Boeing

Getting the Interview

561 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Materials Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boeing in February 2014.

Interview Details Telephone interview first and then face to face interview. Firstly, ask how i know the company and why i want to work for this company? Then ask some technical questions related to my major. Finally, ask what salary level do i expect

Interview Question – How to success in a team environment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details The interviewer has a list of questions that are clearly from a script, where they are sure the are P.C. and couldn't possibly be grounds for a complaint. That makes it difficult for both sides to actually communicate anything meaningful about the job or how interactions with the rest of the team might go.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing is there weren't any questions that actually meant anything. I knew about the actual work being done through my connection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as this was a contract with a fixed billing rate.

Very Easy Interview

The Recruiting Process IS Ridiculous! Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by one of its preferred vendor agencies. Guaranteed the only the updates you will receive to your candidate status is "we're still waiting to hear from the hiring managers." Really! After months of this nonsense, have moved on to interviewing with companies that have a clue. No wonder the company is pitching downward. The company's internal talent acquisition mechanism is definitely broken and not likely to gear up in this competitive market space. It's really easy to blame recruiting for poor corporate hiring management, operations, and leadership.

Interview Question – Standard operational procedure questions. No challenging ones. Basically the staffing agency was just checking the boxes on a questionnaire.   Answer Question

Stress Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

Interview Details Boeing contacted the honor society that I am a part of at my university and said they were coming to our career fair and hiring for EAHI. I completed the application and submitted my resume and received an interview the next day. I interviewed with 3 employees and found out whether or not I got the job the day after. After this we were to pick our favorite positions from a list of openings and speak with the managers so that they could provide the best fit for us. Overall great experience and everything seemed to work seamlessly.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions so most difficult may have been "biggest weakness" or "describe a time you encountered a problem in a group setting, how was it resolved?"   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through Boeing career site, contacted within 2 weeks to fill out additional information. Eventually scheduled an interview date. I was flown to Seattle and shuttled (along with 8 other people all applying for same position) to interview site. Career fair setting. They call your name when they are ready to interview you.
It was noisy during interview. (25-50 other people all interviewing makes a bit of white noise)
Interviewed by two managers from different engineering disciplines.
Asked the standard STAR questions.
I was caught off guard as the final questions they asked were all VERY similar in nature and I had to try and come up with a different story to say almost the same exact answer. They were very patient and even suggested ideas for me to draw upon.

I felt confident as I touched upon every requirement of the job description in my answers.

Contacted within 3 business days with an offer.

Background check in progress.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. They surpassed my salary expectations.

Business Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details Applied online and heard back about a phone interview. You have to call into a conference call line where the interviewers should already be waiting.
The interview, in my opinion, was one of the strangest interviews I have ever had. While the interviewers were extremely friendly, they made it clear that you should not deviate even slightly from the STAR model for even the simplest questions. It got to the point where at the beginning of the interview, they specifically ask for you to identify the situation, task, etc. while answering. This made the interview pretty awkward, and really caught me off guard. The format of the interview makes it really hard for you to get a better understanding of the company, and for the interviewers to better understand your financial skills that are relavant to the position. After the interview, you asked to preference location/specific positions.

Interview Question – Every single STAR behavioral question possible.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in May 2010.

Interview Details Very process oriented (like the company). Did not ask any technical questions. Just behavioral.

Interview Question – Name a scenario where you had to work with someone who was difficult   Answer Question

Business Career Foundation Program Interview

Seal Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details The interview was with 3 hiring managers on a conference call. They took turns asking 5 total questions such as "What unique skill set do you bring to Boeing", "What do you know about Boeing", "Why do you want to work for Boeing"... etc. Be sure to be specific and give examples to support everything. I made my interview into a full conversation and made sure to let them know how interested I was by asking genuine questions that demonstrate my familiarity with the company.

Interview Question – I was prepared for all of the questions, but they really wanted specifics on times when I demonstrated positive communication skills to lead to a bigger goal. Find a way to really set yourself apart for the "What unique skill set do you bring to Boeing" question.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2011.

Interview Details Behavioral Interview. Situation questions are asked. Answers must be given in a specific format. STAR - Situation Task Action Result (In that order) ... Additionally, there will be a Open Question to enable you to explain your education, experience and qualifications.

Interview Question – Tell a time about when you were given negative feedback. How did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation room.

Aircraft Assy/Moification Mechanic Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details What interview, they saw my experience and was hired almost immediately

Interview Question – What is your requirement for starting pay?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terrible but had no choice needed to work

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing interview questions and advice. All 561 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.