CEB

153 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2013.

Interview Details You'll get a call from the recruitment manager, who will do a 20-30 minute phone screening. This is really basic and they'll just ask you why CEB why sales etc. No curveballs or anything you wouldn't expect. It is very unlikely you won't make it past this.
Then you'll get interviewed by one person from the leadership team, one person from HR (sometimes) and one person who you may be working directly under.
They'll call you and 90% of people get the job anyway.

Interview Question – It is all behavioural questions so just be prepared for things like 'how did you deal with a difficult colleague' or 'how did you turn around an objection' and questions on group projects and stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They won't negotiate pay - base and incentive structure isn't negotiable. I got a 3k starting bonus but many do not. You're more likely to get this at the start of the year.

Print Design Specialist Interview

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2013.

Interview Details Received and email and spoke with someone saying I was interviewing for one position, and received an email from someone else in the company that said "Thank you for applying , but we are going forward with other candidates and will keep your information on file." When I emailed both, they said it was a glitch in the system and that I was to come in for my interview. They officially hired me before my background check was cleared but "things could change" and told me I could officially give my notice to my current company. With time winding down, they waited until the last day (exactly two weeks before my start date) to give me the "okay, all clear."

Interview Question – They asked me why I was I was leaving my current company and what I expected to get from the position at CEB.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They also don't offer much in terms of salary and definitely will not negotiate with you. Also, their disorganization left a bad taste in my mouth.

Research Consultant Interview

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2014.

Interview Details As others have stated - three steps in the process, an initial interview with a recruiter, completing some online assessments, and then three 1-hour in-person interviews. The in-person interview consisted of a thought question, the standard behavioral interview, and then an exercise where I had to read an article and come up with a predictive model. Everyone was very nice and took the time to answer my questions. The HR process was strange. I was eventually told after many follow-ups on my part that I did well in the interview but they'd already filled the position. I was told to keep in touch in case future positions opened up. It took quite a while for me to get this answer out of HR. As a result, I didn't get a very positive impression of the company. I've not heard wonderful things about the company from others, as well as from the ratings on glassdoor so it's just as well.

Account Management Associate Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in September 2013.

Interview Details fairly easy

Interview Question – there wasnt really one, just be prepared   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Did two phone interviews and then an in person interview. Two phone interviews lasted around 30 minutes each, the in person lasted for about an hour and a half. The in person went very well and I was told to expect a call back within a week. I sent follow up emails to my interviewers thanking them, but never heard anything back. I emailed them, along with my HR contact, a week later but never heard a thing. Pretty rude honestly, I drove 3 hours for the interview and the night before they moved my interview from 3pm to 11am. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get the job but I was still peeved never hearing anything from them.

Interview Question – The questions aren't difficult but they require you to really think in depth about past experiences, and have multiple takeaways from them.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Typical scenario-based questions as well as resume and experience questions - Interview with 3-5 managers

Interview Question – Give us specific example of X   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiated with HR, was able to get a signing bonus

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details two on the phone interviews and an in face interview with 2 of their hiring managers. courteous people on all accounts and the recruiter is flexible and willing to work with you through the entire process

Interview Question – unexpected question was what have you done for a coworker that made their lives easier?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Associate

Interview Details Submitted resume, met at career fair and phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you worked on a team   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, one phone interview, invited to their interview day and flown out, then had a day of presentations and at the end a building tour, which they call a job shadow, and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Question – how did you determine someone's values and use them as a way to close a sale   Answer Question

Survey Interview

Rochester, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CEB in February 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with HR and felt is was very scripted. She was clearly reading and doing it at a extremely fast speed. So fast that I had to ask her to repeat herself several times. The interviewer also stated that I would hear back if I was to, receive a face-to-face or if they were going to pass on me. It's been almost three weeks. I decided that if I were to get an offer, I would decline.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult at all, in fact, I feel the only question asked was; what have you done with your past/current employer that you are proud of? It was mostly reviewing my resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB interview questions and advice. All 153 interview reviews are posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.