Burns & McDonnell Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2012.

I met them at a career fair and they were pretty easy to talk to. The guy I spoke with graduated from my university, which explained why he was there. I only spoke with him for a few minutes. The line to talk to them was really long, so everyone felt rushed and didn't get much chance to present themselves. They have a high reputation as an engineering firm, which is obviously why the line was so long, but they only choose a certain amount from those at the fair to interview. The interview itself went really well and the interviewer was really easy to talk to. He asked good questions that set you up to give good answers. He even asked me if I had any offers from other companies. I had two pending offers, one of which had a deadline in a week and a half. He promised me he would get back with me before then. But, he missed the offer deadline, and called me back after two weeks and asked if I wanted to do another interview with a manager. I said no, as I was not impressed with their failure to keep their promise, and the offer I got from the other company was a much better offer. I ended up not selecting them, but I have heard that everyone who interns there loves it. It seems to be an excellent company.

Interview Questions
  • There were some challenging questions, but they were aimed to give you a chance to answer them very well. I didn't feel that any of the questions were difficult to answer and was able to give a solid response to each question.   View Answer

They didn't get back with me in time to make the offer as I had an offer from another company. They knew I had a pending offer, but didn't make the effort to get back with me in time as they promised. In the end, the other offer I chose ended up being a much better offer.

Worked for Burns & McDonnell? Contribute to the Community!