BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014

3.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2011.

Went through a recruitment agency. All new positions are dealt via the regional head office in Hong Kong so the recruiter never gets to meet your eventual manager. I had a phone interview with HR in Hong Kong and then three interviews - one with the hiring manager and two with with senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from HR were the standard behavioral type questions such as "how do you work in a team", "how do you deal with difficult stakeholders" etc. Stakeholder questions were more about what I had accomplished in previous roles.   Answer Question
    It took a week from the final interview to receiving the offer as everything has to go via the Hong Kong office. The recruiter tried to get me to accept for less money, which I refused. The background check is horrendous, they want every tiny detail, including high school contact details (I have been working for 20 years) and pay slips from former employers.

Vice President - GCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

interviewed at BlackRock in November 2010.

3 interviews including country head at time. On the sales side they want to know about relationships and views on markets. if you are confident, seems to be a very big positive.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult at all. I was a client and had very good knoweldge of the firm.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackRock.

Two interviews and a very long drawn process. Was basically offered the job on interview and then fobbed off for weeks. Interviewed more people and kept me waiting. After a month I got the formal offer and pushed me to start as soon as possible, not a great experience!

Client Businesses - Product Management - Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Submitted my resume through Blackrock's career site. Got called to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was half an hour. Pretty much behavioral but tougher questions than usual interviews. Expect to know what different products are offered by Blackrock (e.g What is an ETF). Standard questions as well: Why Blackrock, Top 2 things on your resume, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you've broken the rules and would you do it again?
      Whats the thing you are most proud of that is not on your resume.
        Answer Question

Aladdin Client Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

I had my first round on campus with a VP. The person was nice and asked all behavioral questions. After like 10 days I got Superday. It was 4 interviews back to back plus one group case.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral with some questions about fundamental finance terms   Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

I interviewed with 4 people, two at a time. The first two asked me team oriented questions and the last two asked me knowledge based questions that would be needed for the role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

A few rounds involving resume screening, phone interview, superday. Each step was generally behavioral based. Each interview was with a different person, so questions were fairly consistent and revolved around company knowledge, field knowledge, and group knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why that group in particular was the best fit for me over others.   View Answer

Vice President Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BlackRock.

The interview process is very long and tiring with schedule changes keep happening. This involves speaking with global counterpart and multiple local colleagues. It requires patience and commitment to complete this process.

Relationship Management Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2014.

Entire process from application submission to 2nd round interview took approximately one month. There was a job posting for an analyst position on my university's career board, however, I also had a couple of referrals under my belt. First round was a video submission interview via an external video recording program, took about 15 mins and asked four questions. I was then selected for a virtual interview with someone at the NYC office about a week and a half later. Questions were mainly fit-based and resume based, no technicals.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Why did you choose your specific university and your area of study? 2) Why BlackRock? 3) Talk about a time you were innovative 4) What was your favorite class and why?

What is the degree distance between the minute and hour hands of a clock at 3:15?
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied via College Career Center. Heard back and was asked to submit responses through Montage Video Center. General fit questions like "Why BlackRock," etc. Be sure to know why you are applying to your specific division/group. So far, communications with the recruiters have been very friendly. Still waiting to hear back about this round.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you have had to be creative and how it went.   Answer Question