BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received interview to take montage online interview 6 months after applying. Received offer for first round interview around a month later, consisted of 2x30 min competency interviews with very little technical knowledge required, just general market awareness. Invited to superday which consisted of a group task and presentation and 1 30 minute interview, again competency based. Received offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Half an hour with a VP. Very friendly, more like a conversation than an interview. First went through my resume, asked about the experiences. Then asked the usual behavioral questions, and then some questions regarding the current economy. Not really much on the technical part. The focus was definitely on people skills.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online through its website. First I was asked to record Montage videos at home where I do not need to interact with an actual person. After than I was asked to take three 30 minutes long video interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral; they did not ask much about my skills and abilities.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Entire process took about two months. Screening round was a virtual interview where you simply recorded answers, first round was via Skype and with a director, mainly behavioral questions. The final round was at the office in SF, questions ranged from behavior to some technical, and a few trick questions to see how you think. Everyone was extremely friendly and positive, got a great feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Teach me an economics concept that is normally complex but in a way that someone not attuned to the markets would understand   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it takes them 3 months to come back to me. First round is the Montage video interview, which consists of all standard questions, you can see them beforehand, and have you record for 2 min for each question. It was one off, so make sure you have good connection. You can finish the questions separately, so no need to hurry, plenty of time to prepare. Questions include why blackrock, why this department, when you are innovative, why your university.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Video Interview with set questions, you are given time before every question begins to prepare notes on the topic. The questions are very simple and average, like why BlackRock, why your division, and a time you overcame a challenge. They are very slow at getting back in between stages, taking weeks /months between applying, interviews, and rejection.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ (US)).

Interview

First round was on a a platform called Montage video, where there was nobody on the other side of the video and you just had to record yourself answering three basic questions. Second round was a video interview with one of the Sales Directors. He asked mostly behavioral questions and asked about a few stories on the market and recent news. Still pretty basic. Then I was called in for a SuperDay at the office, where I had 4 30 minute interviews one right after another. Again mostly behavioral and fit questions, but I ended up talking about news in the markets and specific stocks for a fair amount of the interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me where you see opportunities in the market
      What's the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First you will apply online, after about one week, if you meet the minimum requirements for the position, they will ask you to record montage view. They will ask you several questions and you can prepare for ten minutes and record your answer. If you pass that, you will got a webcam interview. After that is the final round, on-site interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked to record interview questions on a website. 6 questions pretty straight forward about why BlackRock, a time when you used innovation, etc. Then, next round was video conference call with two employees. This was more difficult. More finance based questions and explanation of the markets.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2015.

Interview

After submission of application, received an invitation three months later for a one way video interview on Montage Talent. Questions were very basic- why did you choose your degree? why blackrock? Then received an invitation for a phone interview with HR. Questions were CV based questions and also tested language skills- Describe a time in which you had to work with people of different cultures? Describe a situation in which you had difficulties with your team and how did you solve your problem? Received an invitation for a technical based interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your degree/uni?

Why BlackRock?

Why did you choose this position?

How do you keep up to date with the Financial Industry and in particular asset management?

Answer Question