Boeing Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.8

Materials Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing in February 2014.

Telephone interview first and then face to face interview. Firstly, ask how i know the company and why i want to work for this company? Then ask some technical questions related to my major. Finally, ask what salary level do i expect

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boeing.

Pretty straightforward. Met them at a career fair. Got asked to have an on-campus interview a few days later. Interview was standard - just questions on how you interact with people in different situations. Had a group interview, went well too. Had to develop an answer to a problem on paper.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of "you already gave us a good answer to this question, but excluding that, give us another example". So be ready for multiple follow-ups.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Applied online. Make sure to tailor your resume to match the competencies listed on their job description. The first interview was done via phone. If you do well, they will email you an invitation for an in person interview. The person interview is an all day event that consists of multiple interviews with different teams. Depending on how well you interviewed with each team; you may receive multiple offers from individual teams or none at all. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing is that Boeing interviews are very structured and they ask only behavioral questions. This means that you want to respond in a very structured format. Start off by stating the situation. Then briefly list the actions you took to correct the problem. Last, state the outcome/result of your actions. To really impress the interviewers, try to come up with something profound at the end of every response. Kind of like the moral of the story. In this case, it's what you would try to avoid in the future to prevent this problem from happening again.

Interview Questions
    • If you read over the competencies listed in their job description, you should be well prepared. All the questions are related to the competencies. Try to think of stories ahead of time that relates to the competencies so that you can tell it when asked during the interview.   Answer Question

The Boeing Company Interview

There are about 6 questions, with 3-4 panels. It is not typical to have more than one interview. The interview is well structure. You will be asked to explain a situation, what did you go, and what was the results.

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiations at all

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

On campus interview: First round was a one on one behavioral with the basic questions you can find anywhere such as: state a time when you didn't meet a deadline, state a time when you lead a team, what was your role, what was the outcome: The key to success is using the STAR format to answer all questions
    Second round was a group case study interview in which you and a group of other students have to come up with a solution to the problem. The interviewers observe and say nothing until the process is over. I got a call that night with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not very difficult in general as long as you do some company research.   Answer Question

Construction Administrator Interview

Structured interview process. Interviewed by 5 employees and had to answer about 7-8 questions with setting the time, location and detailed events on how you dealt with the problem or situation. All the employees are grading you and it's very hard to tell how you've done on the interview. At the end you get to ask any questions you have, but you really don't get to tell them about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you failed at something and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Originally, I met with Boeing employees during the career fair, and eventually submitted my resume through a campus recruiting center. Within a week, got an offer to interview with Boeing representatives. Typical STAR format, the interview was on-campus and very conversational overall. Received an offer to Boeing Defense five days later, requested a transfer to Puget-Sound and was approved within a week.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time you came in conflict with a superior's decision."   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Got an email asking if I was still interested in a position I had applied to online back in July (it was mid September when I received the email) and if I was, send along sometimes for a phone interview. Gave some times and had an hour and a half phone panel interview using the STARS format going over my resume

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this position   Answer Question
    • give me an example of a time when you implanted a change to a process and the outcome of that change   Answer Question
    No real negotiations, Speea job and they hit my target requirement for base salary

Program Manager, Specialist Interview

Apply on-line and wait through a long screening process. Everything is automated and you will be notified if you will get an interview or if you were not chosen. If chosen, you will get either a face-to-face or phone interview. Interviews are structured and consist of a panel usually of four people: hiring manager, peer, core manager and human resources representative. Usually six questions of varying degrees. Assume if you get an interview you are qualified. The company is now looking for the best attributres in an employee for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how your background and experience align to the job.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boeing.

I knew someone who worked in a department that was hiring summer interns. I had her pass my resume along to her manager and then I applied online to the job application. I was asked to schedule one phone interview (I didn't live near the facility so we didn't have an in-person interview).

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time that you assumed leadership of a situation without being asked.   Answer Question
    Intern, so no negotiation