Boeing Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.8

Materials Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing in February 2014.

Telephone interview first and then face to face interview. Firstly, ask how i know the company and why i want to work for this company? Then ask some technical questions related to my major. Finally, ask what salary level do i expect

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Submitted my resume online and got a call from the hiring manager himself a couple of days later. Just wanted to schedule time for an onsite. The onsite interview was a 1 hour long 4:1 with 4 managers and directors of different levels. It was extremely structured in the question being asked. The hiring manager was actually reading the questions from a document, which I have not seen anybody doing in 15 years for quantitative roles. All the questions were of the "tell me about a time when you had to do this and that". Most, but not all, were quantitative in nature. But also got a couple along the lines of "tell me about a time when you had to reconcile differences with a colleague". No white-boarding at all, which is also usually odd for data scientist positions.
    I left happy with how the interview went. I usually excel in this type of interviews.
    What happened next was kind of puzzling. I got a HR person contacting me, telling me that my online application did not match what I had on my resume. So I went in, updated the online application and waited. But nobody ever contacted me again. That's kind of unusual because when you end up going onsite, a recruiter always follows up with some closure (either an offer or no offer).

Systems Design and Integration Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

Met at the career fair, quick to meet with their manager who was present. Was interviewed basic interview questions about my skills and goals on the spot, then called later that day to schedule an interview 2 days later. The interview was with two people, one of which was the manager, and dealt a lot more with my experience in handling specific situations and dealing with people, as well as the way I improve and control myself. Called later that day to be scheduled for another interview the next day. The last interview was me and 4 other potential employees, we were given a problem we had to solve as a team. Got an email telling me that I qualify for a full time position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How to control multiprocesses, how to deal with multithreading, database design questions   Answer Question

Havnt evaluated all the options yet, it's a long standing offer.

Structural Analysis Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

Spoke with a mechanical engineer at an information session at a conference and was able to line up an interview for the following day. The interview was very basic with 3 behavior questions, typical STAR format. I was then issued a letter of intent the following day. It all happened very quickly and was actually quite surprised at the speed of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone that was culturally diverse.   Answer Question

Business Interview

I was offered an opportunity to interview after networking talking with one of Boeing's recruiters at my college's career fair. They seemed very kind and laid back, definitely a group I would love to work for. I received an email about two weeks later stating I did not get the job which did not surprise me as I was only a sophomore at the time. However, the interview was relatively easy and laid back taking about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All STAR questions, I promised not to release any of the questions but just prepare for behavior questions.   Answer Question

Procurement Agent I Interview

I was recruited straight out of college. The process was an easy one time phone interview. There were only five questions, and there were 4 or 5 people on the phone. The questions were pretty standard college interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you convinced a group that you solution was the best answer to the problem   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. Then about three months later, I get an email setting up for a flight to Seattle. All of the interview questions are situational types. I was interview by two Boeing engineers.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and was contacted the next week for a phone interview. It is recommended that certain keywords are included in the resume so that they match the words in the job description. Interview lasted around an hour, interviewers were friendly and positive.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

I dropped of my resume at a reception with a recruiter and got a call that night to report for an interview the next day. I showed up and was faced with 4 panelists. Pretty intimidating but for the most part behavioral questions. Really easy, interview went well but got no offer :(

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

The first call was from HR to setup an interview directly with the hiring manager. The actual interview call was fairly laid back as they listened to experience and previous duties. There was no standard template they followed (what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc). It was all to the point of the particular position. The in person interview was casual as well with questions about my past experience but with a little more detail. After that I was given a tour of the area I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I thought was too tough. All though I have been in interviews and asked technical textbook questions which hardly anyone uses outside of an advanced college engineering course.   Answer Question
    Have a number in mind, but know that they are likely to hold on to your initial salary asking in the form you filled out when you first applied. Even if after the interview the job is more demanding then the requisition states. The problem is the HR is virtual in another state so they are not motivated to negotiate much on behalf of the hiring manager if your over their offer.