Bloomingdale's

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.4

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and within a few days i recieved an email to set up a time and date to schedule for a group interview. Group interview questions where not difficult to answer however everyone there (5-6 applicants) applied all for different positions. So no one seemed to interact well since everyone had different interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better opportunity elsewhere

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online. Got an automated email response that day inviting me for a group interview the next week. 4-5 other interviewees. Very laid back and informal. Got hired on the spot after background screening, but as a holiday hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job? Tell me about yourself. Why bloomingdale's/retail? What is your favorite designer?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

It takes around 2 weeks to interview and get hired. The initial interview is with a group and then the next is with your department manager. In the group interview there was about 15 people and they asked various questions as they skipped around the room.

Interview Questions
    • Where do I see myself in 5 years or the future?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate at first. Although I was hired as seasonal I was asked to stay become Full Time after Black Friday.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied through my University, did 2 1:1 interviews back to back on campus. Got called back to do an onsite in New York, had 3 1:1 interviews, lunch, retail math test, and group project. The people in HR are great and it was all well organized, if you're prepared it's not bad at all. They also have you shadow a person in the buying program. They emphasize that they want to see if you would be a good fit but also to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about specific fashion trends, and about Bloomies in the news and what was going on with the company. Do your research.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I went a total of 3 times, its seasonal so I'm guessing they were trying to meet a quota because my 1st interview which got me scheduled for a 2nd was short. I was offered a different job than the one I applied for. I was told the common interview practice "tell me about yourself" asked have I ever worked in retail. Asked what did I do at a specific job, specifically. 2nd interview was better than the first, honestly best interview I ever had in my life. The interviewing woman made me feel so comfortable.

Seconal Sales Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First part is an group interview. You are there with 10 plus people and are asked a bunch of questions. Then you go home and wait for an email asking to interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • With a group you cannot really sell your self as an individual.   Answer Question
    No negotiatiion.

Holiday Selling Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks but I got an email to schedule an interview. First met with a group of 6 people and two managers. Then we were sent back outside and recalled to meet with the two of them individually. If they decided to follow up with you they will let you know right there as I seen most of the group go in and right back out the door. I was sent back out to wait for another manager of the store and then another! Although I was going for a seasonal position she offered me a permanent part time position!

No negotiations. Base plus commission

Seamstress Alteration Interview

Group setting, very comfortable environment. Asked for everyone to engage. Could see your personality through your answers. Was very friendly and pleasant. Gave us info on flexibility and responsibilities.Emphasized the importance of teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to an angry customer?   View Answer

Gift Wrapping Interview

It's was kind of stressful but I personally think it wouldn't be a hard job I wasn't prepares for those kind of questions said given to me id wish iv had practiced more with the question but theirs always a next time

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with satisfying customers when things get ruff   Answer Question

Bloomingdales Seasonal Job/Holiday Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

I filled the application and within a couple of days I was sent a email to set up a date for an interview. The interview consisted of me a 7 other people were were asked five questions. These five questions were.
    -Tell me about yourself and previous experience you had.
    -Tell me a time you went out of your way to please a customer.
    -Tell me a time went to a store and their customer service went of their way to please you.
    -Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.
    -Tell me which celebrity influenced you or designer in fashion.

Then we were taken back out in the seating area while managers took each one of us separately and asked us questions like.
    -In your previous job experience what did you like the most about the job
    -What did you like the most about your manager and what do you think is a good manager
    -What job do you feel most comfortable doing
    -Why apply to Bloomingdales
    -What times works best for you.

Interview Questions
    • What shopping experience was the most memorable in that the worker went out of their way to service you.   Answer Question