Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014

3.1

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First rounds went smooth, no unexpected questions as I read everything here. They don't focus on anything technical, all that matters is sales experience I think. All in all quick process, they let me know fairly fast each time.

Interview Questions
  • If interest rate goes up, what happens to bond prices   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Applied on company website.. received interview confirmation the next day.. Very professional approach in standardised manner.. 1st round is telephonic by the TL.. The question asked was generic to gauge the interest of the candidate in the position and the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
    2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
    3rd round: soon

Interview Questions
    • What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

It was very straight forward and much like many of the reviews already on Glassdoor. Applied online on the website and received a screening call a few days later where the recruiter (from Hong Kong) asked the basic questions about why I wanted to work for Bloomberg and why that particular role. I then had a first interview with the manager of their Singapore analytics department.

The interview itself was quite good, nothing out of the left field, but maybe that's because I went through the entire interview reviews tab on this site. She asked me what I knew about the current financial market and in particular about the Cyprus Crisis (which was in the news at the time) and then asked about my background in sales/analytics which I was able to answer quite well. She then asked me to sell her an iphone when she was a Blackberry user, which I had anticipated so I didn't struggle there.

The office that I interviewed in was spectacular! I'm in Sydney and the views were amazing and the staple open pantry looked even better in person. Lots and lots of glass, there were not any meeting rooms with an opaque wall, there were only a handful of people I saw on the floor and the atmosphere was a little subdued, quiet but very professional.

If I had any advice to give, it is that you should come across as being enthusiastic about the role and the company without looking like a cheerleader. Back up your reasons for being passionate about the job and intersperse your answers with linking positive points about Bloomberg that you would like to utilise your skills for. I find that having a chat with the interviewer about their experiences within Bloomberg is a good question to build rapport with them and perhaps give you an idea of what type of technical questions they might ask you if you know which department they came from.

One thing though, I didn't hear back from my recruiter for more than two weeks and finally got an email about my final interview and then took another week for them to schedule that. Bloomberg is a massive company so don't be discouraged if there is a lapse between your interview and the outcome as I'm sure they have other things to focus on. I have my final interview in a couple of days and I hope I can impress them.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an iphone when I am a Blackberry user.   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described.
    In-house was structured in such a way that no question was neutral. (Ie. Not "why we should hire you", but rather "Honestly, from your Cv I can't see why should we hire you").
    I guess they want to see how you cope with stress.

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would Tesco use our terminal? Who would you target there if you were to try and sell one?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Three rounds of interview: the first one was a phone interview, the second one was a panel interview, and the third one was an one-to-one. In general, the interview process was quite quick, I knew my interview result within 2 days. Interviewers were quite friendly. The interviews focused a lot on asking about my cv.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to study your current course, but not maths? Since you said you like to calculate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

They have very inefficient and disorganised recruitment process lol I applied in August and heard nothing until mid-September. Then I got invited to a telephone interview, nothing for 2 weeks after that (so thought i had failed) then got invited for an in-house interview. Still waiting to hear back from them. They said there would be 2 more interviews, so telephone + 3 interviews..quite hectic.

1. Telephone interview
    Very quick, manager of a department, seemed very busy and uninterested in what I say.
    - Do you have any sales experience, etc.

2. In house-interview
    -Why financial services and not banking
    -what other firms have you applied to
    - any customer service experience
    - rate your financial knowledge in 1-10 (don't say 10, they just want this for follow-up questions)
    - what is a market cap
    - what is credit default swap
    - what's ur understanding of this role

The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • scenario questions (if you had this client acting this way and another acting this way, what would you do and in which order?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through Bloomberg website - Received email correspondence to book me in for a telephonic interview - 15 min interview discussing about walk through CV, what do you know about Bloomberg and role - was invited for a face to face interview at Bloomberg London

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions related to Fixed Income & Derivatives   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Applied online and it took 3 days for HR to contact me to set up a telephone interview.
    The telephone interview lasted 15 minutes and surprisingly was not from HR but a manager within the sales department. I had not prepare for this.
    The questions the interviewer asked were mainly about my previous experiences, why Bloomberg, why sales ... general questions.
    The next step is a more deep 1-hour F2F interview but I was not short-listed anyway (received a reply back in one business day instead of 3 business days).

Interview Questions
    • To which type of companies would you sell Bloomberg terminals to?   Answer Question