CBRE Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CBRE in August 2012.

Initial interview was with HR over phone. In person interview performed by Team Lead ( based in Sydney ). Really good coverage of questions -- not just limited to technical but also culture wise. Team Lead was great at answering my questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your current manager would NOT miss about you   Answer Question

Due to personal circumstances I was required to move interstate, otherwise I would have taken the position.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview from their headquarters in Texas. From there, it was sent to the manager for another phone interview and then finally, an in person interview. Altogether, the process to get hired from resume submittal to start date was roughly 7 weeks. Included background checks, drug screens, calls to references; due to large corporate structure.

Not able to negotiate

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions
    • A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CBRE in August 2014.

I applied for this position on CBRE's career website. About 3 weeks later I received a email from the recruiter and scheduled an phone interview the day after.

The interview went well. I was asked questions about my work experiences and other competitions at school. And at last, why I am interested in the Real Estate Market. The interview also involve how I handle with Access and SharePoint.

I was told the hiring manager would contact me later or I should contact them. No good news up to now.

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

First screening interview with recruiters on the phone, then in-person interviews with Associate and Senior Directors. The process is pretty straightforward. The interview is mostly a resume review with some situational questions. They may ask you to come back a few times and they are usually interviewing more than one person for a position. It may take a while before you hear back from them after they interview you.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your last or current position?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiating. This was during the downturn, where it was take it or leave it. I understand there is still little room to negotiate, as many salaries are set by the clients (for reimbursed people)

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I saw the job on Linkedin and applied through the website around 1st week of May. Here's my experience:

1. Recruiter called me the following week to discuss the position. I called and left voicemail message the same day and next (maybe left 3 vms) and decided not to call back as I do not want to the recruiter to think that I am stalking her.
    2. Recruiter called me back a week after I left voicemail messages and said she would forward my resume and info to the hiring manager. The same week, I received another phone call for phone interview with the hiring manager.
    3. Spoke to hiring manager via phone interview. Discuss what the position is and etc. Asked me about my previous work experiences, etc. I was asked to come in for a in-person interview.
    4. During the in-person interview, I spoke to the director, the hiring manager, and a staff member. I have been asked situational questions regarding my previous work experience against the job I am applying for. All in all, I thought it went well. I was asked to come back for another round of interview.
    5. After 3 days, I received the job offer with the details...

Initial interview to job offer took about 3-4 weeks (Phone Screen, Phone interview with the hiring manager, (2) in-person with staff members & hiring manager). Started a month after the job offer and completion of drug and background tests.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What kind of technology have you bought recently and what/why made you decide to purchase it? When you travel, do you plan it or someone else? Why?   Answer Question

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I had a phone interview which was fairly standard. I then went into the office and met with about 4 different people, including the Managing Director. Everyone was very nice and the interview was not out of the ordinary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

I saw an opening on Glassdoor and sent an application early in the week. I was contacted a few days later for a brief phone screen. The recruiter, who was the actual director needing the Analyst, contacted me. He was surprised that someone from an engineering background would apply for a position that normally saw applications from finance or econ degrees but really just wanted smart for the position. There was only one interview, which was a straightforward meeting with the director in the CBRE office in downtown LA. All questions were about prior experience a la what you have on your resume, previous projects that stood out (if applicable), special college degrees; simply be yourself and explain your background. The environment is much "smarter" than you would expect and what similar corporations should be taking after. There is liberal use of glass doors/walls and open spaces, a mix between a tech campus and traditional corporate building, and on the whole very inviting. I was not extended an offer, I think mostly because competition was tight and there just happened to be this one opening when the previous employee was promoted. Even so, the director called immediately to inform me of the news and thanked me for taking the time to come out to their office. Overall positive and a far cry from the black hole non-responses of other places.

Interview Questions
    • We developed a software we are trying to implement that will provide more detailed data for each house or commercial property but it currently works in a different manner than our existing system. What kind of strategy would you use to implement it?   Answer Question

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!