Brion Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brion Technologies in October 2010.

Interview Details Brion Technologies has a rigorous process to assess potential fit within the company. I applied for an engineering position. Interviews consist of phone interviews and multiple on-site interviews. Phone interviews include questions designed to assess your intelligence, mostly focused on engineering math & statistics. On-site interviews consist of questions related to the nature of the job, with an additional 'brain teaser' component. Very little effort is placed on the content of your resume, especially outside the focus of Brion/ASML's core competencies.

From my interactions with the employees, I sensed that there is a strict work ethic, with lots of pressure to execute, especially since many employees are Chinese and have PhDs. Thus they are searching for hard working intelligent people who can execute to near perfection. Bear in mind that this culture may not be for everyone.

One of the interviewers in management asked overly personal questions, one that I brushed aside and a subsequent one that I took offense at. Perhaps this can be attributed cultural differences; nevertheless, I determined this was not the right company for me.

Interview Question – You have multiple datapoints that appear to a straight line. How do you find the line of best fit? Provide the equations to calculate the slope and intercept.   Answer Question

Worked for Brion Technologies? Contribute to the Community!