Burlington Coat Factory

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

appliend online, than i get a call for an interview about a week after , simple interview with the manager,talked about availability and the compagny , no real hard question ,just be friendly and confident

Vice President Transportation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Non existent - They've had the position open for months and apparently have no interest in filling it; in speaking with current employees who reported to the former VP, there's no path for them to get to the VP position. They advised their career seems pointless unless they want to stay employed at thire current level indefinitely

Interview Questions
    • none...I had expected some sort of response but had to inquire directly in order to get one   View Answer

Research Interview

Phone and in house interviews. First with recruiter on phone, then another phone interview and then in house personal interviews. Interviewed with four people. Waiting to hear from recruiter for offer.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2014.

Applied online and interviewed through a job fair. I spent about 3 minutes with the initial interviewer asking the basic questions about experience, what did I know about the company, things like that. Based on my experience, I was sent on to the next person to be interviewed in more detail, which was more in depth as to my skills as a supervisor. There were a LOT of people there who did the basic interview and were not asked to speak with anyone else. I guess they didn't make the grade.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Burlington? Though I expected that question, there were a lot of people who didn't. They were just there for the job fair.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2014.

Applied online
    Process took a week
    Interview Process basic questions
    General Questions
    Work Experience related questions
    Customer Service related questions
    Describe a time where you receive good customer service.
    Describe a time where you receive bad customer service.
    Strength/Weaknesses

Sales Associate Interview

You have two interviews, each with a separate manager. Interviews are typically easy and just to make sure that you aren't some crazy person. There isn't a restrictive requirement as they are only trying to fill spots.

Interview Questions
    They tell you the rate and you decline or accent the job.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Quick and easy. Offered me the job on the spot pending backround check. Took around two to three weeks to get the final offer. manager was very busy at all times.

None. All up to human resources.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

It was a very easy interview, the only time I wasn't nervous with the employer & I bonded with her. She asked typical questions like why do you wanna work here, why should we hire you, what would I like to do with my future, typical things like that. I got a email that same day for a wotc (background check). I told them I was willing to do any hour & any assignment they assign me to. Apparently they saw I was determined. I'm excited to start!

Interview Questions
    • If there's 3 other canadiates, why should we hire you?
      What would you like to do with your future?
      Tell us about what you had to do at your last job?
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. It was easy unlike a lot of job interviews.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took around 4 days when I received a call from the manager for an appointment for the following day. I showed up 15 minutes late but was still offered the job. There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just a flat pay.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Got called On a Friday went in for the interview on Monday took about 5 minutes. Had already do tne the email for the background check and it was already done when i went it. They were very friendly.

10.50

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!