Brookdale Senior Living

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I had a positive experience interviewing with the Talent Solutions team. They are professional, well organized and courtesy. The management recruiting process is designed for streamlined efficiency. I would welcome the opportunity to interview with this group again.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the ordinary. As long as you do your homework on the company and come prepared with a list of questions you will have a great conversation with this team. They are very passionate about their work and take pride in their company.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with 4 individuals at their office. Overall it was really disorganized and left a bad impression on me. The hiring manager lacked personality and energy. It made me feel like working there would be a miserable experience. There was no introductions as to why I was interviewing with individuals, what the daily,weekly, or monthly responsibilities were. They spent more time over analyzing my personality test scores which in my opinion were way off from reality.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you analyzed data   View Answer

I felt the interview was just bad. They seemed like they didn't know what questions to ask, they were disorganized, and uninformative. I interviewed with four people but no one told me why I was talking to them or what interaction I would have with them on a daily basis.

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in September 2014.

Very friendly & welcoming. This facility had state there and HR was unable to be at interview. The Activities Director handled well. It was a short one on one interview with 5 questions. She then gave me a tour of the facility and introduced me to other staff and residents. The Activities director was asked by two other management gals if she thought the interview went well and offered to complete my background check right then and bypass 2nd interview. After completing background, was taking back to activity director office where she said hr would contact me for 2nd meeting to complete new hire paperwork... I am super excited but also unsure I think that means I got position but no official word "your hired". Hoping to get that second call to come complete paperwork like it was explained.

Interview Questions
    • How do handle keeping yourself separated from becoming attached to the residents, example - if a resident passes, do I become completely attached or can I except, help and move on.   Answer Question
    I asked what the salary was, she was unclear because I had experience and Brookdale had recently bought the old company out and their financial situation was stronger than the old company, wage based off revenue

Director of Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Met with ED for maybe 15 minutes. She reviewed my resume. The Regional HR contact called me at 10 PM on a Sunday night (!) we spoke for half an hour, mostly about her children. Yes, I know red flags all over.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how comfortable I felt about making my own decisions. I have no problem making my own decisions as it would be a director position. Unfortunately, making a decision on my own is what got me fired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. I was given a number, which was $10 less than what the market should pay for the position. When I asked for higher, I was told they would have to consider another candidate.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in August 2014.

Very intense interview questions, not anything you can really prepare for. If you've been in sales, mentally review each sale if you can because they will ask you to "tell me a time when....'

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, but overwhelmed with how many people you interview with   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, was very pleased with what they offered. I had tried to negotiate with another company years ago and had the offer rescinded, so I'm a little apprehensive to negotiate.

COA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

The hiring process is the same at any other company. They offer a typing test, which if you have any office experience, you will pass. The HR department is really very nice and the managers that I interviewed with were extremely knowledgeable about the company and what it has to offer.

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

They give you an small interview and they run your background, and they will hire nearly anyone so that they are not short staffed and we always are. so long as they have bodies on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • They do not hardly ask any questions, they will hire anyone   View Answer
    I was not able to with them, I have been with them when it was the old company that they came in and bought out.

Quality Review Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Great process, they move fast to complete the hiring process. Thorough competency testing for quality review nurses. Initial interview was conducted on the phone, then brought in to interview with DPS and RDO for region.

Did not need to negotiate, met my expectations

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2014.

Initial communications were through someone working in the corporate office since their website was not working properly. Through them I was able to set up an interview. Unfortunately it seemed the 2 women interviewing never interviewed anyone before. They decided to sit next to each other, one would ask a question then minutes later the same question would be asked by the other, both seemed to be reading from Interviewing for Dummies.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you walked into a room, saw a body on the floor and blood everywhere?   View Answer

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

6 interviews. HR staff very friendly and helpful. they told me what to expect for next steps and it was exact. relaxed interview process but lengthy. seemed like a lot of tests but easy to do