BlackRock Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

3.4

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

1st round - phone call from HR
    2nd round - VC interview

Was quite rigorous but not many technical questions were asked. mainly background checks and knowing your personality.

Phone call was with the HR manager based in India. She asked basic questions and was rather straightforward.

Second round was a VC interview with a senior associate and a line manager. took about 1 hr for the interview.

Strategic Investments Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2014.

Very good. Best approached through a network rather than a head hunter. Look to interview with the manager and then later with Human Resources. Fast and dynamic firm will hire people if they suit the culture and try and fit them in. Many questions asked. Best if you have an asset management background.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2013.

I was put forward by recruiter for an IT Project Manager role at Blackrock's London office. The first interview with the hiring manager went well, and she said I was exactly the type of person they were looking for.

I was then called for a second interview with the manager of the hiring manager. This person re-scheduled the interview twice at short notice, on one occasion I was almost outside the Blackrock office!

When the second interview finally took place, the interviewer said she didn't know anything about the role and just wanted to have a chat with me about career aspirations and other general questions.

It was difficult to guage how the interview went, but a day later the recruiter phoned to let me know that they weren't going to hire me as I didn't have "publishing" experience. The word "publishing" didn't appear once on the job description and isn't included on my CV either, and the recruiter said they didn't hire anyone for the role.

It was very disappointing that Blackrock wasted so much of my time and then rejected me for not posessing a skill which they never asked for, and I never claimed to have. The recruiter was unable to explain why this happened, but since then, other recruiters have said that Blackrock London is very difficult to place candiates as they are quite fussy and often reject candidates without explanation.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your mother to describe you, what would she say?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
        View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Questions
    • Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2013.

1. Tell me about the Company and the role
    2. Team-work- difficulties and result (use CAR technique)
    3. Are you willing to relocate?
    4. Difficult situation in life and how I dealt with that
    Other competency based questions mainly about team work and leadership skills

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Initial round of interviews were not really interviews at all, more just sanity checks to make sure you weren't insane. After that, 4 or 5 interviews on competency (what projects I've worked on, when have I been challenged - the classics) and a little bit on technical ability. Very simple really. Had to also take a Java test, but that was pretty useless as it was for incredibly specific knowledge - I have a feeling it was an excerpt from the SCJP Java 5 exam.

The final analysts coming out of the process had a very wide range of abilities, so all can apply really!

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide whether a given number is prime or not.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase as it was an entry level position.

Spring Week Analyst PAG Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Sent a copy of CV with a cover letter. Invited to a telephone interview. No hard questions, was asked to talk through CV so would be useful to have that in front of you. Interviewer had a relaxed style and didn't do any brain teasers or mathematical questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!