Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
472 interviews

3.8

Associate Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I was first invited to a preparation Workshop, it covered the firm’s culture, recruitment process and a sample case analysis. I found the sample case analysis very useful. So there were 3 rounds of interview, each round composed of 2 case interviews. I was interviewed by a principal first, and then a consultant. Unfortunately, I did not make it through the first round. I would recommend interviewees to develop a framework instead of tackling the questions intuitively.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2014.

Applied for associate campaign online.
    Only got to first round interviews.

Visiting Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

The HR liaison was extremely helpful in explaining the recruitment process. The office I applied to organised for me to pass a test in my nearest BCG office, which I found to be convenient.

Interview Questions
    • I passed the online case study. It was more challenging that I expected. Questions were a mix of quantitative and qualitative.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2012.

There were 3 rounds of interviews - each of the first 2 rounds were case interviews, an he final round was one case interview and one 'fit' interview. I got into the interview process, when BCG did a presentation at my campus, and I talked to the recruiter that was there, afterward. She put me into the process, and then emailed me to schedule the interviews. The first 2 rounds were in the local BCG office, and the last round was a video-conference with the office I had applied to.

Interview Questions
    • Due to the employment agreement, I can't divulge any specific question. But I can say that I used the prep questions on BCG's website (as well as on Bain's and McK's) to practice case interviews. And I looked at other websites that have case interviews for practice purposes. These really helped with prep. Also I read the Economist regularly, so it was easy to make small talk, or have context for international-type questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate my offer, b/c I knew it was standard for the role for someone coming out of school (like myself). I think if you have additional work experience you can negotiate for more.

Consultant Interview

6 interviews divided into 3 rounds. First round with more jnr staff and last round with partners. Case based interviews. First 10-15mins about you, 35 mins on a case questions then time at the end for you to ask questions. Get on www.caseinterview.com to help you prepare and do lots of practice with friends.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation possible other than start dates

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

3 rounds, 2 interviews in each round. Comprised of behavioural and case questions.

Interview Questions
    • Calculating return on equity as part of a business case in the context of a growth strategy.   View Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2012.

Group interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2011.

I applied online. Received a call from the Recruitment Director. Organised a first-round interview.

First round consisted of two interviews, 1 hour each (fit questions, case, general questions), with a consultant and then a project leader.

Second round consisted of two interviews with Principals.

Final round consisted of two interviews with Partners.

Cases tended to get more interviewer-led as the seniority of interviewers increased. By the partner round I forgot I was doing cases and just entered into more of a discussion. It was actually a lot of fun and I ended up being quite relaxed by the end.

I found out I had an offer about an hour and a half later by phone.

Interview Questions
    • What's the one thing in the world you're really passionate about?   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2014.

2 days after submitting my online application I received an email invitation for an interview which took place two days after. The process was pretty fast and well organized (received interview invitation first, after agreeing on date and time received interview confirmation with all relevant information). Overall the interview went well. It was a friendly professional atmosphere with standard interview questions - nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation in which something unexpected happened and you had to react quickly. What did you do? How was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2014.

Really rigorous interview process, started with the classic case interview with one of the firms senior members which lasted 40 minutes. Business problem was challenging, however, interviewer was friendly and appreciated that I did not become flustered throughout the process. Followed by an online aptitude/business knoweledge test, this was very tough and one has to really make sure that they don't make any mistakes

Interview Questions
    • When giving recommendations, needed to show better business judgement. Asked some of the ramifications of one of the recommendations and my response was superficial   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!