample personal time for oneself and for one's family. Flexible timings, facility to work from home, freedom to participate in extra curricular and social activities, support for pursuing higher education including monetary and leave support. Working at Oracle means working with freedom and with a feel of security in job!

On the professional front, you have a say in doing things. Most managers, and peers are very accommodating. They listen and value your opinions and approaches. At any level, the management encourages and appreciates taking initiatives and coming up with ideas to solve the problems at hand.

Interview Question – The best part is the work culture which more or less gives you ample personal time for oneself and for one's family. Flexible timings, facility to work from home, freedom to participate in extra curricular and social activities, support for pursuing higher education including monetary and leave support. Working at Oracle means working with freedom and with a feel of security in job!

Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The best part is the work culture which more or less gives you ample personal time for oneself and for one's family. Flexible timings, facility to work from home, freedom to participate in extra curricular and social activities, support for pursuing higher education including monetary and leave support. Working at Oracle means working with freedom and with a feel of security in job!

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Radio Software Integration - Student
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

Interview Details I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Question – Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

Interview Details It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Interview Question – How are list and tuple different in Python?   Answer Question

Software Test Specialist Interview

Software Test Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

Interview Details Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Interview Question – C++ definitions, array reference pointer map   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Question – How would know if a number is divisible by 2?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

Interview Details Lots of technical questions asked. Many programming tasks were presented. Some technical details of older work experience asked. explained about what I would be working for. asked about different programming languages and why i wanted to work for BB.

Interview Question – given a code and asked what multithreading can break in the segment   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Interview Details Very long interview process, two separate full days speaking to 10+ people each day, including managers, directors, and VPs
The individuals themselves were all very caring of the length of time for the interview
All interviewers had a veto on hires. Getting through the interview process is something to be very happy with.
Each of the interviewers were very helpful in describing what they considered the most important aspects of this role.
Offer negotiations with HR were professional and helpful

Interview Question – How do you handle pressure, and demonstrate a situation in which you were required to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate, but the offer was higher than expected so there was very little need.

Statistical Methods Analyst Interview

Statistical Methods Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Phone interview, easy going with 2 people usually one HR and another one in the department that you would be working with. Couple of questions of why you want to work at Blackberry or IT, your experience at your past jobs and your school history. Job was focused on handling big databases and your experience in excel (data validation, general analysis

Interview Question – What type of chart would you use in excel if you had to measure an employee's share of hours on a monthly basis?   View Answer

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!