Blockbuster

Average Difficulty
117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

Interview Details They asked basic questions to make sure you would show up on time and you were personable. They are looking for people that are dependable and won't steal. They also want to know that you can deal with people and won't yell back at angry customers.

Interview Question – Explain how you would react if a customer was upset and started yelling.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Question – Whats your favorite Movie   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and got extra vacation time

Luling, LA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2011.

Interview Details I applied to the job two months before receiving a phone call from the manager of the store. I was called in for the interview the next day after the call. The manager asked me questions about myself and my goals in life and showed me around the store. I was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Prairie Village, Johnson, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in March 2010.

Interview Details I originally had to go through several interviews before finally getting hired on. Back in the day you would get a job offer then have to attend a new hire class before starting.It took most people about 3 or 4 weeks to get used to the flow of the job.

Interview Question – Probably expected but having to "sell" a stapler to the manager.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Yuba City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

Interview Details I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Question – What was your worst customer service experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

Sales Associate - Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Question – How do you feel about R-rated movies   View Answer

Area Training Manager Interview

Area Training Manager
Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2010.

Interview Details Little to no interview structure for any position. Just a list of "do not ask" questions, and then go off of your "gut" feelings.

Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Interview Details Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Question – If you had a weakness, what would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Manager Interview

Manager
Phila, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2010.

Interview Details Had a phone screen, followed quickly by a face to face interview; hired within a week, and started the following week.

Interview Question – Don't recall any specifics.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Question – "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   View Answer

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!