BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

Interview Question – what have you worked in mobile development ?   Answer Question

Software Release Manager Interview

Software Release Manager
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Question – There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview Details Phone screening followed by on site interview

Interview Question – Operating System concepts, deadlocks, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can negotiate

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds. 1st was HR round and the questions were directly from resume. 2nd Round was Technical, I was asked questions from my academic projects and basic questions from C++.

Interview Question – Difference between Java and C++? Which is faster?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Question – Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Job fair interview.
Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Question – Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."
  View Answer

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview Details Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Question – Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Question – Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Mechanical Designer Internship
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response