Broadcom

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2010.

Interview Details One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Interview Question – What is mean time before failure   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details 1:1 interview

Interview Question – lot circuits and vlsi related question , c ,aps   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fixed salary

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details I was selected on a campus recruitment, where they took a test based on an undergrad course of basic knowledge and then tool 2 phases of interview

Interview Question – They asked about some leakage current in PMOS, what may be the possible causes and how to prevent   Answer Question

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2008.

Interview Details Thourough and exhaustive. Folks were very knowledgeable in all aspects of the job requirement fields and one has to be thorough and well prepared to address deep and detailed questions and and answer questions in what-if scenarios. Many process based questions as well to ensure one will fit well within the organization.

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2012.

Interview Details During the phone interview, I talked for 1 hour with the group leader. He mainly asked me questions about concepts of operating systems and C programming, e.g., what is static variable in C, what is auto variable, what is race condition and what is the difference between process and thread, and the like.
I was informed to take the on-site in roughly two days after that.
During the on-site interview process, I was interviewed by four people. Questions include operations on linked list, embedded system, how a process is functioning, how to test a segment of memory using C and some questions related to my resume, mainly about my past education and working experience.
The office and work culture look pretty nice. Suggestions to other candidates would be to familiar with operating system concepts and details of using C, especially when you ask for a firmware design or test engineer which is more related to hardware level.

Interview Questions

• Using C programming language, how would you test the memory bitcells of a certain segment given to you?   View Answer
  • How to insert and delete an element in a linked list?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in August 2011.

Interview Details The phone interview took an hour on a Saturday and we have subsequently set up in-house interview the following week. There were 5 rounds of interviews, each with 1 to 2 interviewers. Most questions were focus on the technical know-hows and experience in solving design questions. The work culture appears to be very chaotic and unorganized. However, there seems to be room for the company to grow.

Interview Questions

• How do you diagnose a set-up violation on silicon using scan?   Answer Question
  • What are the pros and cons of the following logic test methodologies: at-speed scan with LOC and LOS, path-delay testing, n-detect testing, iddq testing, topology based testing and LBIST.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Interview Details Got a phone call inviting me for an interview. Office looked great, nice people. A 1:1 interview in which I was asked basic logic design questions and personal questions. Was asked about projects I have done, courses taken and general interest.

Interview Questions

• Plan a logical design which gets a single read/write bit every clock cycle, and a number. The design should store the histogram of the written input, and display it on a read command.   View Answer
  • What problem might occur?   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2010.

Interview Details frankly speaking; I did not have any technical interview because the hiring manager know well about my background in the industry. we just had a quick talk and was shown around in the office. two days later I got the offer and I singed it after two days.

Interview Question – how if this office closed and you need to move, is that OK?   View Answer

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2011.

Interview Details first phone interview, two weeks later onsite interview

Interview Question – Name and describe the 3 modes of operation of a transistor   View Answer

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview Details Just a typical interview one would have with any other companies. Five or six interviewers. All about technical questions. Most of the questions are about basics. Nothing fancy or tricky. Questions cover a wide range of topics, from transistor model, circuit, to system level as well as a little bit on the DSP side.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Engineering interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.