Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

3.8

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2012.

There were 3 rounds of interviews - each of the first 2 rounds were case interviews, an he final round was one case interview and one 'fit' interview. I got into the interview process, when BCG did a presentation at my campus, and I talked to the recruiter that was there, afterward. She put me into the process, and then emailed me to schedule the interviews. The first 2 rounds were in the local BCG office, and the last round was a video-conference with the office I had applied to.

Interview Questions
  • Due to the employment agreement, I can't divulge any specific question. But I can say that I used the prep questions on BCG's website (as well as on Bain's and McK's) to practice case interviews. And I looked at other websites that have case interviews for practice purposes. These really helped with prep. Also I read the Economist regularly, so it was easy to make small talk, or have context for international-type questions.   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate my offer, b/c I knew it was standard for the role for someone coming out of school (like myself). I think if you have additional work experience you can negotiate for more.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

6 interviews divided into 3 rounds. First round with more jnr staff and last round with partners. Case based interviews. First 10-15mins about you, 35 mins on a case questions then time at the end for you to ask questions. Get on www.caseinterview.com to help you prepare and do lots of practice with friends.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation possible other than start dates

Consultant Interview

went through case study where they talked about an oil company and the financial difficulties and there was some other companies that also played a part. Many of the companies sold energy or worked on energy. The interviewer was very nice, not very chatty. Some of the other questions were very standard things like working in groups, conflict etc.

Consultant Interview

I applied online after attending information sessions held at university or college. I had two 45 min, one-on-one interviews that each had a short behavioral question followed by a case. Both cases were straight forward, standard cases of the sort that are found in case interview preparation books. Both interviewers were friendly and cheerful. Received a decision email three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Both cases were straight forward cases of the sort that can be found in case interview preparation books like Case in Point.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I had two cases that were 30 minutes each and before each case there was a 15 min behavioural component. The cases were pretty straight forward. If I had done more prep I think it could have gone quite well. Both interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2014.

Applied to the London office. They came to our business school, had a number of information sessions and then screened CVs for the first round. Passed the first round of two interviews and then had three interviews with partners for the second round about ten days later.

In between doing the second (and final) round and getting dinged I got two congratulations e-mails from BCG, one from a 'buddy' who was assigned to me to convince me to join and one from the lead recruiter at our school. Naturally it was very confusing when I got the ding phone call.

They promised to call me later with feedback on my interviews, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • How would you advise the mayor of London to improve the competitiveness of the financial sector?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2014.

I got my resume into the recruiting cycle through a connection. I was told there would be at least two interview rounds, with 2 to 3 interviews at each stage. People were very nice, and they tried to help candidates feel comfortable

Interview Questions
    • The business case was a little confusing because it focused on an example "client" who also had clients, and I'm a little embarrassed to say it was hard to keep everything straight in my mind.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

I was applying off season so I approached a Partner via my extended network. They liked my profile. Since I was applying off recruiting season and 1 year after graduating from my MBA it took them over a month to schedule the first round of interviews. After the first round with a Principal and a Consultant I passed to the second round.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I applied via ADC recruiting at my university. Within two weeks I was notified of an interview the next week. Two simple profitability cases and fit interviews. Second round interview was with two principals, cases were relatively straightforward. Third round with managing partner consisted of creating a business plan in a different era.

Interview Questions
    • A 'just brainstorming' question that turned into a case.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2010.

3 rounds of 2 interviews in each round. Very predictable format - first questions about CV / personality and motivation then case interview. There are books and a lot of resources to prepare for this - do so. Practice with friends or peers at school who are about to apply.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of people mess up on the numbers / math. Be prepared to be able to do juggle numbers quickly either in your head or on a paper.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. All peers have the same compensation.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!