Boston Scientific

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

well planned, good HR, did their homework, on time, good questions, did their best and came prepared, talked about the work and the next steps, talked about career growth, helpful, good directions.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in November 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Engineer Interview

They flew me out to their location for an in person interview, paying for all my expenses (flight, car, hotel) and even had their real estate agent take me on a tour of the town to check out housing options. The interview was on a Friday, and they told me they'd get back to me early the next week.

Two weeks later and still no response from them. Finally I had to track them down and force them to tell me they weren't offering me a job. After a certain point, I can take a hint, but to tell candidates that you will let them know of your decision within x days and then to completely ignore that deadline is beyond rude. If I hadn't reached out, they just never would have called me. I'm sure telling people that you're not offering them a job is no fun, but if you don't like it, don't get a job in HR. So disappointed with their HR team.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty standard, textbook, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" kind of interview- nothing too difficulto r unexpected.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Applied at a conference. Scheduled a one on one interview with a hiring manager. He was impressed. Then a phone interview a month later. Then I got an offer letter.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Their campus recruitment team is phenomenal. They attend college career fairs, frequently hold post-career fair socials at nearby restaurants, and pre-interview dinners as well.

The interview consists to two back-to-back meetings with employees at the Company. It may be first with someone from Human Resources followed by a relatively new IS employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a team you were on let you down. How did you respond, if at all?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

The company works with outside talent companies to identify potential candidates. So, you will first need to go through a company like Robert Half to be called in for an interview. Once you have an interview with Boston Scientific you will most likely meet with 2 - 3 managers in the same day, if you pass that initial stage you will be brought back another day to meet with the Director and the hiring manager for a final interview. The interviews vary by manager's personal style and are one-on-one.

Interventional Cardiology Clinical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2014.

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific in August 2014.

I was emailed by recruiter Carolyn and was asked to set up a "phone conversation." The conversation went well and she said she would call me the next week to talk about next steps. I was happy to hear that. After the next week passed plus a few additional days, I emailed her to see what the status was from our previous conversation. I received no response. By this point, I assume I was rejected for the position, which is fine but why couldn't the recruiter reach out to say they found someone else for the position, or didn't think I was a good fit? I heard nothing and more than a month has passed. I currently work in a position where I interview and let people know when we find someone who would be a better fit. If I was contacted by this company, I wouldn't even want to work for them knowing this is how they handle things. Very unprofessional.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

HR contacted about a position that was open at that time. Scheduled a phone interview. Reached out after 4 weeks for a face to face interview. By that time, Sr.QE position was closed. However, attended the interview. Was interviewed by 6 QE managers in 3 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Lessons learned for recalls.
      What do you do on a good day Vs bad day? What do you consider as a bad day?

Answer Question

Product Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

The hiring process took about 2 months from the schedule of the 1st phone interview to the offer letter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, basically went over the job description and asked pretty direct questions about my experience for the job in which I applied for. 3 weeks later I was invited to do face to face interviews with 5 people from the team. They were all given 30 minutes for one on one time with me. I enjoyed this part because you get to meet the team and get a feel of what your getting yourself into. Overall the team was welcoming and intelligent. I had a brief excel test that one of the analyst made. I felt good about the interviews, unfortunately the director of the department wanted to meet with me as well since he was traveling, we couldn't meet for another 3 weeks. I think the process is normally faster.

Interview Questions
    The salary offer was set in stone, but they offered a higher signing bonus to offset the gap plus higher annual bonus payout.