Broadcom

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

Interview Details talked about my projects
asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Interview Question – setup time hold time   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2009.

Interview Details Phone screen than in person interview with 5 people.
People were professional and courteous.

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was take it or leave it which it was not.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2008.

Interview Details For the first time, phone interview by the HR recruiter for about haft an hour. After pass the HR interview the hire manager will call and interview again on the phone to see if the candidate fix for the job. If the second phone call pass then the HR will set up for in person interview with the group for another 4 people in the group.

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2010.

Interview Details phone interview about three or four persons
on site interview, about 6 persons.

Arizona City, AZ (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2009.

Interview Details Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Interview Question – What is your long term goal ?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by a head hunter, who found my resume at some online portal(don't know where exactly). He sent my resume to the hiring manager, who liked it and scheduled a phone interview. Basic questions from my resume, job experience, PERL questions(data structures mostly), UNIX questions, design management tool experience were asked. It was a IT position, along with CAD, vlsi design experience,with design sync server experience. Then I went in for an onsite, which was scheduled for 1 day, but the panel liked my resume for another CAD position, so they let me stay over for another day for the CAD interview.

Panel interview for 2 consecutive days was extremely exhaustive. But overall it went good.

I had 6 rounds on DAY 1. Each person asked me 1 common question: about how to set up a CAD project, using design Sync server in a multi-site environment? I assume they have this issue going on, and need someone to work on that.
Simulation related - Spectre, Spice, Ultrasim
Customer related- how would you approach if someone comes and tells u, that his design is not working, and does not give you any more information?
parasitic extraction -> how does the Assura engine work?
perl, TCL scripting -> What have you done?
Draw the cross sectional view of a CMOS

Detailed questions from my resume

Interview Question – CAD tools related questions, design, simulation, front and back end tools   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview Details The interview consisted of a talk and a test. I did not pass the test so there was no second interview. If I had passed the second interview and test, I would have been flown to California for a third and final interview before a decision was made about whether to hire me or not. If I had been offered the job, I would have been forced to work a six-day week.

Interview Question – Why is common collector configuration not used for amplifier?   View Answer

Engineering

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview Details Test on my understanding on basic circuit structure and theories.
Typical questions on circuit transfer functions, noise, distortion (linearity), design choice and rational, frequency compensation (different approaches to stabilizing a two-pole system).
Test for my arguments for choosing a particular circuit topology.
Ask my previous project experiences, including the motivation and features of different projects.

Interview Question – How to improve the linearity of the common source amplifier?   View Answers (3)