CEB

Updated 28 Feb 2015
Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in January 2013.

You'll get a call from the recruitment manager, who will do a 20-30 minute phone screening. This is really basic and they'll just ask you why CEB why sales etc. No curveballs or anything you wouldn't expect. It is very unlikely you won't make it past this.
    Then you'll get interviewed by one person from the leadership team, one person from HR (sometimes) and one person who you may be working directly under.
    They'll call you and 90% of people get the job anyway.

Interview Questions
    • It is all behavioural questions so just be prepared for things like 'how did you deal with a difficult colleague' or 'how did you turn around an objection' and questions on group projects and stuff.   Answer Question
    They won't negotiate pay - base and incentive structure isn't negotiable. I got a 3k starting bonus but many do not. You're more likely to get this at the start of the year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CEB in April 2011.

As a young person myself, was surprised (and relieved) to find that both my interviewers seemed even younger than me.

Interview was fairly straight forward - they wanted to know what I knew about the organisation, what I knew about the role and why I thought I'd be successful.
    Interview was also quite behavioural - I was asked to discuss times where I'd dealt with things like rejection or difficult customers, and how I handled these situations.

Where I believe they typically hold 2 rounds of live interviews, given that they had roles they needed to fill quickly and that both my managers were in the room, the hiring decision was made after that first interview.

Process was surprisingly fast - received a call from the internal recruiter the next day, took the offer, and was in seat beginning training the following week.

Note that the process has evolved somewhat, and there now is an online test before candidates progress to a live interview round.

Interview Questions
    • Question that took me by surprise was 'sell your passion'. I was given time to decide on something I'm passionate about and then sell this to the interviewers in 60 seconds.   Answer Question
    Being my first corporate role, I didn't think to negotiate, but don't get the sense that the contract was open for negotiation.

Member Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Applied online to CEB. Within a few days, they responded asking for an interview. They requested availability and a number to call. Once confirmed, I interviewed within a week. They asked for a second interview.

Account Management Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

I was interviewed by two guys in the Sales Department. I didn't have much sales experience at the time, but they were able to provide me with some good guidance on the industry. I did not get a job offer, but I thought the interview went okay and was professionally done.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

Submitted initial CV through campus portal. Was emailed by recruiter a couple of weeks later. Made me complete an online assessment dealing with logic, mathematical, computational, and behavioral question. After completing that, had to go through a behavioral interview with the recruiter. Final round was an hour long behavioral and an hour long case question.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult behavioral questions if you are not prepared. Study the CEB ToolKit page. Case question: You work for the government and want to purchase a new fleet of hybrid busses. Answer the following: 1) How much will the new buses cost 2) What should we price the fare at now 3) How do we communicate this new project with the public   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

I applied online and through my school job site in December. Was asked to complete the online assessment and have a 30-45 minute behavioral interview in January. Will have the interview on Wednesday and update questions.

Open (Non-specific) Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in January 2015.

Several years ago I worked for the company as an intern, and I'm on the job market again. My former manager passed my resume on to a recruiter, and she gave me an informal, non-position-specific phone interview to get to know me. I then completed an online assessment package, including a logic test and a couple of general work ethic assessments. I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • The logic test was extremely difficult, but I'm sure it's difficult for everyone. I wouldn't reveal any specific questions even if I could remember them, because they're confidential.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in January 2015.

Took about 2 weeks for an email and then it was followed by a phone interview. The person who I interview with was very pleasant, and answered all my questions regarding pay, vacation time, religious holiday etc. The questions that were asked were very general questions, for example, what would I contribute to the company, where do I see myself within the next 2 years.

Interview Questions
    • what would I contribute to the company, where do I see myself within the next 2 years?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in January 2015.

I met with CEB at a career fair at school and was told that my resume seemed to align with employees that the company considered for this position. However, I was quickly rejected after applying with no interview. I later got an interview when a friend who was hired recommended me and was requested to fill out an assessment online. The interview was about half an hour and took place over the phone. About half of it was discussing the company and position and answering questions I had. This was followed by about 3 or 4 questions designed to be a behavioral interview. However these were so vague as to be almost unhelpful, especially since they asked to focus on specific instances. My interviewer was nice but it seemed ill-suited for me to sell myself to the company, especially in such a short amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you conduct research.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a current event in the news relating to business and expand on how you understand it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty in a group project.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Pretty standard interview process. Behavioral questions and walk through of my resume. I applied online in about September, got contacted in late November/early December to do a phone interview. Following this there was a critical reasoning online test and a personality test. Last, there was a 2 person Skype interview. Overall, supportive process, no questions that were out of the blue or too challenging.

Interview Questions
    Not really any negotiation.