Bloomberg L.P.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Analytics Interview

Sales and Analytics
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details The whole process was not very stressful. I really enjoyed people at Bloomberg, had great conversations along the way. It felt that I was repeating my self during all interviews. Final stage was very high-pace, covered twice as many questions compared to the previous stages.

Interview Question – Hardest questions were during final interview. Majority of questions were sales-situation questions, such as: imaging arriving at your clients office and seeing 50/50 Bloomberg and Reuters terminals, what would you say to a client, imagine there are only Reuters terminals, what would you say then. Who are the customers, what a bonds, and tell me 3 adjectives that describe you .   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied on company website.. received interview confirmation the next day.. Very professional approach in standardised manner.. 1st round is telephonic by the TL.. The question asked was generic to gauge the interest of the candidate in the position and the company.

Interview Question – Scenario based questions..   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details First rounds went smooth, no unexpected questions as I read everything here. They don't focus on anything technical, all that matters is sales experience I think. All in all quick process, they let me know fairly fast each time.

Interview Question – If interest rate goes up, what happens to bond prices   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics London/Sydney Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics London/Sydney

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details Was emailed to schedule a telephone interview a couple of days after I submitted my CV. Interview went for 20 minutes, where initially they were interested in understanding about you and you're interest in finance. Towards the end of my interview the interviewer tested my knowledge of the company and recent financial news. The interviewer also gave me a sales situation.

Interview Question – Who are Bloomberg's competitors?
What is Bloomberg Tradebook?
Sell me Australia.
  Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Position Interview

Financial Product Sales and Analytics - London/Sydney Position
Sydney

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Applying online was very easy and the questions for the application were very standard.
Had a telephone interview with someone in London. They mainly asked behavioral questions and what you know about Bloomberg and their competitors. The questions were repetitively simple in nature and the interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – What do you know about Bloomberg's competitors?
What is good customer service?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details a lot of interviews, 4 or 5 is common but every interview asks the same questions so just remember what they asked in the first one....

Interview Question – weird sales hypotheticals   Answer Question

Bloomberg Analytics and Sales Interview

Bloomberg Analytics and Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details The phone interview was fairly basic with a HR representative just a little bit about me and nothing too unexpected.

The second interview expanded on this phone interview. Was a hard style interview with many technical questions, and where you are unsure they try to press you on the issue.

Good to able to think on your feet and have knowledge on international financial markets.

Covered expected behavioral questions on why you want to work for Bloomberg, this position specifically, and what makes you a good candidate.

Interview Question – Technical question on credit default swaps   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

Interview Details 1st round: 1 on 1 (in person)
2nd round: 3 on 1 (via skype)
3rd round: soon

Interview Question – What feedback did you get from your current employer recently?   Answer Question

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details It was very straight forward and much like many of the reviews already on Glassdoor. Applied online on the website and received a screening call a few days later where the recruiter (from Hong Kong) asked the basic questions about why I wanted to work for Bloomberg and why that particular role. I then had a first interview with the manager of their Singapore analytics department.

The interview itself was quite good, nothing out of the left field, but maybe that's because I went through the entire interview reviews tab on this site. She asked me what I knew about the current financial market and in particular about the Cyprus Crisis (which was in the news at the time) and then asked about my background in sales/analytics which I was able to answer quite well. She then asked me to sell her an iphone when she was a Blackberry user, which I had anticipated so I didn't struggle there.

The office that I interviewed in was spectacular! I'm in Sydney and the views were amazing and the staple open pantry looked even better in person. Lots and lots of glass, there were not any meeting rooms with an opaque wall, there were only a handful of people I saw on the floor and the atmosphere was a little subdued, quiet but very professional.

If I had any advice to give, it is that you should come across as being enthusiastic about the role and the company without looking like a cheerleader. Back up your reasons for being passionate about the job and intersperse your answers with linking positive points about Bloomberg that you would like to utilise your skills for. I find that having a chat with the interviewer about their experiences within Bloomberg is a good question to build rapport with them and perhaps give you an idea of what type of technical questions they might ask you if you know which department they came from.

One thing though, I didn't hear back from my recruiter for more than two weeks and finally got an email about my final interview and then took another week for them to schedule that. Bloomberg is a massive company so don't be discouraged if there is a lapse between your interview and the outcome as I'm sure they have other things to focus on. I have my final interview in a couple of days and I hope I can impress them.

Interview Question – Sell me an iphone when I am a Blackberry user.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details scheduled to be 2 rounds of phone interview then 2 rounds of tele conferences at their office

Interview Question – So far I passed 2 phones interviews, since its all majors welcome, some non-financial background people might be stuck with the question: what financial instrument are you mostly familiar with? and perform a sales pitch on that   View Answer

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!