BlackBerry Interview Questions & Reviews in United States

Updated Aug 21, 2014
92 interviews

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Wireless IOT Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

It was a telephonic interview before onsite.
    The interview was easy. The interviewer was cool and supportive.
    Most of the questions he asked were from resume. He asked me to explain MIMO, difference between spatial diversity and spatial multiplexing, PAPR in OFDMA, ISI mitigation in OFDM, hidden terminal issue, CSMA CA, difference between TCP and UDP, Active states in bluetooth, DNS call flow.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are from my resume. So it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Had another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackBerry.

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions
    • How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry.

two phone interviews

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackBerry.

First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question