Brookdale Senior Living

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in August 2014.

Very intense interview questions, not anything you can really prepare for. If you've been in sales, mentally review each sale if you can because they will ask you to "tell me a time when....'

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, but overwhelmed with how many people you interview with   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, was very pleased with what they offered. I had tried to negotiate with another company years ago and had the offer rescinded, so I'm a little apprehensive to negotiate.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2013.

Laid back interview process, with Emeritus Senior Living, I was employed at the time of the merger with Brookdale Senior Living.
    Maintenance Director was nice and open minded.
    Executive Director was not intimidating

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work at Legacy Crossing?   View Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2014.

Initial communications were through someone working in the corporate office since their website was not working properly. Through them I was able to set up an interview. Unfortunately it seemed the 2 women interviewing never interviewed anyone before. They decided to sit next to each other, one would ask a question then minutes later the same question would be asked by the other, both seemed to be reading from Interviewing for Dummies.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you walked into a room, saw a body on the floor and blood everywhere?   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond Heights, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Heights, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2010.

They didnt ask about my other job, my experience, what i could do as a person in this position, did i have an education, i hated it and i would not recommend any body go there unless you wanna get fired in the next six months

LONG I DIDNT START WORK IN TO A MONTH LATER

Director of Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Met with ED for maybe 15 minutes. She reviewed my resume. The Regional HR contact called me at 10 PM on a Sunday night (!) we spoke for half an hour, mostly about her children. Yes, I know red flags all over.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how comfortable I felt about making my own decisions. I have no problem making my own decisions as it would be a director position. Unfortunately, making a decision on my own is what got me fired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. I was given a number, which was $10 less than what the market should pay for the position. When I asked for higher, I was told they would have to consider another candidate.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2012.

Phone call for interview one day after applying. Interview not formal. Drug screen follows very shortly after accepting position. Cash card used to receive first paycheck. Very brief orientation. High turnover among nurses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you had a disagreement with a Co-worker, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Better opportunity

COA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

The hiring process is the same at any other company. They offer a typing test, which if you have any office experience, you will pass. The HR department is really very nice and the managers that I interviewed with were extremely knowledgeable about the company and what it has to offer.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2012.

I completed the application online and emailed my resume. I was contacted by a recruiter within 5 days. He was very pleasant and said I was extremely qualified for the position. He recommended I apply for the Operations Specialist position. He set up an appointment for the RVP who never called. The recruiter called again and explained she had not been available and was interested in rescheduling the call. The call was scheduled for 2 weeks later. She finally called about 20 minutes late and spent less than 5 minutes on the phone with me. She said she had other interviews and would call to set up an interview at the community. Months went by and that call never came. The same position has been posted now 2 times in the last 3 months. They have hired people and those same people have quit or been terminated. I then applied for the same position in another state and region and never received a call.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult at all. I had extensive experience in the field as a Regional Director and Consultant   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2013.

The interview and hiring process is a very strategic target selection process...It can be long and drawn out but this is to ensure the best fit for the position is hired, not just a "warm body"

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your supervisor asked you to do something that you did not agree with?   Answer Question
    There was not one...the pay and opportunity was much more than I could ask for.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2010.

Brookdale uses the Targeted Selection Interview process. How it differs from other interviews is that they will not ask you what you would do in a given situation. They want stories that reveal what you have actually done in response to their question. I had seven interviews for my position as executive director and it took 10 weeks.

I was unable to negotiate on salary, however I was able to negotiate additional paid time off.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!