Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 1 Mar 2015
Updated 1 Mar 2015
2,202 Interview Reviews

3.1

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Job Phone Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

She began the interview with a quick "tell me about yourself". "What do you know about Bloomberg/what products do they sell." "What are your motivations for joining Bloomberg?" "What made you interested in Finance?" "Tell me about some recent Financial news." "Where do you hope to see yourself?" Then a bunch of scenario questions. "What would I say to an investment bank who is closing down their equity department and wants to return a Bloomberg terminal?" "How would I respond to a customer who is very agitated and angry, having a problem with his Bloomberg Terminal. He has already spoken to a few other Bloomberg employees and refuses to tell you the problem." Finally she asked "Where do you go to for financial news and tell me about an interesting article." Ask a few questions at the end and you'll be sweet. I was offered a Skype interview as I am in Sydney and they are in London.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a customer who is very agitated and angry, having a problem with his Bloomberg Terminal. He has already spoken to a few other Bloomberg employees and refuses to tell you the problem.   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First round interview was actually asking some basic informations, like your previous work experiences and some personal preferences of workplace. Hr just basically went through the whole resume that you provided with you, and asked you to explain the particular work you have done before in detail.

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward, and the woman was very nice. They asked me questions that are expected, such as why Bloomberg. They also asked why I thought I would be good at a sales role. They expected me to have done some research on the culture at bloomberg.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had difficulty working with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Applied - 1 week wait for e-mail about phone interview and time. Few days later had phone interview, on time and very prompt. Straight into questions. Very straight forward questions:
     - Why choose bloomberg
    - What attracted you to this role
    - What qualities can you bring to us
    - Explain what the role of sales and analytic involve at bloomberg

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer gave me a scenario question at the end, something about the terminals. E.g. Bloomberg and jardines have terminals placed, the consultant is forced to do something etc and how would you react as a employee and representative of bloomberg.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics London/Sydney Interview

Was emailed to schedule a telephone interview a couple of days after I submitted my CV. Interview went for 20 minutes, where initially they were interested in understanding about you and you're interest in finance. Towards the end of my interview the interviewer tested my knowledge of the company and recent financial news. The interviewer also gave me a sales situation.

Interview Questions
    • Who are Bloomberg's competitors?
      What is Bloomberg Tradebook?
      Sell me Australia.

Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First rounds went smooth, no unexpected questions as I read everything here. They don't focus on anything technical, all that matters is sales experience I think. All in all quick process, they let me know fairly fast each time.

Interview Questions
    • If interest rate goes up, what happens to bond prices   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

The whole process was not very stressful. I really enjoyed people at Bloomberg, had great conversations along the way. It felt that I was repeating my self during all interviews. Final stage was very high-pace, covered twice as many questions compared to the previous stages.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest questions were during final interview. Majority of questions were sales-situation questions, such as: imaging arriving at your clients office and seeing 50/50 Bloomberg and Reuters terminals, what would you say to a client, imagine there are only Reuters terminals, what would you say then. Who are the customers, what a bonds, and tell me 3 adjectives that describe you .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Applied on company website.. received interview confirmation the next day.. Very professional approach in standardised manner.. 1st round is telephonic by the TL.. The question asked was generic to gauge the interest of the candidate in the position and the company.

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applying online was very easy and the questions for the application were very standard.
    Had a telephone interview with someone in London. They mainly asked behavioral questions and what you know about Bloomberg and their competitors. The questions were repetitively simple in nature and the interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Bloomberg's competitors?
      What is good customer service?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....