Brigham and Women's Hospital

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2010.

Interview Details Quick and asked for specific examples. Whole thing took about 3 weeks. Interviewed with 2 people for about 1 hour and then recieved a call about a week later and accepted.

Interview Question – Give an example of when your integrity was questioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Nurse Interview

Nurse

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details There was no hiring or interview process done. Placement was done through the school. You go in and show up for the shifts that your preceptor is scheduled for. You do not get paid, You have to spend your own money for transportation and food.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details The interview process was relatively simple. I came in twice for two one-on-one interviews. The Human Resources department then ran a background check and followed-up with my references. A start date was determined shortly after.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details 3 interviews over 2 days about 1 week apart. Mostly going over resume and basic background questions. Nothing too unexpected. Was called by HR about 2 hours after final interview and offered the position.

Interview Question – Explain how you have dealt with difficult patients in the past.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

CRA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in July 2012.

Interview Details fairly straightforward, may need to wait a while to get all the paperwork processed. Interviews were straight forward, mostly generic questions. I had two separate interviews, one phone and other in person.

Interview Question – What do you see as your role in BWH?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straightforward.

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I

Interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital

Interview Details Was contacted through email. Went in for an interview. Asked basic questions

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in September 2010.

Interview Details It has been a long time, but it takes a while to receive responses from HR

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details Very informal, met with other RAs, the lead on the particular project and the PI. Asking about relevant previous experiences and grades from school.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in May 2010.

Interview Details the process of hiring is very simple for postdoc position.
visit of the lab, meeting coworker, face to face lunch and discussion with the PI

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation in my case. postdoc salary follows NIH grids

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

I applied in-person and interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details I contacted the principal investigator directly for asking any vacancy for postdoctoral position. After two on-site interviews with PI and other faculty members, I got finally hired. My case was unusual, I did not have my research presentation in the lab meeting setting, instead I met all the faculty members by one-to-one meeting.

Interview Question – how do you formulated a study hypothesis out of preliminary data that they have   Answer Question

Worked for Brigham and Women's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!