Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

192 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First round interview was actually asking some basic informations, like your previous work experiences and some personal preferences of workplace. Hr just basically went through the whole resume that you provided with you, and asked you to explain the particular work you have done before in detail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First rounds went smooth, no unexpected questions as I read everything here. They don't focus on anything technical, all that matters is sales experience I think. All in all quick process, they let me know fairly fast each time.

Interview Questions
    • If interest rate goes up, what happens to bond prices   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Applied on company website.. received interview confirmation the next day.. Very professional approach in standardised manner.. 1st round is telephonic by the TL.. The question asked was generic to gauge the interest of the candidate in the position and the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
    2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
    3rd round: soon

Interview Questions
    • What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

It was very straight forward and much like many of the reviews already on Glassdoor. Applied online on the website and received a screening call a few days later where the recruiter (from Hong Kong) asked the basic questions about why I wanted to work for Bloomberg and why that particular role. I then had a first interview with the manager of their Singapore analytics department.

The interview itself was quite good, nothing out of the left field, but maybe that's because I went through the entire interview reviews tab on this site. She asked me what I knew about the current financial market and in particular about the Cyprus Crisis (which was in the news at the time) and then asked about my background in sales/analytics which I was able to answer quite well. She then asked me to sell her an iphone when she was a Blackberry user, which I had anticipated so I didn't struggle there.

The office that I interviewed in was spectacular! I'm in Sydney and the views were amazing and the staple open pantry looked even better in person. Lots and lots of glass, there were not any meeting rooms with an opaque wall, there were only a handful of people I saw on the floor and the atmosphere was a little subdued, quiet but very professional.

If I had any advice to give, it is that you should come across as being enthusiastic about the role and the company without looking like a cheerleader. Back up your reasons for being passionate about the job and intersperse your answers with linking positive points about Bloomberg that you would like to utilise your skills for. I find that having a chat with the interviewer about their experiences within Bloomberg is a good question to build rapport with them and perhaps give you an idea of what type of technical questions they might ask you if you know which department they came from.

One thing though, I didn't hear back from my recruiter for more than two weeks and finally got an email about my final interview and then took another week for them to schedule that. Bloomberg is a massive company so don't be discouraged if there is a lapse between your interview and the outcome as I'm sure they have other things to focus on. I have my final interview in a couple of days and I hope I can impress them.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an iphone when I am a Blackberry user.   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Singapore office - first round interview through internal referral - questions focused on a particular assignment in my CV rather than my strengths and weaknesses followed by role playing.
    Speak confidently, concisely and be relaxed. Ended on a positive note but didn't receive the offer.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st online application. 2nd HR Phone interview after online application. Duration 30mis: walk thru your CV, talk about a current topic from finance, why Bloomberg? why analytics? which add-ons are there for the terminal? which competitors are there for the terminal? etc...

Interview Questions
    • you are in sales resp. for 200 clients, one of your clients decides to cancel their terminals, what do you do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First Round - Phone Interview
    Very standard and friendly. I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume and then answer why I want to work for Bloomberg. A week later I received an email inviting me to the HQ for an interview.

Second Round - In-house Interview
    The in-house interview consists of a demonstration of the terminal, 2, one on one interviews (30 mins each) and a tour of the headquarters. Again, the interview questions are pretty standard:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why finance?
    Why sales?
    Tell me about a time when you were bold.
    Sell me your favorite sport
    How does the terminal benefit oil companies?

Exactly one month later I got an email stating that I had one more interview in-house.

Third Round - Inhouse Interview
    This round is the final and toughest round so you better bring your A game. It consists of shadowing a current employee for half hour. So ask a lot of questions about what he/she is doing. Then two rounds of interviews. The first with 2 team leaders and the last with a manager. The interviews with the team leaders and managers are a mixture of standard fit questions but they can get very technical.They'll ask you questions like:

What's going in the markets?
    How do you think that affects Bloomberg?
    What would you do if you didn't have to worry about money?

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in a company that is about to IPO?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, standard offer which is competitive and the benefits are good.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was contacted by HR a couple days after I applied for a phone interview. Just basic questions. Then I was invited for a 2nd round interview in NY. Included tour of the building, shadowing an analyst, then interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me something thats not on your resume, talk about a current even being covered in the news right now   Answer Question