Blackboard Interview Questions

Updated 20 Aug 2014

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

Had Technical Phone interview and then Face to Face at onsite later on. Interview process was standard. Asked some technical questions and asked some practical scenarios. They just took two days to make the offer and accepted immediately.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company.

I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard in April 2014.

Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with competing priorities?   View Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

It was a short first telephone screening with one of the recruiters in the US. The recruiter told me that I would get feedback until a specific date. Since I had no news I sent two e-mails in a time span of 20 days, to ask about the progress of my application, but the recruiter never replied.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

There was an initial phone interview from their internal recruiter then a couple other phone interviews with senior management of the division you were applying for. Then they bring you into their DC headquarters for a face to face and meet the team.

Interview Questions
    • Doing a role play with two senior managers. Wasn't expecting it, but he said to sell him the product or services of my last job. Act as if they are the decision makers and I was talking to them, in a first meeting scenario. I wasn't prepared for it, but did fine.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

Phone interview, was asked specific details about every skill listed. Face to face, interviewer talked about hockey and 80's bands.

Interview Questions
    Was told that company is a great place to work and that there was all sorts of ways to advance and grow professionally.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this position, after an interview with the recruiter, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I met in person with the hiring manager, and a team of people that I would be working with if I accepted the position. During the interview process, I needed to prepare a non-technical presentation for clients. My presentation skills were critiqued, and ultimately I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would my past experience prepare me for selling a "plug and play"application?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackboard in January 2014.

Phone interview with HR recruiter, then four interviews with two team members, Director or Global Talent Acquisition, and VP of Communications. It took four weeks to go in for the in-person interviews. After the in-person interview, all communications from Blackboard ceased and I have seen the job re-posted twice on job boards. Still have not received an offer or a rejection--even after reaching out to the HR recruiter AND the VP.

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

The first interview was via phone with the immediate manager, it was very relaxed, most of all the manager wanted to know how I would fit in the position, my working style and how much I knew about the market and job responsibilities.

The second (and third) interviews were with the (Senior) Account Executives with whom I would be working and the Director Sales. The interview with the Account Executives were about how much I knew about the customer needs, the trends, the market, and so on while the interview with the Director Sales was more focused in my sales approach.

Interview Questions
    • A mock presentation to measure my presentation / selling skills   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Filled out online application, completed competency test online, had a phone interview and an on site interview is next. The test was pretty easy as long as you are familiar with computers, good grammar and basic math skills. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would assist someone going through the registration process.   Answer Question