Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
1,785 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward, and the woman was very nice. They asked me questions that are expected, such as why Bloomberg. They also asked why I thought I would be good at a sales role. They expected me to have done some research on the culture at bloomberg.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had difficulty working with a team.   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied - 1 week wait for e-mail about phone interview and time. Few days later had phone interview, on time and very prompt. Straight into questions. Very straight forward questions:
 - Why choose bloomberg
- What attracted you to this role
- What qualities can you bring to us
- Explain what the role of sales and analytic involve at bloomberg

Interview Question – The interviewer gave me a scenario question at the end, something about the terminals. E.g. Bloomberg and jardines have terminals placed, the consultant is forced to do something etc and how would you react as a employee and representative of bloomberg.   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details The whole process was not very stressful. I really enjoyed people at Bloomberg, had great conversations along the way. It felt that I was repeating my self during all interviews. Final stage was very high-pace, covered twice as many questions compared to the previous stages.

Interview Question – Hardest questions were during final interview. Majority of questions were sales-situation questions, such as: imaging arriving at your clients office and seeing 50/50 Bloomberg and Reuters terminals, what would you say to a client, imagine there are only Reuters terminals, what would you say then. Who are the customers, what a bonds, and tell me 3 adjectives that describe you .   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied on company website.. received interview confirmation the next day.. Very professional approach in standardised manner.. 1st round is telephonic by the TL.. The question asked was generic to gauge the interest of the candidate in the position and the company.

Interview Question – Scenario based questions..   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details First rounds went smooth, no unexpected questions as I read everything here. They don't focus on anything technical, all that matters is sales experience I think. All in all quick process, they let me know fairly fast each time.

Interview Question – If interest rate goes up, what happens to bond prices   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics London/Sydney Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics London/Sydney

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details Was emailed to schedule a telephone interview a couple of days after I submitted my CV. Interview went for 20 minutes, where initially they were interested in understanding about you and you're interest in finance. Towards the end of my interview the interviewer tested my knowledge of the company and recent financial news. The interviewer also gave me a sales situation.

Interview Question – Who are Bloomberg's competitors?
What is Bloomberg Tradebook?
Sell me Australia.
  Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Position Interview

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Position
Sydney

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Applying online was very easy and the questions for the application were very standard.
Had a telephone interview with someone in London. They mainly asked behavioral questions and what you know about Bloomberg and their competitors. The questions were repetitively simple in nature and the interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – What do you know about Bloomberg's competitors?
What is good customer service?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Interview Question – weird sales hypotheticals   Answer Question

Bloomberg Analytics and Sales Interview

Bloomberg Analytics and Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details The phone interview was fairly basic with a HR representative just a little bit about me and nothing too unexpected.

The second interview expanded on this phone interview. Was a hard style interview with many technical questions, and where you are unsure they try to press you on the issue.

Good to able to think on your feet and have knowledge on international financial markets.

Covered expected behavioral questions on why you want to work for Bloomberg, this position specifically, and what makes you a good candidate.

Interview Question – Technical question on credit default swaps   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

Interview Details 1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
3rd round: soon

Interview Question – What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!