CBRE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Senior Applications Developer
Brisbane

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CBRE in August 2012.

Interview Details Initial interview was with HR over phone. In person interview performed by Team Lead ( based in Sydney ). Really good coverage of questions -- not just limited to technical but also culture wise. Team Lead was great at answering my questions as well.

Interview Question – What is the one thing your current manager would NOT miss about you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Due to personal circumstances I was required to move interstate, otherwise I would have taken the position.

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

Vice President Brokerage Services

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

Senior Real Estate Manager

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details First screening interview with recruiters on the phone, then in-person interviews with Associate and Senior Directors. The process is pretty straightforward. The interview is mostly a resume review with some situational questions. They may ask you to come back a few times and they are usually interviewing more than one person for a position. It may take a while before you hear back from them after they interview you.

Interview Question – What did you like the least about your last or current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiating. This was during the downturn, where it was take it or leave it. I understand there is still little room to negotiate, as many salaries are set by the clients (for reimbursed people)

CBRE Brokerage Interview

CBRE Brokerage

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE in January 2013.

Interview Details Fairly standard for industry. Questions about existing clients, prior successes and experience in industry. Met with senior management and office heads. On boarding after accepting offer fairly typical for large institution.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Position is commission based. Provides a draw so the base is negotiable, but is paid back through fees earned.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied through an employee referral and received a phone screening a week later. The same day I got a call from the local HR to arrange an interview time.

I had a pretty standard interview with the HR Manager and the Operations Manager at their head office, the interview lasted for 30 minutes or so. I was also asked to complete an online office assessment test which I passed.

The following week they called me in for an interview with the Operations Manager and a Senior VP - it was a great interview that lasted 1.5 hours after they had kept me waiting for a while as SVP was running late with a previous appointment.

I got a call the same day from the HR Manager asking how the interview went. And said she would chat with the operations manager and follow up with me next week. I received an email the next week saying they'll be in touch.

About a month later, after I followed up they wouldn't give me a yes or a no, simply just wait as they need to interview more candidates but I was still in the running.

I called two weeks later and was told they just interviewed the last candidate and the Operations manager is on vacation for the day but they will finalize mid-next week and let me know of a decision either way - Wednesday latest. Plus they said they wanted me to interview for another position.

It's been almost two weeks since their "decision" deadline when they were going to let me know either way. I've sent an email and left a voicemail but no answer.

Not the most professional hiring process I've been apart of. I would have been happy with a "No", however, being strung along for sometime isn't the best especially after going through a long process and spending so much time.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details I saw the job on Linkedin and applied through the website around 1st week of May. Here's my experience:

1. Recruiter called me the following week to discuss the position. I called and left voicemail message the same day and next (maybe left 3 vms) and decided not to call back as I do not want to the recruiter to think that I am stalking her.
2. Recruiter called me back a week after I left voicemail messages and said she would forward my resume and info to the hiring manager. The same week, I received another phone call for phone interview with the hiring manager.
3. Spoke to hiring manager via phone interview. Discuss what the position is and etc. Asked me about my previous work experiences, etc. I was asked to come in for a in-person interview.
4. During the in-person interview, I spoke to the director, the hiring manager, and a staff member. I have been asked situational questions regarding my previous work experience against the job I am applying for. All in all, I thought it went well. I was asked to come back for another round of interview.
5. After 3 days, I received the job offer with the details...

Initial interview to job offer took about 3-4 weeks (Phone Screen, Phone interview with the hiring manager, (2) in-person with staff members & hiring manager). Started a month after the job offer and completion of drug and background tests.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions: What kind of technology have you bought recently and what/why made you decide to purchase it? When you travel, do you plan it or someone else? Why?   Answer Question

Office Leasing Executive Interview

Office Leasing Executive
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview was very informal. It was more of a personality test but they did ask for my exam results. Overall it is a pretty easy interview process nothing to worry about. The main directors were present at that point, no salary amount was given or offered until I have received the offer letter.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

Senior Real Estate Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Question – Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Interview Details They went through an outsourcing company for a 90 day process. Then I recieved a very laid back call from what would be my direct manager. Went and completed a face-to-face with him. The was pushed up to the VP to interview and then got the job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant
Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in September 2010.

Interview Details 15 mins interview with Department Head and 30 mins skilled test. The interview includes mainly questions of academic credits taken at university and its applicability to the job and previous working experience. The position was secured right at the interview.

Interview Question – Was given a financial model of an undergoing project to run in 30 mins.   View Answer

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!