Bloomberg L.P.

1,603 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Position Interview

Sydney

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Applying online was very easy and the questions for the application were very standard.
Had a telephone interview with someone in London. They mainly asked behavioral questions and what you know about Bloomberg and their competitors. The questions were repetitively simple in nature and the interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – What do you know about Bloomberg's competitors?
What is good customer service?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Interview Question – weird sales hypotheticals   Answer Question

Bloomberg Analytics and Sales Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details The phone interview was fairly basic with a HR representative just a little bit about me and nothing too unexpected.

The second interview expanded on this phone interview. Was a hard style interview with many technical questions, and where you are unsure they try to press you on the issue.

Good to able to think on your feet and have knowledge on international financial markets.

Covered expected behavioral questions on why you want to work for Bloomberg, this position specifically, and what makes you a good candidate.

Interview Question – Technical question on credit default swaps   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

Interview Details 1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
3rd round: soon

Interview Question – What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details It was very straight forward and much like many of the reviews already on Glassdoor. Applied online on the website and received a screening call a few days later where the recruiter (from Hong Kong) asked the basic questions about why I wanted to work for Bloomberg and why that particular role. I then had a first interview with the manager of their Singapore analytics department.

The interview itself was quite good, nothing out of the left field, but maybe that's because I went through the entire interview reviews tab on this site. She asked me what I knew about the current financial market and in particular about the Cyprus Crisis (which was in the news at the time) and then asked about my background in sales/analytics which I was able to answer quite well. She then asked me to sell her an iphone when she was a Blackberry user, which I had anticipated so I didn't struggle there.

The office that I interviewed in was spectacular! I'm in Sydney and the views were amazing and the staple open pantry looked even better in person. Lots and lots of glass, there were not any meeting rooms with an opaque wall, there were only a handful of people I saw on the floor and the atmosphere was a little subdued, quiet but very professional.

If I had any advice to give, it is that you should come across as being enthusiastic about the role and the company without looking like a cheerleader. Back up your reasons for being passionate about the job and intersperse your answers with linking positive points about Bloomberg that you would like to utilise your skills for. I find that having a chat with the interviewer about their experiences within Bloomberg is a good question to build rapport with them and perhaps give you an idea of what type of technical questions they might ask you if you know which department they came from.

One thing though, I didn't hear back from my recruiter for more than two weeks and finally got an email about my final interview and then took another week for them to schedule that. Bloomberg is a massive company so don't be discouraged if there is a lapse between your interview and the outcome as I'm sure they have other things to focus on. I have my final interview in a couple of days and I hope I can impress them.

Interview Question – Sell me an iphone when I am a Blackberry user.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details scheduled to be 2 rounds of phone interview then 2 rounds of tele conferences at their office

Interview Question – So far I passed 2 phones interviews, since its all majors welcome, some non-financial background people might be stuck with the question: what financial instrument are you mostly familiar with? and perform a sales pitch on that   View Answer

Financial Product Sales Intern Interview

Sydney

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview was relatively straight forward. But the one on one interview after that was horrible. The manager was almost 30minutes late and he was very rude, often interrupted me when I answered questions. He asked me a few technical questions which I did not expect as it was an internship position.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview Details Had my phone interview on a Friday morning and was rejected the next Tuesday. Asked my projects and then moved on to technical questions. 1. Two integer arrays, find the numbers that are shared by the two arrays. 2. how to know that a binary tree is a BST?

Interview Question – Not very difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Internship 2014 Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through college recruitment and got the phone-in invitation email from the HR few days afterwards.
The phone interview first started with self-introduction, then why Bloomberg and why this programme. The HR has asked for 6-7 questions. Some of them are quite standard. What they asked are mostly based on what you have answered for the previous questions. The whole process last for around 35 mins.

Interview Question – Use 5 adjectives to describe Bloomberg   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details Technology interview, Very friendly interviewers
Q1, What is a static variable? What is a static function? Think of a case where you can make use of static variable or static function.
Q2, Implement a basic traverse tree in java. Print out the nodes in a tree from left to right/ from right to left.

Interview Question – Tree Traversal   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice. All 1,603 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.