Boeing

631 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Materials Engineer Interview

Materials Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boeing in February 2014.

Interview Details Telephone interview first and then face to face interview. Firstly, ask how i know the company and why i want to work for this company? Then ask some technical questions related to my major. Finally, ask what salary level do i expect

Interview Question – How to success in a team environment   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

Interview Details I hired through the accelerated hiring program. I interviewed with three employees that had graduated from my college. They asked five standard behavioral interview questions. The first was why I believed I was qualified for the job. The next two were about how well I work with people from different backgrounds. And the last two were about how my previous work experience.
The interview was about an hour long. It was pretty involved. It definitely helped that I had met two out of three of my interviewers and had lengthy conversations with them before my interview (at a networking event and the career fair).

Interview Question – The question regarding when I had worked with people of different backgrounds kind of threw me off because even though it's something I do everyday, it's not something I actively think about so I couldn't think of a specific scenario to tell them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiation as an intern. Just an offer letter.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Interview Details Extremely brief and over the phone. Very non stressful interview. Although it may be different for hiring interns than with applying for a employee position. The process was a breeze and takes an average amount of time to move through the system just as with any large fortune 500 company.

Interview Question – I wouldn't remember. Probably, why would you be a good fit for working at Boeing?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in December 2013.

Interview Details Boeing uses what they call a structure interview process. They usually ask 5-7 questions in the attribute areas that are described in the job description. I was asked 5 questions. The format of the answer needs to first describe a work or personal experience in the form of a "situation", and then proceed to how you responded to that situation and then the outcome of that situation.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, since they all fit one of the attribute categories in the job description. As long as you have examples you can apply in each attribute category you should be fine.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details Submitted Application, was contacted by 90 days after I submitted application. I was interviewed using a structured interview process. The applicant needs to talk about a situation, what I did and what was the outcome. They are looking specifically for this format. What they are looking for is: during the situation did you or your team see a need to improve upon the situation? If so, what did you do? Then the outcome, did you improve the situation by reducing a financial obligation to the company? Did you improve the situation by reducing steps it took to complete therefore you introduced a lean practice?

Interview Question – The diversity questions aren't usually about what you think it is: Gender, race, nationality. It can be about a different culture you came into or how people perceive differently because they were raised differently than you. Answers to the diversity are usually: I get along with anybody, I like all kinds of people from different races, genders and nationalities.
Think outside the box and come up with an answer in how you might have encountered a different culture than your own and you worked with that person to come up with a compromise or a solution.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate pay or time off. The package they offered was the package they offered

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Question – There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2013.

Interview Details Very long interview-hiring-cycle. Received an email from their corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. More of a conversation/screening resume review rather than formal interview. Received a callback from a different corporate recruiter to set-up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a standard behavioral based (STAR) panel interview led by the hiring manager with two colleagues. No surprises, very straight forward Interview 101 stuff.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you over-promised and under-delivered.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Industrial Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details It was a long process for me (4-6 months) from the time I applied to the day I actually showed up for my first day of work. They follow a Structured Interview Process were all questions require Situation-Action-Result so you need to be prepared.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer with real, past examples with Situation-Action-Result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Manufacturing Engineer I

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in May 2010.

Interview Details I applied to the Boeing company at a NSBE convention my senior year in college. I spoke to a representative about a Manufacturing Engineering position on the 787 dreamliner program and with my fabrication background, they were immediately impressed. I had additional conversation with another representative who help a management position at Boeing and I was asked to return that evening for a 2 part interview for an Engineering I position. The first part of the interview was basic educational questions with a Boeing manager that lasted for about 45 min. After passing that, I returned the next day for a panel situational interview with 3 Boeing Engineering managers. It was intense for a first career interview as a senior. Questions like “describe a situation where you rushed to reach a deadline and how did you deal with it?”

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My first career job out of college. Didnt negotiate.

Systems Design and Integration I/II Interview

Systems Design and Integration I/II
Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in May 2014.

Interview Details applied online from california for job in south carolina, selected for in-person interview, company flew me to s.c. and put me up in a hotel for the interview. panel interview, not all members of panel were knowledgable about position but very friendly and courteous.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person in order to meet a goal. (not very hard questions, STAR interview model)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – generous offer, but I was able to secure a position that better fit my ideal corporate culture model. (google)

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!