Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 11 Nov 2014

3.1

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First rounds went smooth, no unexpected questions as I read everything here. They don't focus on anything technical, all that matters is sales experience I think. All in all quick process, they let me know fairly fast each time.

Interview Questions
  • If interest rate goes up, what happens to bond prices   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Applied on company website.. received interview confirmation the next day.. Very professional approach in standardised manner.. 1st round is telephonic by the TL.. The question asked was generic to gauge the interest of the candidate in the position and the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
    2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
    3rd round: soon

Interview Questions
    • What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

It was very straight forward and much like many of the reviews already on Glassdoor. Applied online on the website and received a screening call a few days later where the recruiter (from Hong Kong) asked the basic questions about why I wanted to work for Bloomberg and why that particular role. I then had a first interview with the manager of their Singapore analytics department.

The interview itself was quite good, nothing out of the left field, but maybe that's because I went through the entire interview reviews tab on this site. She asked me what I knew about the current financial market and in particular about the Cyprus Crisis (which was in the news at the time) and then asked about my background in sales/analytics which I was able to answer quite well. She then asked me to sell her an iphone when she was a Blackberry user, which I had anticipated so I didn't struggle there.

The office that I interviewed in was spectacular! I'm in Sydney and the views were amazing and the staple open pantry looked even better in person. Lots and lots of glass, there were not any meeting rooms with an opaque wall, there were only a handful of people I saw on the floor and the atmosphere was a little subdued, quiet but very professional.

If I had any advice to give, it is that you should come across as being enthusiastic about the role and the company without looking like a cheerleader. Back up your reasons for being passionate about the job and intersperse your answers with linking positive points about Bloomberg that you would like to utilise your skills for. I find that having a chat with the interviewer about their experiences within Bloomberg is a good question to build rapport with them and perhaps give you an idea of what type of technical questions they might ask you if you know which department they came from.

One thing though, I didn't hear back from my recruiter for more than two weeks and finally got an email about my final interview and then took another week for them to schedule that. Bloomberg is a massive company so don't be discouraged if there is a lapse between your interview and the outcome as I'm sure they have other things to focus on. I have my final interview in a couple of days and I hope I can impress them.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an iphone when I am a Blackberry user.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described. Why do you want to work here? / Why Bloomberg; What do you know about Bloomberg?;

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell Bloomberg to a group of strangers in a room when you have no time to prepare at all?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviews were fast and efficient. Why Bloomberg and why role was the most prominent. Talk about having sales or customer related experiences. Try to show you are passionate about the firm and know its history. Know competitors and be able to pitch why BBG is the better option. Also make sure you can tell them how you would convince corporates that the BBG terminal is a value add as opposed to a cost. Also have an idea of new markets for BBG to explore.

Interview Questions
    • Role play involving multiple requests for help while at the terminal. One from trader, one from Bank of England analyst and another from hedge fund.   View Answer

Glorified call centre

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Received interview invitation a week after I submitted my online application. They asked for my availability for interview at Hong Kong. Immediately after I replied them, I was being informed to attend the interview three days after. During the interview, we were divided into four groups with random seating. The interview was separated into few parts and lasted for one and a half hour. Firstly, everyone had a short 30seconds introduction of themselves. Then the current employees introduced the background of the company. Next we have group discussion on fishy tale ranking and current issue. At the end we conducted debate between each groups.

Telephone interview.
    Questions are mostly motivational, such as why you choose us? why this department? She also asked about recent news. I did not prepare too much on the news but she asked a number of questions in relation to the news, so make sure you are fully prepared on what you want to talk about. Then she asked me about my sales experience but unfortunately I don't have any. After that she asked me whether I am interviewed by other companies and asked me the names of them!!! She did not ask any further questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you being interviewed by other companies? Who are they?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Applied online (few basic questions of why Bloomberg, why me). Got an invitation for a telephone interview on the next day. An initial email communication was held with HR department, however I was interviewed by the manager of department. An interview lasted for 20 minutes and was generally pretty easy.
    I'm expected to hear from them within a week. Therefore no feedback on interview's success or failure.

Interview Questions
    • What non-financial companies would be interested in company's products and services?   Answer Question
    • Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work for Bloomberg rather for any other buy-side companies?
      As I'm doing a bit of spread trading the question was related to my strong choice and preference for Bloomberg rather then my desire of pursuing a career in trading.
        View Answer
    • What challenges do financial data providers face at the moment?   Answer Question