BlackBerry

Updated 31 Oct 2014

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2012.

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Wireless IOT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

It was a telephonic interview before onsite.
    The interview was easy. The interviewer was cool and supportive.
    Most of the questions he asked were from resume. He asked me to explain MIMO, difference between spatial diversity and spatial multiplexing, PAPR in OFDMA, ISI mitigation in OFDM, hidden terminal issue, CSMA CA, difference between TCP and UDP, Active states in bluetooth, DNS call flow.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are from my resume. So it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Had another offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

There were 2 rounds. 1st was HR round and the questions were directly from resume. 2nd Round was Technical, I was asked questions from my academic projects and basic questions from C++.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Can negotiate

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

After two applications, I was call for a telephone interview. This was comprised of resume review and technical questions by the in-house recruiter. Next was an in-person interview with two team leads. Both were very friendly and the RIM complex very nice looking. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly technical in nature but also had some of the silly hypothetical questions like "describe how you overcame a obstacle". (This is part of the discredited SARS test that all large organizations still use).

All in all, an ordinary interview process.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult questions are the SARS questions.   Answer Question
    I wanted to leave my current company and wanted to work for RIM so bad that I did not negotiate. They met my minimum salary expectation so I accepted.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

One interview from the hiring manager. Single round.
    Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and discusses Java, C++, Object oriented programming, and my resume.
    Offer was given within the week. Manager had problems ready on google docs but decided not to use them.

Mainly technical questions, and theoretical coding problems.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss Object Oriented Programming principals   View Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

Radio Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Applied online. got a call and interview was completely technical on whats on my resume