Brookdale Senior Living

Updated 16 Jan 2015
Updated 16 Jan 2015

2.7

Sales Counselor Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I was brought in for a one on one interview with the lady who'd be my direct boss. A couple days later I was called to set up a second interview - this time with the sales manager (again), regional marketing coordinator and the operations manager. At the end of that interview they invited me to meet the team. Meeting the team was bascially allowing everyone a chance to interview me. A fee days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to help someone make a decision?   View Answer
    • what attracted you to applying for this position?   View Answer

Senior Living Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

A couple of phone interviews and one face to face. Surprised that I didn't get to meet the team ahead of time. Now I know why, since they would have told me to get out while I could. Hiring managers weren't really involved, and it was clear they just needed someone.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate hours due to role and previous experience.

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Multiple, friendly phone contacts from human resources and the interviewing person prior to the interview. The interview included a tour of a facility, being introduced to many employees and residents, and out to lunch. I was contacted within 2 days as a follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for during an initial evaluation of a stroke patient?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate for the salary.

Front Desk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Very short and simple. There were two people interviewing me, the executive director and marketing director. The questions were open ended and fairly easy to answer. The questions were about personality and morals. This company holds their employees responsible for having good values and being goal oriented. Over all, the interview is more personal the professional, in a good way.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about death? This question took me off guard quite a bit.   View Answer
    Basically they asked if I wanted the job and when could I start. No negotiation.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Got called in for a group interview. Interviewer was 45 minutes late and unreachable over either of the two phones she finally walked in with (in addition to a smoothie in the other hand). Interviewer had the group pair up and interview each other and relate information back to her. Interviewer finally described the job description, which was not that of the position I applied for. When asked, the interviewer stated that specific hiring manager was not there that day and that she would call me later in the week. With drive time, wait time, and overall wasted time, the interview took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

I was not impressed that I was more prepared for the interview than the interviewer and was frankly insulted when I got no explanation or apology.

Resident Program Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

got and interview with the ED after meeting with the Human Resourse Coordinator. After meeting some of the qualifications I got the interview that day. They seemed desperate but willing to mold me I didnt seem set in my ways.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was easy. 1st started with HR then hour later spoke with the ED and HR then just the ED. Hired within 10 days. How do you feel about working with seniors, how do you feel about working on holidays and weekends? The norman interview questions were asked. Are you able to get A Commercial Drivers Licence within 60days of hire? In the state of CA you are required to hbe licenced to be and avtivity leader. are you willing to do this within 60days of hire?   View Answer
    They offered 20.00Hr but only if I got my CDL. I was offered 18.25Hr without my CDL and was told if I got it on my next review I will get the 20.00Hr
    Untill this day I have not seen the 20.00Hr.
    ALWAYS GET THINGS IN WRITING WITH THIS COMPANY!

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I found the posting on the internet. I applied on the internet (apparently to the national office). I got no response. I called the local office. I e-mailed the girl my info. The girl invited me for an interview. Once there she told me I would have to speak to her boss - who wasn't there and never replied to my requests to meet.

Interview Questions
    • The girl interviewing was not trained for the job and had no real questions.   View Answer

CNA Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in December 2014.

Job fair, pick schedule, relaxed interview, easy questions if you know your job, hired on spot, tb test done same day, pre employment drug screening must before 24 hours of being hired.

Interview Questions
    • In your field, name a time you fixed a problem in the workplace   Answer Question
    Your offer really depends on your experience, after you pick a schedule

Director of Health and Wellness Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Went well. Had three interviews before hired. Each one lasted 40 to 60 mins. Two in person and one phone. The office personnel had difficulty in the process due to a lack of training. She wasn't used to the online process.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, OH (US)

Interview process was smooth and not to difficult. Questions were standard how would you handle this type of situation question. First and Second interview was on the same day and I was offered the job on the spot after the second