Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst - Consultant Interview

Financial Analyst - Consultant
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details I was referred to the firm by an alumni from one of my previous universities. I am a recent college grad and was extremely lucky with this opportunity, seeing I know my hiring process was far from traditional. A few days after my contact forwarded my resume, I was called for an in person interview. No phone interview whatsoever, the call was just to schedule a time to meet at the McLean office.

I met with only one individual who went over many different aspects of the company and also what I could potentially expect on the job. This was unlike any interview I have ever had. We did not discuss my background very much or my skill sets. It was simply to explain the position to me and answer any questions that I had.

I was called by my recruiter for an offer about 15 minutes after the interview and I gratefully accepted. Again, my hiring process was very different as I was told that Booz Allen may see as many as a few thousand applicants per job and around a half million job applicants per year. A key to employment with Booz Allen is an internal referral. They pride themselves on having 55% of new hires be from referrals. They are the premier government consulting firm and as one can assume, they continue to look for people that are very similar to themselves.

Interview Question – no difficult questions, just conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy negotiation seeing as I am fresh out of college, got what I asked for.

Web Developer/UI Designer Interview

Web Developer/UI Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, got a phone call from one of the recruiters to schedule for an interview. The whole interview took one hour with three different interviewers. They mainly ask about my web design process and how I would approach things. They also asked me some problem solving questions and to see how I would tackle the problem.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Booz Allen?   Answer Question

Strategic Communication Analyst Interview

Strategic Communication Analyst
Montgomery, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details I posted my resume on Booz Allen's website and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day, which was a Thursday, and then set up an in person interview for Monday. Received a verbal job offer the day after the interview. The whole process was quick and simple, and they made sure to talk about benefit package.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you created and implemented a strategic communication plan.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was a bit low for the offer, but they seemed willing to negotiate. Ultimately, my husband and I decided we weren't going to stay in our current location so I choose to decline.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Interview Details Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Interview Question – What consulting skills would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Crystal City, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2013.

Interview Details Phone screen, one on one and group interview. They are a very young group and it seemed a little like indoctrination. had to wait for weeks to get my clearance verified

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were better than the alternatives

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details I met with about 4 people, 2 of which were over the phone. Everyone was extremely nice, interested in my capabilities as well as who I was and how I would fit in. I was then called by not only member of team they thought would be a great fit, but the supervisor of the team and his supervisor. They were always willing to answer my questions and when they were unsure, they took the time to figure it out and get back to me. All around a great interview experience.

Interview Question – How would you design a system designed to process unstructured data?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was not up to par with what I was looking for.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2011.

Interview Details All communications with BAH and the client were clear and professional. I had four interviews with both client and company representatives. All questions regarding my abilities and mind-set were answered fully. Upon being offered a salary there was an assurance from both me and BAH that the offer was adequate and acceptable. The overall hiring and training processes were very well integrated and went very smoothly as well.

Interview Question – In my field of Joint Forces Exercise Integration I have the unique situation of having been the originator of the process called the mission essential task list. I first designed and implemented it in 1975 and it grew into a complete Joint concept for all levels of war. Basically, I did not have any questions that I could not answer in this area, if anything I was able to more fully inform the interviewers of possible misconceptions they might have had, or reinforce some of the notions they might already have thought about. My goal is to impart the right information all of the time regardless of my audience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very simple and direct because we both knew and understood the basic values of what the client needed and the added value I would bring to the overall need of the client effort.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Interview Details After submitting a resume to a colleague, the recruiting team made a contact via email and arranged phone interview. After the phone interview, a technical interview was scheduled. The technical interview included introduction of the job opening and a brief overview of contract applied. Series of knowledge based questions followed. Overall, the interview was conducted in formal and professional manner. Interviewers kept the questions and comments simple and clear.

Interview Question – The details of technical questions were overall unexpected, however, not too terrible.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details Tell us about your previous experiences. Why should we hire you? It was a ridiculously easy interview where the hiring managers were just speeding to get back to their day jobs and check the box.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter gave me exactly the number I asked for, so no negotiation was necessary.

SharePoint Administrative/Developer Interview

SharePoint Administrative/Developer
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details Overall, the interview was very thorough and nothing was left off the table. They were very up-front with me about all my questions. I came with many questions about the position. Since I was so prepared for the interview, I probably asked more questions than they did. There were 4 interviewers including the PM and 3 Experts from different sections.

Interview Question – I reviewed the job description quite thoroughly before the interview and researched topics that I wasn't familiar with so when they asked me at the interview, I could be prepared to at least know what the term was and respond with my level of experience that was closely enough related to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a number in mind that I was non-negotiable about. I've been in this industry for a while so I know what the market value is for a SharePoint admin/developer. I did thorough research on the market and received about 15 different salary quotes from various recruiters before accepting this offer. They initially offered me 5k below what I was expecting but they didn't blink when I asked to have 5k more.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!