Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomingdale's
- Sales Associate (68)
- Sales Professional (18)
- Sales Specialist (10)
- Merchant Assistant (9)
- Executive Development Program (7)
- Assistant Buyer (7)
- Merchandiser (6)
- Sales Manager In Training (6)
- Seasonal Sales Professional (5)
- Commissioned Sales Associate (5)
- Sales Manager (5)
- Visual Stylist (4)
- Department Manager (4)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- Bloomingdales Sales Professional (4)
- Luxury Linens Sales Associate (3)
- Sales (3)
- Sales Support Associate (3)
- Loss Prevention Detective (3)
- Visual Merchandiser (3)
- Store Manager (2)
- Recovery (2)
- Merchandising (2)
- Buying (2)
- Loss Prevention Manager (2)
- Cosmetics Business Manager (2)
- Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) (2)
- Beauty Advisor (2)
- Cosmetics Sales (2)
- EDP (1)
Sales Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY (US)).
6 interviews, starting in local store and then travel to New York. Interviews were behaviorally based and scripted.
- none Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's
Sales Manager InterviewAccepted OfferEasy InterviewAccepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.
Meet with HR first and then meet with either department manager, general manager or both.
- Standard behavioral questions- name a time something went wrong and how you turned it around Answer Question
Sales Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.
The hiring process took a week. I received an email to schedule an interview within 2 days of applying online. When I showed up at the first allotted time, the HR manager (my interviewer) was not present. They rescheduled the interview for next day. There were 4 interviews within two days. Basic and easy going questions. The staff was very friendly.
- How would you handle an unpleasant situation with an associate working under you? Answer Question
Sales Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2010.
3 rounds of interview. Initial face to face interview with store manager, second round in-store with floor managers and final round with store VP.
- What do you think is most important in successful selling? Answer Question
Sales Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a day – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.
I met with the HR Manager for a Sales Manager position. Overall, the culture of the store and the company appear to be very positive and friendly. The hot button seems to be customer letter scores and making sure they meet the company directive of 85% or better. The put a strong emphasis on "clientelling," getting contact data from customers and following up with them on a regular basis, in the hopes they become regular clients.
- Describe an experience where you had to coach an employee on buying into a system (meaning, getting them to adhere to company policy)? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review