CEB Interview Questions

2.9

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CEB in April 2011.

As a young person myself, was surprised (and relieved) to find that both my interviewers seemed even younger than me.

Interview was fairly straight forward - they wanted to know what I knew about the organisation, what I knew about the role and why I thought I'd be successful.
    Interview was also quite behavioural - I was asked to discuss times where I'd dealt with things like rejection or difficult customers, and how I handled these situations.

Where I believe they typically hold 2 rounds of live interviews, given that they had roles they needed to fill quickly and that both my managers were in the room, the hiring decision was made after that first interview.

Process was surprisingly fast - received a call from the internal recruiter the next day, took the offer, and was in seat beginning training the following week.

Note that the process has evolved somewhat, and there now is an online test before candidates progress to a live interview round.

Interview Questions
    • Question that took me by surprise was 'sell your passion'. I was given time to decide on something I'm passionate about and then sell this to the interviewers in 60 seconds.   Answer Question
    Being my first corporate role, I didn't think to negotiate, but don't get the sense that the contract was open for negotiation.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2013.

You'll get a call from the recruitment manager, who will do a 20-30 minute phone screening. This is really basic and they'll just ask you why CEB why sales etc. No curveballs or anything you wouldn't expect. It is very unlikely you won't make it past this.
    Then you'll get interviewed by one person from the leadership team, one person from HR (sometimes) and one person who you may be working directly under.
    They'll call you and 90% of people get the job anyway.

Interview Questions
    • It is all behavioural questions so just be prepared for things like 'how did you deal with a difficult colleague' or 'how did you turn around an objection' and questions on group projects and stuff.   Answer Question
    They won't negotiate pay - base and incentive structure isn't negotiable. I got a 3k starting bonus but many do not. You're more likely to get this at the start of the year.

Web Content Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Was contacted by the HR and scheduled a phone interview with them. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Basic questions...describe your work experience and your skill set. Next was taking two different assessments. Says it isn't timed but it is. 30 questions each. 3 minutes per question. Questions were very specific and detailed, as if you needed to study beforehand in order to get them correct. Fortunately we were able to use google to find the answers. Still, it was ridiculous nonetheless and should not be an assessment that needs to be taken. Answers could be googled easily which proves that there would be no point as to why we need to memorize them. Finally I was scheduled to have two different interviews on the same day. They ended up pushing my interview 1 week back due to scheduling issues. I had to keep constantly asking them about my appointment with them. That right now, looked bad already. I was the one who was pushing. They were behind and failed to contact me themselves. Poor organization.

Have gone to the company ahead of time to scope out the place so that I know where to go when the time comes. Was prepared.

My first interview went well. However, the problem occurred in the following interview. The interviewer had poor organization and lacked punctuality. That right there, made me question whether or not I wanted to work for someone like that.

Two days after my interviews, I received an automated email saying that after deep consideration, they decided to go with a different candidate.

I emailed them again, trying to be a good sport and asked if they could provide some feedback on my interview and as to why I didn't get it.

They said, unfortunately it is against their policy to do such thing..

Bad company. Couldn't even tell me why they rejected me.

I would not want to work for a company like that.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CEB.

This is a detailed account of my experiences with CEB's interview process.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a CEB recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and we had a great conversation about my experiences and how they would fit within CEB. At the end of the call she determined that I was qualified to apply for the Research Consultant opening at their Arlington, VA office. She asked me to apply for the position and then send her an email to let her know I had submitted-explaining that this would flag my application for her.

Two weeks went by and I received an email from the recruiter. However it was worded in a manner that suggested that she did not remember our previous conversation. When I responded I made sure I said "I am looking forward to continuing our conversation." We had a great conversation (approx. 45 mins) and she said she was going to elevate me to the next stages of the process and that she would get back to me soon.

Another two weeks went by and I received a call, middle of the afternoon, from a different recruiter. She was calling to let me know that the first recruiter was "no longer with CEB" and that she was "picking up the pieces." Okay... She then went into asking me interview questions; many of which I had already answered with the first recruiter (this is to be expected sometimes but I am including it so others know what to expect). About 10 minutes into the call she says "Oh, I guess I should have asked you if this was a good time to talk." At the end of this call she informed me that they were going to send me some tests to take.

She told me the name of the person sending the tests and asked that after finishing I email both of them to let them know.

I received a Raven's Progressive Matrices test and a Hogan API personality assessment.

After finishing these I emailed both individuals and didn't hear back for a week. I then received an email from another person inviting me for an in-person interview in Arlington. She CC'd another person on the email "who would be coordinating my interview" and asked that I respond to both individuals with my availability to interview.

I was told, "She will also send you information with regards to booking travel."

I responded with my availability (which was flexible) and about a week later received my interview time slot. About 2 hours later she wrote back and changed the time. When I received the email it did not contain any information about booking travel. However the email encouraged me to ask any questions.

I responded that I was looking forward to the interview and had marked my calendar for (insert date and time here). I also asked about receiving the information in regards to booking travel.

8 days went by, no response. This is now 6 days from my supposed interview. No travel arrangements. No further contact.

I withdrew from the interview process. VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly related to skills and experiences. Easy.   Answer Question

Account Management Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CEB.

Phone interview, standardized verbal test online, online personality test, another brief phone conversation, in-person interview with two full-time employees at headquarters. Long periods of time between each stage. All of the interviews were behavioral. "Tell me about a time when...".

Reps were consistently late on stated deadlines, even the actual in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were cast from the same mold. Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

After applying online, recruiting manager reached out to me via email. We then set up a phone screen. After the call being very late, I felt that the call was very scripted and rushed. Worst phone screen I have ever had. After I realized that I was not interested in the position and we ended the call, I got a rejection email a few minutes later. Such a waste of time

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in December 2013.

Very quick and friendly process if I can say. The process went very fast once started . I have to add that I was contacted more than 3 weeks after applying

Basic

Manager, Digital Products and Innovation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Applied through the website in early January 2013. Was contacted by someone in HR. Had a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back quickly and was brought in for an interview. I was told who I would be interviewing with (3 people) and interview went really well. Then I did not hear back from them for several weeks. Finally, about 3-4 weeks later (after many follow up e-mails that went unanswered) I heard that everyone loved me and the interview went really well, but they had an internal candidate apply. They told me they had another position opening up that they wanted me for and I followed up consistently for the next month and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the hardest part for you transitioning into this role?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in February 2014.

Pretty simple, email of interest, took forever getting in contact afterwards, but might have been because of snow and weather. Then phone interview walking through resume, then invitation for 3 hour in person interview. Three rounds with mid-level execs, 2 hours behavioral, one case study. Nothing particularly difficult, just situations and how i would deal with them, past experiences, rewarding skills and preferred work habits.

Interview Questions
    • A company is patenting eye drops that cure nearsightedness for a month. How would you advise them to roll out the product?   Answer Question
    Coming out of public sector, they named a number way higher than I had considered, and I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

Interview process took around 2 months. I had to contact them a couple of times in order to get an update on my application. Went to a final interview and was told that I would be contacted within 3-4 days. However, I did not get any feedback at all. I tried contacting them a couple of times and even got in touch with the HR who was responsible for my application. I was told that she would call back by the end of the day and she didn't...

Interview Questions

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!