Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.7

Underwriting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

I talked to a senior underwriter at a campus recruiting event and then was invited to interview at HQ in Detroit. Mostly behavioral questions to see how you think and reason through a problem.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?   Answer Question

Web Editor Interview

Wonderful process. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable and well-spoken. I appreciated her promptness and her ability to conduct an interview. She was interested in who I am and what I know.

Interview Questions
    Simple. An offer, counter-offer, negotiation, acceptance.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Basically filled out online application and waited about week. Got call from pre-screener who asked some very general questions about availability and explained compensation and that position would initially be temporary with possibility of being hired permanent.

Proper interview, was about a week later. Interviewed by managers in one-on-one setting for about 45 minutes. Simple situational questions were asked (How do you deal with irate customers?). Also more in depth questions about work experience.

In hindsight, this was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed your colleagues were calling off in protest of some change?   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Applied online and completed a brief set of prescreening questions. Received a phone call within a couple of days for a phone interview, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally one on-sire interview that included meeting with three employees.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your peers and colleagues were not available to assist.   View Answer
    I was treated well. I was honest about all of the compensating factors and BCBSM exceeded expectations.

Group Processor II Interview

I discussed my previous experience and was asked the basic interview scenario questions i.e. Describe a time when you had to carry out a difficult task. Tell me about your experience working with a team etc.

Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview which occurred 6 months later. Had written off any interview by month 2 to 3. The on-site 1/2 day interview was round robin. Mangers used scripts and I did meet members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine if reported systems information was accurate   Answer Question

Culture was not a good fit

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Applied online and did not hear back for a couple months. Had a Skype interview and there were 4-5 managers there asking questions. All behavioral-based with some accounting questions thrown in as well.

Interview Questions
    • A journal entry question that included unearned revenue   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in September 2014.

Had an online assessment and then had the recruiter call and schedule an interview - had two interviewers who were super nice asking template questions, but they were certainly personable and conversational in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a customer on the phone asking questions that you don't know the answer to?   View Answer

I wasn't offered the initial job - over qualified - they did call back to interview by phone for a different position about 3-4 weeks after the initial interview but since I thought the first interview went really well but didn't hear back from them sooner, I assumed I wasn't being considered further and accepted a position with another company.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in May 2014.

During the online assessment the testing abruptly discontinued and I was sent back to application for submission. However, it clearing read that an incomplete assessment would discount my application. When I sent an email to the company I never received a reply.