CBRE Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE (Sydney) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard for company size: application by email, then phone screening interview, then 60min interview with senior HR person & relevant direct report for the role. They mentioned that they (occasionally) do IQ & personality testing.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions to be expected from HR person - tell us about yourself/interest in role/experience & so forth. Preference for STAR response was flagged prior in screening phone interview. Main question from direct report was related to fee write potential (tip - as a rule the expectation is 2.5x earnings) - the question is quite open: clearly if you were to say that your clients are loyal to you & will follow you to the ends of the earth, your chances are better than average ... food for thought.   1 Answer
    • During the screening they want to know your salary expectations. Glassdoor doesn't have detailed enough information on this company outside of the US to assist. The role pays $150k ... but there is a fee write requirement.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CBRE (Brisbane) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with HR over phone. In person interview performed by Team Lead ( based in Sydney ). Really good coverage of questions -- not just limited to technical but also culture wise. Team Lead was great at answering my questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing your current manager would NOT miss about you   Answer Question

Due to personal circumstances I was required to move interstate, otherwise I would have taken the position.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who seemed very excited about my skill set. She said a hiring manager would be contacting me very soon — and they did within 24 hours. The hiring manager also seemed very enthusiastic and excited about my experience, stating it was hard to find someone with my versatile skill set. The phone interview with the hiring manager was about an hour long and quite in-depth. We delved into my experience and how I handled difficult clients. The HM was friendly and answered every question I had thoroughly—which I appreciated. They really sold the company quite hard, which I took as a positive sign? I was then told they had more interviews to do, and they'd be inviting candidates to a second in-person interview. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks with next steps.

I wrote a nice follow-up a couple weeks later and never received a response. The job has now been taken off the website, so I can only assume they've filled it. I can understand not responding to every application or even a super quick phone screen, but they lose major points with me for not responding after an in-depth interview, especially when I had to take time out of my current job to speak with them. Luckily there are employers who do take the time to respond and those are the companies I'll apply to again. Onward and upward!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult client you worked with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter for CBRE via phone. Then had 1st in person interview with Director of Facilities. Had several phone conversations with same Director of Facilities for a couple weeks after that to ensure I was a good fit for the position. 2nd In person interview came. Met with Alliance Director for the client account, and was extended a formal employment offer within a week. Underwent background and drug screening with CBRE, then another round of background and drug screening when I arrived at the site. 2 months later im loving this position, company and team, and am so grateful for this opportunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary, they offered more than my asking salary. Immediately accepted offer.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

Spoke with the HR recruiter and never received a follow up call. I was under the impression the HR recruiter would call back. I am assuming it is because I have no Indesign experience?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was as screening call from a Representative that summarized the basic expectations of the position and asked me a few questions about my personal life, academic record, future endeavors, and background with this specific software. After that call I was contacted by a branch manager located closer to my home and was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a finance account manager initially, then the branch manager that contacted me. We discussed the position in greater detail and I was asked to go through my resume and why I would be a good fit for this position.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter. Was asked simple questions about my experience. Was told from the recruiter that he really liked my resume and would forward my information to the hiring manager. He gave me the address where the position was located and asked if it was ideal. Recruiter stated if I had not heard from the hiring manager, to give him a call. One week passed no call from the hiring manager. I contacted the recruiter, left a message and haven't heard back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied and was quickly contacted by internal recruiter. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with hiring manager, before having a Skype interview with corporate VP. Process was smooth, but takes a few weeks to complete. Everyone in the process was friendly and explained the next steps in hiring process clearly.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

Interview

Interview process was quick, friendly. Only had to make an appearance once. The only part that took a while was doing a formal application through the website, and going through all the steps of the hiring process. (Typical).

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I submitted an application to the online portal. I received a call several days later from the Associate Director who let me know that there was a part-time position available if I would like to consider it. She mentioned it would be a good place to start with the company without any commercial real estate experience, and I would be able to move into a full-time role as one opened up.
    The manager at an onsite property called me to come in and meet. It was a very laid-back interview with just general work experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been in the customer service industry? How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. The hourly rate was already set and she let me know before I came in to make sure it would be something I could agree to.