Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

112 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Interview Question – weird sales hypotheticals   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

Interview Details 1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
3rd round: soon

Interview Question – What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details It was very straight forward and much like many of the reviews already on Glassdoor. Applied online on the website and received a screening call a few days later where the recruiter (from Hong Kong) asked the basic questions about why I wanted to work for Bloomberg and why that particular role. I then had a first interview with the manager of their Singapore analytics department.

The interview itself was quite good, nothing out of the left field, but maybe that's because I went through the entire interview reviews tab on this site. She asked me what I knew about the current financial market and in particular about the Cyprus Crisis (which was in the news at the time) and then asked about my background in sales/analytics which I was able to answer quite well. She then asked me to sell her an iphone when she was a Blackberry user, which I had anticipated so I didn't struggle there.

The office that I interviewed in was spectacular! I'm in Sydney and the views were amazing and the staple open pantry looked even better in person. Lots and lots of glass, there were not any meeting rooms with an opaque wall, there were only a handful of people I saw on the floor and the atmosphere was a little subdued, quiet but very professional.

If I had any advice to give, it is that you should come across as being enthusiastic about the role and the company without looking like a cheerleader. Back up your reasons for being passionate about the job and intersperse your answers with linking positive points about Bloomberg that you would like to utilise your skills for. I find that having a chat with the interviewer about their experiences within Bloomberg is a good question to build rapport with them and perhaps give you an idea of what type of technical questions they might ask you if you know which department they came from.

One thing though, I didn't hear back from my recruiter for more than two weeks and finally got an email about my final interview and then took another week for them to schedule that. Bloomberg is a massive company so don't be discouraged if there is a lapse between your interview and the outcome as I'm sure they have other things to focus on. I have my final interview in a couple of days and I hope I can impress them.

Interview Question – Sell me an iphone when I am a Blackberry user.   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details Had an initial phone interview with HR. Very quick and easy. Go over resume. What do you know about the role? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg? Then I got contacted to go up to New York for second round interview. Shadowed an analyst for an hour, had an hour interview with two people, then toured the building for an hour. During interview had to sell a new iPhone app I just bought, answer some what if scenarios about time management and prioritizing. Overall not bad. Got asked to come back in the afternoon for final round. Interviewed with one senior director. Much tougher than the previous interviews. Had to make another sales pitch. Asked how many computers do you think Bloomberg owns around the world.

Interview Question – How many computers do you think Bloomberg owns globally?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details I applied online on february 2014 and after three or four weeks I was contacted by email and they asked me when it was possible to schedule an interview. After the interview was booked, I had the interview. It was about my knowledge of the role and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – A question asking me to explain how financial markets behave.   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Easy interview, very basic. The lady was very kind and asked general questions about my background and my knowledge of finance. most of the interview is centered on your knowledge of the work - that's basically customer service. I've also been asked of my life ambitions in 5 years time

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details Application form- telephone interview- 1h shadowing and 1h panel interview- final interview
Telephone interview: straight forward. Why bloomberg?, values?, competitors?
Panel interview: was a bit trickier. In general they want you to develop almost everything you touch on. This enables you to direct the conversation. So know your stuff and background. I was asked about derivatives, previous experience and why I do not want to work there, what bloomberg differentiates from competition, they will also test your language skills, who are bloomberg customers, what is bloomberg legal, why would an investment bank buy terminals, and a couple other things. Overall the bloomberg interview was one of the more difficult ones in my view. If you make sure you mention things you really know you will be able to easily impress them because they follow your lead.

Interview Question – Sell bloomberg terminals to a swiss start up who does not agree on fees and contract duration.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details First telephone interview was pretty basic- why bloomberg, why this role, what do I know about the products offered etc.
Next round I believe was a bit harder. They asked me to pitch the terminal to a reuters user.

Interview Question – why would a researcher buy terminal over fact set ( which is super cheap in comparison )
How can a corporation hedge currency risk using bbg?
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details The interview is three steps. First, phone interview. Second, 1 hour video interview if you are not in the UK. Third, they will fly you into London to do a face to face. Each interview you do will be with people of higher position. This starts from team member to regional heads. Be prepared to know what makes Bloomberg different.

Interview Question – Can you tell me what is Bloomberg's greatest industry penetration in a specific country?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Got a phone interview 3 days later, which was relaxed and had mainly basic questions. Then got invited to attend an interview the next day. It was a long process, and they emphasised the ability of salesmanship. Some questions were challenging, but weren't intended to catch me out. I think I didn't get the job due to my lack of sales experience and sales tactics.

Interview Question – Sell me your Blackberry over my iPhone.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics interview questions and advice. All 112 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.