CEB Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CEB (Sydney) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple process. First of all you will get a phone interview. If that goes well (most likely it will) you will be asked to take psychometric testing including a multiple choice style character assessment exam and also undertake a written task. After this a live interview will take place.

Interview Questions

• Motivation, sales experience, scenario related questions to your experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Sydney) in January 2013.

Interview

You'll get a call from the recruitment manager, who will do a 20-30 minute phone screening. This is really basic and they'll just ask you why CEB why sales etc. No curveballs or anything you wouldn't expect. It is very unlikely you won't make it past this.
    Then you'll get interviewed by one person from the leadership team, one person from HR (sometimes) and one person who you may be working directly under.
    They'll call you and 90% of people get the job anyway.

Interview Questions

• It is all behavioural questions so just be prepared for things like 'how did you deal with a difficult colleague' or 'how did you turn around an objection' and questions on group projects and stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They won't negotiate pay - base and incentive structure isn't negotiable. I got a 3k starting bonus but many do not. You're more likely to get this at the start of the year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CEB (Sydney) in April 2011.

Interview

As a young person myself, was surprised (and relieved) to find that both my interviewers seemed even younger than me.

Interview was fairly straight forward - they wanted to know what I knew about the organisation, what I knew about the role and why I thought I'd be successful.
    Interview was also quite behavioural - I was asked to discuss times where I'd dealt with things like rejection or difficult customers, and how I handled these situations.

Where I believe they typically hold 2 rounds of live interviews, given that they had roles they needed to fill quickly and that both my managers were in the room, the hiring decision was made after that first interview.

Process was surprisingly fast - received a call from the internal recruiter the next day, took the offer, and was in seat beginning training the following week.

Note that the process has evolved somewhat, and there now is an online test before candidates progress to a live interview round.

Interview Questions

• Question that took me by surprise was 'sell your passion'. I was given time to decide on something I'm passionate about and then sell this to the interviewers in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being my first corporate role, I didn't think to negotiate, but don't get the sense that the contract was open for negotiation.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first of which was with an HR representative who was very sweet and carried a casual conversation. The second was with a programmer from CEB who was also very nice and spent much of the time talking about the small team that the intern would be a part of and all that came as a part of the role.

Interview Questions

• They asked about general background in Computer Science as well as leadership experience and work ethic. Standard fare.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

I came from a target school, so my process may have been different from others. But it essentially consisted of a resume drop, and a number of coffee chats/informational interviews/meet and greets, before the actual process started. From there I experienced nothing less than a positive experience. It consisted of an assessment, a first round behavioral, and then a final round behavioral and case study.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I sent my application through their website. I received an email a little more than a month afterward. There was an initial 1 hour phone call with a recruiter with basic questions exploring my background, discussing my interest in CEB, and recalling times when I had to work on a team or how I conduct research. I was also sent a test online that gauged basic reasoning skills and personality.

A few weeks later I was scheduled to do two 1-hour interviews. The first hour was dedicated to behavioral questions. All of these questions had multiple parts to them and it was difficult to address every aspect of the question. I suggest writing everything down and asking the recruiter to repeat the question. Also, don't be afraid to relay experiences outside of internships or academics.

Immediately following the behavioral portion, I had to do a case interview. The case was the city bus system case mentioned in previous reviews. Case interviews are designed to puzzle your brain and test how you think. There is no right answer. I suggest reading up on case interviews and make sure you bring a pen, paper, and calculator (there were numbers). They are inherently challenging, but don't lose your cool.

Overall, the recruitment process was very straight forward and a very pleasant experience. Everyone I encountered seemed genuinely interested in figuring out whether I'd be a good fit and actually thrive in the position. The interviews were the right degree of challenging.

Interview Questions

• You can find interview questions on their website and a mock case interview where they go through the logic.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Phone interview, Standardized assesment, they flew me up to the Arlington office and had an interview with their revenue support managers. Cool people, cool office. Not an overly hard interview-I recieved my offer within a week of live interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All entry level sales jobs start at 40k

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews, one live. First phone interview was the normal HR screen. Second one was with the hiring manager to see if it's a skills match. After passing that to see if it's a cultural match - there was a heavy emphasis put on this throughout the process - they flew me out to headquarters where I met with 5 people. Three were one-on-one discussions and one was a two-on-one conversation. Prior to the interview they reiterated it was not a very formal company and encouraged me to "be myself".

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very disorganized. They contacted me the week after i applied and asked for a phone interview. The interview was long and complicated. They asked behavioral questions that were difficult to answer. I never heard back from them after the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work through a negative group experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in March 2015.

Interview

About a week after I completed their online application, I received an email about doing a phone interview with an HR rep. The woman I spoke with was perfectly nice, but seemed a bit stiff and like she wanted to quickly go through a list of questions. After completing the phone interview, I was then told that I would be sent a reasoning test to complete within one week of my phone interview. The woman I spoke with told me that after my test was received, I would hear back from her one way or another regarding where I stood in the interview process. I have never heard anything back from the company, which I obviously understand means that I did not get an offer. Not receiving an offer is completely fine, but I would have preferred to have received an email or something after I had spent the time doing the phone interview and completing the exam.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a time where you learned something from somebody that was different than you?   Answer Question