BlackRock

Updated 26 Jan 2015

3.1

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interviewed for the Portfolio Analytics Group. Great experience overall. Did first-round on campus, then went to their office for the Superday. Superday consisted of 4 or 5 (can't remember) 30 min interviews. Pretty sure I didn't get the position because I fumbled a rather basic economic question. But I really liked the company culture and all the people I met, so I applied again this year, for a different group. Make sure you know about BlackRock and what's been going on in the markets.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

I was invited to do the montage interview. Kind of weird, but they were good questions. It has been a week and not heard back from them, but my application account reads "interview scheduled". I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Applied online in september, cv and cover letter, took a few months for the numerical invite to come through, invited to interview in January, didn't make it past the first round

2 interviews lasting about 30 -40 mins. Briefly went through CV, then a couple of competency questions (what makes a good team, what makes a good leader, things like that)

No questions as to why blackrock, why asset mangement etc

The majority of the interview was taken up with brainteasers, some were the kind of brainteasers you come to expect, some were quite off the wall and quite challenging (more ethical and morality questions rather than your standard brainteaser)

Overall I think the interview was difficult to prepare for, one of the harder interviews I've had within markets

Interview Questions
    • 'In the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo attack, if you were the editor of a UK national newspaper, would you publish the cartoons of the prophet?'   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Two rounds of interviews. Each interview had two interviewers. Emphasis on why BlackRock and knowing your resume. Difficulty of interviews will vary depending on the interviewers. HR was very organized and ran a smooth process.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2014.

The first round interview consisted of two thirty minute interviews. One was with the head of PR hence he knew a lot about multiple areas of the business, but didn't know the areas in depth due the nature of the job and his short time at the firm. The second was with an associate in the clients group, which was a more markets based interview. There were CV questions throughout both interviews and a strong emphasis on BlackRock and what differentiates it from its competitors, investment banks etc.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for in-depth responses to certain CV based questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Questions
    • All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question